All reviews mediterranean sea half bath large balcony wonderful stay sitting room tel aviv great pool stayed longer business trip ocean view sea front long flight comfortable rooms tour group wonderful hotel salad island hotel
Reviewed 10 August 2017

My wife and I spontaneously decided to escape the routine for a few day stay near the beach. We don't go out much and I had a two day vacation from work. We packed, got a nanny, and started driving while phoning several hotels. Although expensive, Ramada seemed attractive, we reserved a room, a two night stay leaving Friday, and very quickly showed up for check in.

We had a nice first night. Nice room and view. The next morning we left the room for a while and called room service to clean up. Upon returning, both keys didn't work. At the desk they told us we were supposed to have left already. We claimed it was a misunderstanding, hopefully to be sorted out quickly. The room wasn't made, we wanted to rest but we were nervous while they sort the misunderstanding. Room service taking too long, we placed a do-not-disturb sign and prepared for a nap.

The manager of the hotel then knocked like a cop, even telling the recently arrived room service to leave. I opened, he took out the do-not-disturb sign from the door while entering and told me to sit down. Tension escalated. He told us that we booked for only one night and we had to leave if we didn't pay for a second one. The checkin document that we signed was the proof. It did say one night, I admit fault for not checking before signing. Since we didn't agree to pay more (that would have been twice the price we budgeted for), he said upon leaving "we want you out by five", and closed the door.

Since they didn't believe us, we rushed to the reservation offices and asked to hear the recording of our call. The manager arrived and told us "get out of the room, we want to hear it privately." From the outside, after a few minutes, we heard commotion and an argument with the phone clerk. Coming out of the office the manager told us that they don't have a recording and we were asked to leave unless we pay extra. They claimed they were being kind not to charge us late checkout fees.

It was their word agains ours. Mistakes do happen and I know how to take responsibility for my oversights. The reason for my bad rating is that they forgot we were guests, we were assumed to be lying from the very beginning of the misunderstanding, they didn't allow us to listen to the recorded phone call and then, oblivious to the fact that everything was audible from the outside, they claimed they didn't have a recording. The manager talked to us like we were children, he said "Friday (in hebrew, 'shishi'), sounds a lot like Tuesday ('shlishi'). You probably ordered wrong." But it was Thursday, that misunderstanding wasn't possible. "So you say we're liars (I didn't use such word), why did you book with us if we are liars?" All this ridiculous sentences by the hotel manager (named Oren) are recorded. His last sentence was: "get out of here before we charge you for late fees as well."

My wife and I are an elegant, mid-thirties religious couple with children. The hotel was mostly empty. I'm sure there were lots of different ways to sort this issue without feeling kicked out in the middle of our romantic vacation and be treated like criminals. In the Israeli way, we were being addressed as teenage soldiers by a commander in the IDF, definitely not like paying customers, and it wasn't cheap.

Our short romantic vacation ruined, wife in tears, and then eureka: The reservation was made on speaker during a car trip, and we have a dash-cam that recorded the conversation. We were exhilarated that the truth came up, we inquired for two nights leaving Friday. It was no longer our word against theirs. We'll think about our next step, but vacationers beware, since in Ramada Netanya "the customer is always wrong."

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Ronen L
203jeremy, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Hotel and Suites Netanya, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear Ronen,
Our hotel's primary purpose is our guest's satisfaction. This matter was a misunderstanding on your behalf during the reservation process.
Reservation confirmation was sent to the e-mail you provided. In addition, we kindly offered to assist you with an option to extend your stay at a reduced rate. You declined our offer. Furthermore, during check-in all our guests are entitled to review the registration form prior to accepting the room. You signed this form therefore consenting to the information provided.
We wish you and your wife a great summer and will be more than happy to host you again among our guests.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

In town for a couple days of business. This is one of the most modern and well kept hotels in the area. Views of the Mediterranean Sea from a large private balcony was amazing - both night and day. Great location for walk or run on the path along the sea or a swim at the beach just south of the hotel. Breakfast buffet was delicious, well supplied and provided many options.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
203jeremy, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Hotel and Suites Netanya, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear Joe,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We have many business guests that enjoy our quiet location and panoramic views, after a hard day's work at the office. I hope to see you again soon.
Best Regards

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Spent a work sponsored weekend at the hotel, Thursday until Saturday night. Rooms are spacious and modern. Plenty of room to stretch out and take it easy. Food was good and generous. Service was cordial and good.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
203jeremy, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Hotel and Suites Netanya, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Dear Ahituv,

Thank you for taking your time to share your guest's experience at our hotel. I was happy to read that we succeeded in making your stay an enjoyable one and I sincerely hope to see you again in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

We had a beautiful room with a fantastic view of the Mediterranean! We had a buffet dinner which was delicious.
The room was very large&contemporary extremely clean with a nice bathroom that had a large shower stall with a rain shower head.
And it was a very short walk to the sea...a wonderful stay!
Would definitely stay here again if I have the opportunity to get back to Isreal!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
203jeremy, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Hotel and Suites Netanya, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Dear Querqus,
Thank you so much for your detailed review and kind words.
It was a great privilege to read that we succeeded in making your stay an enjoyable one.
Looking forward to seeing you again in the near future,
Best Regards,

Reviewed 13 June 2017

We stayed here for two night in a premier suite room ( I think all the rooms are the same) they are spacious- have a separate bedroom and bathroom - living room/ kitchen area, tv in the living room area and smaller one in the bedroom, the balcony was big for a hotel room and the views were beautiful across netanya. The sofa in the living area converts to a double bed, probably OK for children or young teenagers to share so the room comfortably accommodates four nicely. The breakfast was a delight, lots to choose from and no shortage of food. The swimming pool area had lots of sun beds / wicker beds to use but not sure how it would be in high season but I suppose that's like any hotel in peak time. The hotel is just just a bit out from the square in netanya where all the restaurants/ shops are but still a great location but they are just a short walk away from a fabulous meaty restaurant El Gaucho and a supermarket. Would defo stay here again as very comfortable.

Room Tip: Choose front facing as the views of the sea and netanya are beautiful
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Maxine,
We try to offer our guests the most comfortable suites, cuisine and facilities.
I am very glad you enjoyed your time at our hotel and I thank you for the detailed description of what the hotel has to offer and the surrounding area. I am very much look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Warm Regards,