“Down Home Healthy Eating”

Tree of Life Vegetarian Cafe
Ranked #4 of 35 Restaurants in Safed
Description: Tree of Life provides bountiful vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free meals, and our delicious entrees and salads can be modified according to your specifications. We have a full juice and smoothie bar, and serve both gluten-free and whole grain desserts. There's something for everyone at Tree of Life! All major credit cards are accepted.
Reviewed 13 September 2018

We had the choice of eating outdoors or inside and my friend and I chose to be inside where we could converse more readily.The ambiance is cozy with soft music playing in the background. We ate at a wooden table.The walls were peach with a corner wood curio shelf. I liked that there was a washing cup and bowl available. The menus are in Hebrew and in English. The options on the menu include gluten-free pizza, quinoa, salads sandwiches and soups. The Tree of Life is also noted for its fruit smoothies and health shakes. Many times I opt for the quesadilla, but this time, for a change, I had green lentil soup served piping hot, and side salad with freshly baked warm bread. My friend had an omelet with cheese and tomato and a green shake. Our meals were FRESHLY prepared (, not out of a can or frozen) FOR US while we waited. The portions were just the right size and the wait staff was professional, prompt and attentive. Both of us agreed the food was tasty. As a nice touch, the check was presented in a carved wooden treasure chest.

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Food was amazing. Super fresh. Felt like my mom/aunt/grandma made a meal specially for me. Very happy to find the spot.

Reviewed 26 April 2018

Tree of Life Cafe makes it hard to choose - from a vast array of smoothies, to soup, salads, hot or cold entrees, and desserts that go way beyond delicious! You would have to eat here three times a day for a week before you would be able to try everything! They have gluten or gluten-free quesadillas, with either dairy or vegan cheese, and their veggie burger is fabulous! Save room for the vegan cheesecake with a real but gluten-free crust and homemade, agave sweetened fruit compote on top. Oh my! Tzfat really is heaven...

Reviewed 25 April 2018

this is one of those classic Tzfat places you would expect to find in the holy old city of tzfat. ran by real authentic people who cook because they love to.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Amazing fresh food! The lovely young lady working was so helpful and attentive to my daughter and even helped customize the perfect salad for my finicky daughter. I had an amazing soup. The smoothie and fresh lemonade were spectacular and so refreshing. The food was great but the lovely girl behind the counter made it an amazing, warm and friendly experience! Thank you so much! Can't wait to come again!

feigi p, Owner at Tree of Life Vegetarian Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

So happy to hear how much you loved it! Thanks for the great review- and hope we'll see you again soon!