All reviews rooftop garden mataram city non smoking sky lounge amazing rooftop business trip junior suite room international airport fitness center top floor hotel facilities rooms are spacious free wifi check in process front desk staff stayed here for one night meeting room
Reviewed 28 August 2018

My husband and I stayed here for one night on our honeymoon on our way to the Gili Islands. Our first experience with the staff was whilst calling to arrange an airport transfer with them as our flight got in late. Unfortunately, the woman answering the phone on reception did not speak english very well and it took over ten minutes for her to understand what we were asking for and take down our flight details. This made for a very expensive call from a UK mobile and didn't give us alot of confidence that someone would be there to pick us up at the other end!

Thankfully, a driver from the hotel was there to pick us up which was a relief. However, this relief soon turned into irritation as for the entire 45 minute drive he repeatedly tried to get us to hire him for trips around the island, etc, quoting extortionate fees for various activities/trips. We told him that we were staying only one night on Lombok and we had already made all of our plans and were not going to change them but he continued to harrass us the whole time asking us to 'make some time for him'. Upon finding out our plans to go to the Gilis he quoted us a price 3x the cost of a normal taxi to take us there. My advice in Indonesia is that, where possible, get Ubers! In the end I simply stopped responding to him and he continued bothering my husband. On arriving at the hotel he then dumped our two 20kg bags on the curb outside the hotel and stayed talking to one of the vallets outside. We carried them in ourselves and checked in. Once we had received our key and were heading for the lifts he reappeared saying he would show us to our room which was entirely unnecessary since we were in the lift and carrying our own bags. On exiting the lift he said perhaps he could take my bag? But as we were 2m from the door to our room I declined as there was really little point. He then had the bare faced cheek to hand us a peice of paper with his contact details on for when we 'made time for him' and then even asked us to write nice things about him on the hotel's comment card!

As we arrived late and so decided to eat in the hotel restaurant for ease. My husband ordered a pizza, which turned out to be a frozen pizza which had been badly cooked in the oven and was bland and floppy. Not what would be expected from such a large hotel. Breakfast was slightly better however and there was a lot of choice. The room was nice which is why I gave 2 stars rather than 1.

Unfortunately, the whole experience was marred by this one staff member and his incessant attempts to extort money from us. The hotel should have a strict policy with its staff members to prevent them from harrassing guests in this way as it reflects badly on the entire establishment. We would not stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2018

24-25/8 3 rooms

2. Via Hotel.com
25-26/8 2 rooms
Id 148377982591

Pls double check my booking coz my guide went yesterday n yr reception said only 1 room is booked on 25-26/8 instead of 2 rooms.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank missnora
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

We spent 2 nights at Golden Palace. My kids loved the room, big enough for them. This hotel have a rooftop restaurant, great place to see the sunset in Mataram city. Nothing special about the food and the pool (too small and no view).
You can find much better hotel (for the same price) to get better pool, food & view. But if you just want to get a comfy place to sleep in, this hotel is one of the best choice you can have right in the middle of Mataram.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2018

I think this is one of the best hotel in mataram (instead of saying the best). Almost nothing to complain: service, room, cleanliness, amenities, etc. Maybe the lack of this hotel is their coffee isn't good enough for my taste (they serve ordinary coffee and lombok coffee at the corner as special drink), but this is subjective opinion, not subjective. Therefore, i recommend this hotel to everybody, especially family trip.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for meeting...It has a lot of meeting room from size for 20 people to 300 people.....the roof top very cozy-open till 1 am in the morning....room spacious and clean and comfort....really nice for business trip....

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Golden P, Manajer at Golden Palace Hotel Lombok, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear Mrs Airynsh,

warmest greeting from Golden Palace Hotel Lombok..

we were delighted to be your chosen hotel during your stayed in Lombok. It has been our pleasure to served you. We feel grateful for all your comments regarding our service and property.
We are looking forward to have another opportunity to welcome your next event, and our entire team will provide best service. Thank you for staying with us.