All reviews organic farm fish spa treatments meat restaurant organic food half board overlooking the sea great spa farm to table working farm tea bar indoor pool breakfast and dinner hotel is located vegetarian buffet fresh herbs upgraded to a suite
Reviewed 1 January 2017

This unique hotel specializes in relaxing and pampering spa vacations. In a region which offers the tourists a very wide selection of accommodation including many upscale B&B rooms, I can recommend it because it has some unique features that make it stand far above others.

Amazing locally grown cuisine:
The hotel most outstanding feature is the farm to table food they serve. The hotel has 2 restaurants - one that serves breakfast and vegetarian or dairy food for dinner, and the finer one - Muscat, which serves absolutely fantastic dinner and lunch. The vegetables, spices, and all the wonderful cheeses and yogurt are all grown and produced from the hotel's own farm, and you can go for a beautiful stroll and get a look at the vegetables you're going to eat for dinner or visit the small herd of goat and cattle the keep at their little dairy farm.
Food at breakfast was very fresh and tasty, but the dinner we had at the Muscat Restaurant was simply one of the best I've ever had. The food was remarkable and the service impeccable ,do not miss on it. You can visit the muscat restaurants without staying at the hotel and if you decide to stay somewhere else, I'd recommend coming here for dinner.

Location:
Hotel's location above the city of Safed gives it gorgeous vistas of the Galilean mountain region of Israel and of the Golan heights. The next little town is called Rosh Pina. It used to be a little village and you can go see it's historical center and beautiful cobbled streets, where you can find many restaurants, shops and galleries and even a local cinema that shows a wide selection of international movies from around the world. The old city of Safed is another beautiful place to spend a day strolling around in it's winding alleys and is less than 10 minutes drive away.

Spa:
The hotel's spa offers a very wide range of treatments. I'm not big on spa things and cannot call myself an expert but I enjoyed the treatment I booked. They also have a very nice heated indoor pool you can use.

Atmosphere:
Atmosphere is very elegant and relaxing. The hotel is now a part of a luxurious hotel chain, but it used to be privately owned until 2016 so nothing there looks like a big hotel chain and it has the charm a boutique hotel. Patrons tend to be on the rich and older side... so some might find it too relaxing, but I definitely enjoyed the feeling of leaving the outside world behind upon entering.

Rooms:
We booked a mini suite and were upgraded to a suite. The room was big and comfortable, with a very comfortable king size bed, a small sitting area and a big bathroom. It was a very nice room and I can only complain about the small touches, because those sometimes make a very big difference from Nice to fantastic:

Why no coffee/tea in the room itself? You can go into the lobby and make yourself herbal tea from the wide selection of herbs grown in the farm, but do guests really need to be going out at a cold night and walking 5 min to the lobby when you just want to cozy up in bed? All you need is a small pot for boiling water and some herbs in the room and it would have been perfect.

And speaking of the coffee and tea in the lobby, I find it lacking that one of the most luxurious and expensive hotels in Israel can only give it's guests the cheapest and undrinkable brand of instant coffee... They can do better.

The bathroom was big, but the bathtub itself was small. In an expensive suite I would want a big tub suitable for a romantic bubble bath for 2.

Add these small touches and some more to add more comfort and this charming spot and it would be perfect instead of just very good.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jaimy12
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

My wife decided to take me to a "fun day" for my birthday including breakfast, spa and massage at Mitzpe Hayamim. We visited this remarkable place many times before so were willing to pay the relevant high price for such a day ($270) and expected to have wonderful experience.
Unfortunately, besides the massage which remained high quality, it seems that the new owner is trying to reduce his costs...
The breakfast was nothing to remember - were are the many type of home made breads? The tiny pies? The delicious many unique dishes? It was a regular Israeli breakfast who have lost the unique touch.
The SPA was disappoint. Both, my wife and I got a single locker with robes but no slippers, I had to take my shower wearing my bathing suit since there are no men showers. They used to have many type of fruit teas and cookies at the lobby, now - only one type of tea (besides the herbs) and no cookies.... for someone coming for the first time, it still seems like a magical place, but for returning visitors - it lost its magical touch and is nothing more than an overpriced experience.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank StrommerGR
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

A friend and I stayed for a couple of nites. After having lived in Israel for 30 years I wonder how I have never stayed here before. Everything at the hotel seemed perfect, the room was a A good size, with a lovely view. The food was out of this world, very varied vegetarian dishes beautifully presented and very tasty. I love the pool and the spa outside fthat I sat in with the rain pouring down around me. I enjoyed the evening entertainment and the tasty cakes for afternoon tea. The grounds are beautiful and relaxing the ambience is both restful and invigorating. I enjoyed every moment and hope to be back soon.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

Situated in the suburbs of Sefad with beautiful view. Beautiful building in the style of the Galeeli. Staff is nice. Restaurant is good. Public areas are unique.
However the rooms are very small. Bathroom cannot accommodate 2 people brushing teeth together. Furniture is vintage but extremely worn out. Mattress is soft as was in fashion at the 70's.
Price is extremely high not in proportion to these outdated rooms.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank MShamir
Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

we visited this hotel for a weekend and had a very very good holiday. the hotel is now owned by isrotel an israeli brand of good hotels
it is a four stars hotel with good spa and warm atmosphere. all the food is vegetarian (except one restaurant) and being served from its own local organic farm. the rooms
need some work on them as some little things are not in place
all in all i am wormly recommended this hotel for nice and quiet weekend

. stuff is great and no kids are allowed

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple