See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 August 2016

The strike plate of my door was not the correct plate. It had been re attached by a single screw and the dead bolt did not work. The proprietor said it had been kicked in by the FBI and not to worry because he watched the motel on video all night...Needless to say I did not sleep very well. Was not offered a different room. Should have demanded a refund and left.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2015

If you need to stay over, it's cheap and it does the trick. I didn't find my room to be unclean, but I'm not very picky, although I didn't see mold or smell odors or anything like that. I don't recall a continental breakfast, either.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2015 via mobile

We booked this hotel after finding on booking.com as one of the cheaper nightly rates were posted...DO NOT STAY...when you walk into Main Office this should be your first clue as to what you may be getting yourself into...not very clean, there some odors that are not very pleasant...after we received our key for Room 110...floor very dirty...didn't look like it had been vacuumed, there was lint and other small trash on floor, like an empty medication wrapper, wrapper like you find on Tylenol capsules...bathroom looked like it was tidied up but not very clean, there were hairs in sink and bathtub and bathroom sink counter top did not look wiped down or clean...there were cob webs on suitcase rack...TV console did not look very clean...beds were made and tidy, however when we pulled bedspread and sheets back, there were hairs, stains and other particles in bed...the sheets were obviously not changed...paint chips and holes on walls, bathroom light broken, light fixtures/lamps dusty and dirty, microwave filthy inside and out...I was too afraid to look inside small refrigerator...will never book here again...NEVER EVER!!!!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Jbam303
Reviewed 13 July 2015

Our stay here was great. We came into town to visit a family member and needed a quiet place to stay that was nearby. The first thing that grabbed our interest about this hotel was their competitive pricing, so we decided to book a room here for a couple nights. The service was excellent and they supplied us with the amenities we needed like towels and such right when we asked.

On top of all this, the management staff went above and beyond. My son left his 3DS in the hotel room on accident and the staff at the hotel found it and offered to return it to us. It's amazing these days to find a place with honest folks. The Scottish Inn did so much right by us, and when we stop to visit family in the area again, we will stay here!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed in Scottish Inn Albany last night.
Staff insisted that we paid more than quoted price. (Not tax) Room really smelt of vinegar for some reason. Room had been cleaned at a glance, but not with any enthusiasm. Corners had build up of dust, toe nails and hair. Bedsheets were clean, but they smelt a little of smoke. Other customers were in parking lot all night long smoking weed. The manager (I think) joined them in the morning. Did not feel safe here. Woke up with bites on my legs and arms which were not their yesterday. Same with girlfriend. No breakfast as advertised, no gym as advertised. Wifi did not work. Disgraceful.

• Stayed: September 2013