“Delicious food”
Review of VERANDA Cafe

VERANDA Cafe
Ranked #23 of 118 Restaurants in Mahe Island
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a small family-run Cafe specialising in coffees, teas, cakes, cupcakes and light lunches, ranging from healthy salads, wraps, paninis, fresh fish, curries, and pastas. We are available to serve dinner to anyone who wishes to join us, but we do require 24-hour notice. Come and join us, we look forward to seeing you there!
Reviewed 15 November 2017

Small cafe with just veranda area sitting, very limited menu options. But very delicious food, we had juices with chicken burrito and famous banana cake. Food was super yummy but considerably small portions so expensive. Staff very co-operative. One added advantage is gift shop in same premise which is good place to buy souvenirs.

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

We decided to make a short stop on our way from Petit Anse to Baie Ternay. We were greeted very friendly. The lady did a great service. Looked after special wishes, simply gave us a personal, good and welcomed feeling, which you hardly find these days.
We had good coffee and tasty housemade banana and coconut cake.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

I really don't like writing bad reviews. The staff here seemed very nice (when we saw them) but another reviewer nailed it -- do not stop at this cafe. Just don't. We had a driver take us around the island but were starving after a few hours and desperate for food. This place looked nice and we chose to stop since it was going to be another 30 minutes before we reached the driver's recommended restaurant (which turned out to be an awesome place on the beach). We wound up spending an hour and 40 minutes here -- 20 minutes to get a menu, another 20 minutes to get drinks, and an hour to get our food. I live in Italy and am more than accustomed to an indifferent wait staff and a long wait for dinner but this was as bad as I've ever seen. Mind you there was never more than one other table of patrons at any point. We had to flag the staff several times to get attention. The food came without all of the ingredients listed on the menu and was not enjoyable. So at this point, we've killed nearly two hours of prime beach daylight and scarfed down mediocre food -- the last sin came in the form of the bill. The $75 USD price tag definitely gave me sticker shock (perhaps because it had been so long since I'd seen a menu). We ate FAR better meals for half that price elsewhere on the island.

In summary, the kitchen seemed to be unable to prepare more than one dish at a time, the staff was unattentive, the wait was unacceptable, the food was mediocre at best, and the price was far out of line with the goods and service provided. I'm glad others have had good experiences because this was one of the worst I've ever had at a restaurant.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stopped for an early lunch and were accommodated even though they hadn't officially opened. We ordered the vegetarian eggplant open sandwich and the quinoa salad. They were out of quinoa but offered to substitute chickpeas. Both dishes were full of flavor and we were pleased with the amount of food. We did have to wait quite a long time for our food to be brought to our table but we relaxed and enjoyed the veranda and figured the food being prepared was as fresh as it could be. I would definitely recommend this place for a tasty meal!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

we walked from our resort (Avani) which is very close to the Veranda cafe and decided the grab a bite, service is slow and lack of options for a vegetarian, I ordered the Prawns with rice and my wife ordered a salad, extremly expensive for the quality but the Prawns dish was amazing to be honest, make sure you spray yourself with insects repelant cause plenty of them there since the only seating area is outdoors.