See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 January 2017

There is nothing good to write about this hotel. It was not clean, tiny rooms with bed only. No trash-can no place for the suitcase and no place for the towels. The "Mehadrin Kosher" label covers poor quality food. Even the breakfast was beneath criticism

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Yoav19
Reviewed 9 November 2016

The hotel itself is old, everything there is old, but it's still comfortable, well ubicated and with a nice terrace overloooking the lake. Food is ok, israel has great food so nothing can go really wrong. Service is terrible though... I mean if you take more than 10 seconds to decide they'll shout you to hurry up, specially they guy downstairs during the night.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank mscadjd
Reviewed 2 September 2016

My family of six chose this hotel because it was listed as Glatt Kosher and this is very important to us. We booked one single (minutely small), one double and one triple. The triple meant my youngest grandchild had to sleep on the sofa and she was not very happy with this. The larger rooms were reasonable to look at but very well worn.
My single room was so small I had to keep my case on the bed as if I had put it on the floor I would have had to climb over it. The air conditioning unit, however, was most efficient and kept the room cool during the three days we were at this hotel.
On the first night, the hotel seemed full, but the noise was unbelievable, until about 12.30 a.m. Doors were being banged in some kind of game, and kicked as well. The children were all shouting and playing tag but after 12.30 a.m. they quietened down. The noise from the street was quite loud as well, and the window in the bathroom was unable to be closed, and the bathroom door had to be kept ajar as otherwise, it banged. The bathroom was very shabby and worn, with cracked tiles, cracked window, and cracked plastic fitting over the light itself. Despite running the water for a long time, no hot water emerged and in the morning the staff came to find out what was wrong and said you have to run the water longer. In fact, to get a shower with medium warm water meant running the water for 15 minutes! My family told me that this was not the case in their rooms and there was plenty of hot water so I was just unlucky. The curtain did not fit the window properly and was about 18" too long and one had to be very careful not to slip over it. The gap between bed and wall/window was so narrow I had to walk sideways to get into the bed. The bed was clean and comfortable. This is a no frills hotel, and no toiletries are provided, other than liquid soap attached to the wall near the sink and again in the shower.

Breakfast was adequate with someone making eggs, and fresh bread, cheeses, and some vegetables, cereals, cake, and plenty of hot water for tea and coffee.

The hotel is too far from the sea and centre of Tiberias and although walking down is acceptable, walking back up the hill was not for me, and we had to take taxis to get back to the hotel. When checking on this, I had not realised it was so far up.

The best part of this hotel is the staff, especially, Michal and Moris, who were really lovely and helpful when I asked if they could print boarding passes for me. They said they did not know how, but if I knew what to do, I could come round the desk and use the computer and printer and this is what I did.

There is Wi-Fi in the lobby area but not in the rooms. There was no telephone in my room and on the last night the fire alarm sounded at midnight but it was apparently just a false alarm which woke me up and kept me away for hours as it is difficult to get back to sleep once woken in that way.

The lobby has a nice waterfall wall but that is about it.

All in all, I would not wish to return.

Room tip: I would not recommend anyone choosing this hotel
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Sally G
Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

One of the most amazing hotels I've ever stayed at. People are so nice and the food is amazing. The hotel is clean and the people are very courteous. It was a great stay if you're coming in large groups it is very accommodating. Not only is it a beautiful place but it is very homie.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2016

The hotel is very old and not clean, we saw 3 cockroaches (very much alive) wandering around the room.
the hotel is located near the center of town, you can park your car in the streets around the hotel.
the food is reasonable. very poor variety of t.v. channels on t.v. in the room (no kidds channel).

Date of stay: May 2016