“Family reunion”

and 1 more site!
Acra Manor Resort & Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Acra
Reviewed 15 August 2016

Had a family reunion at Acra Manor this weekend. Had never been there but know people that go there every year. There were approximately 20 of us. The owners were a family from Long Island and were so warm and nice. Rooms were immaculate although somewhat outdated but that's the way it is in the Catskills, unless you're going to pay the price for a place like Villa Roma. Price at Acra is totally affordable and accommodations, activities, etc. were well worth the money we paid. Food was very good; owners are of Italian decent and we were very impressed with the pasta dishes. We had 2 children with us under the age of 8 and they had a blast; very child-friendly atmosphere. Activities director, Larry, tries to get everyone involved and knew many other guests there by name, some of which have been going there for 32 years. Only downfall is limited time for buffet breakfast and scheduled 6pm dinner but believe dinner is scheduled that way because they have trips to local activities like mini golf, rollerskating, etc. after dinner and then the lounge opens at 9:30 pm for entertainment.

Room Tip: The owners recommended rooms facing the pool in a row so we were able to sit outside together and sp...
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank DianaJean28
There are newer reviews for Acra Manor Resort & Hotel

Reviewed 3 August 2016

The Service Desk Check In was easy and they were very friendly. The room was nice and clean, I enjoyed the comfort of being with friendly people, even the guest that have been there before, were all friendly. We stayed an extra night so we could go to the lounge for Karaoke and watch the kids sing also. Nice place had fun will be back

Room Tip: pool side rooms are great step out your door and you are there.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank 495Denny
Reviewed 22 June 2016

We had our wedding 10 years ago at Acra Manor Inn and it by far was the best decision we made. We just recently had a rock themed 10 yr anniversary party. I can't say enough how great it was having it at Acra. The food and service was great and they made you feel welcome the entire weekend. They are more than accommodating and they really just let you enjoy the night without pushing you out the door when the clock strikes a particular hour. The majority of our guests stayed the night and we never felt rushed and were able to enjoy the grounds the entire evening. It may not come across as the most glamorous place but don't let that fool you - I would highly recommend having your wedding or party there as you will have a wonderful time and will truly feel at home. I was sad to leave once again, the same as I felt 10 years ago. I can't wait to have our 15 yr anniversary party there!!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Stacy P
Reviewed 13 June 2016

We are assisting every year to the Round Top Soccer Tournament, this year was the third time staying in Acra Manor Resort. The first time we booked 12 rooms, this year we booked 31 rooms and for the next year we will reserve the complete hotel. We were in different resorts around Catskill every year before Acra Manor Resort, and we are really sure that we have found the right place for our families when we are assisting yo the tournament and visiting the region in different time.
The children enjoy the place more than the adults, the pool and jacuzzi are in front of the barbecue area and solarium and you can observe the children while you are sharing with family or friends; the same way is for the indoor pool, always you can observe the children while they are enjoying the pool. This year we included the breakfast and it was delicious. The staff is always ready and careful whit your necessities. Thank you very much to Acra Manor's staff and see you soon!!!!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

I had my reception at Acra Manor and it went so much better than I thought it would. My groom and I got ready at the hotel before heading off to the church where the ceremony was held. The owners and staff were amazing at making sure our special day was one to remember with good thoughts. The flow of the reception went smoothly, I didn't feel rushed or anxious to get any event of the reception started or finished. The food was delicious, I've been told that the bride usually doesn't get to eat but I made sure to sample the nachos from the mexican cart at the cocktail hour and eat my chicken cordon blue dinner. The welcome drink was adorable and tasty, I wanted another glass. I could go on and on about my awesome experience at Acra Manor.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Acra
7.8 km away
25.9 km away
Pollace's Family Vacation Resort
5.2 km away
The Country Place Resort at Zoom Flume Water Park

Been to Acra Manor Resort & Hotel? Share your experiences!