“Nice group business dinner ”

Hana Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Hana Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 747 Restaurants in Albany
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: CDTA Bus Transit conveniently located right on Western Ave.
Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

Just had dinner for 9 at Hana, for a business group with eclectic tastes. Hibachi is fairly ubiquitous today, so a few fun things stand out about here. First, I've never seen lamb before in a hibachi, but it's available here and the group member who ordered it said it was great. We had a mix of everything from shrimp to steak, chicken, the aforementioned lamb, even vegetarian. Service was prompt and efficient throughout. The show was one of the best of seen in awhile. Normally I tune them out a bit since they are all the same, but tonight's cook had some serious knife skills and was pretty funny as well. My drink could have been a bit stronger, but overall everything was quite good, no mistakes, and quite efficient. I certainly recommend them to anyone looking for hibachi or a sushi/sashimi night out.

Reviewed 3 December 2016

After holiday shopping my wife and I stopped here for some nourishment. We've been here before and always enjoyed the food and service. This visit was no different. I ordered the sashimi for lunch and enjoyed every taste of it. My wife got a box lunch of fish and enjoyed her lunch too. The service as usual was attentive and non-intrusive. I know we'll be back again for lunch or dinner as this is a place we enjoy and will support.

Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

Seated immediately, food was excellent. Started with the angry dragon, it was outstanding! I had hibachi, with chicken and steak, delicious! We left there completely satisfied. I would definitely recommend Hana and will be going back again

Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

Standard hibachi fare for the main courses. Everything excellent and entertaining. If you can save room for desert make sure to get the fried vanilla ice cream. It a large scoop with a thick crust and the kids will gobble it down. The hostess service is a bit slow so be sure to order refills on drinks before you need them.

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

Family and friends for a birthday hibachi dinner. Menu was quite extensive including salmon and scallops. Most had the filet mignon with noodles. The dinner comes with shrimp, vegetables and white rice, fried rice or noodles. Clear soup/salad was extra. We had a pleasant typical hibachi experience. For a party of 7 (including many beers) dinner before tip was $230. Everyone enjoyed themselves and we had plenty to take home for dinner the following night.