Ankermi / Happy Dive Resort
Laprima Hotel(Labuan Bajo)
US$86
US$76
Travelocity
Sunset Hill Hotel(Labuan Bajo)(Great Value!)
US$45
US$406
US$351
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$427/night.

Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmuck divingmaumere baythe ownerthe cottagessnorkeling triplow tidenasi gorengmosquito netdive resortstayed here for nightsclaudiareefjettyindonesiaislandinternetincl
Reviewed 18 October 2017

I stayed at Ankermi in September 2017 and it was perfect for me.
I had hut number 5 which is the closest to the sea.
It's a quiet place and so I could really relax.
The food is great and staff really nice.
18 dives with Kermi, Trent and/or Florian were great fun.
Thank you very much for the great time I had there!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Kassi2013
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed for two nights and thought it was wonderful!
This place is wonderful and we can only recommend it - it is also extremely good value!

Kermi's resort is a hidden gem and you can't find anything nicer than this place in Flores!

The entire resort is very thoughtfully put together and the style and decoration is beautifully chosen. The little ponds with water lilies, the hammocks and the swing over the rocky shore made it our own perfect paradise.

We stayed in one of their budget rooms (170.000 single/210.000 double incl. a big and tasty breakfast). The only "downside" was that he compressor for the dive gear was close and it was running three hours every day. We didn't find it annoying in any way, as you are out at the beach bar or on a snorkeling trip while it runs anyways.
The rooms were equipped with a basic, but clean bed with mosquito net and a small table. The shared shower was clean with only cold water.

We went with the divers onto a snorkeling trip (200.000 incl. lunch, a very good price!) and Trent and Flo made sure we knew what to look for, even though the divers were their priority. The snorkeling at the two dive sides close to the islands in front of the resort was very good, some of the nicest corals we've seen all around Indonesia (and we've seen a lot). The dives seem to have been pretty cool too - they have a lot of knowledge on smaller and more obscure fish, there is even a book on the 'Ankermi's Critters' that can help identify what you've seen.

The only small downside is that the restaurant's staff/service don't seem to care much about their guest. If you talk to them they might not answer and just leave. There was no eye contact, no friendly answers, no smiles - and we tried desperatly to provoke the tiniest smile!
The orders are also served at random times and might come 1,5 hrs apart from each other. Expect to be left hungry waiting.
A bit disappointing!

However, we can only recommend this place. In comparison to some other budget options - try to get a room at Ankermi's! You will not regret it!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Reee E
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Ankermi has a superb tranquil ambiance. The cottages at the sea side have a beautiful view from their verandas. At the waterfront you have a swing, some relaxing chairs, and a jetty from which you can enter a small reef with OK coral.

The restaurant has tasteful dishes - some are really gourmet style. If you don't like garlic, ask for less/no garlic (otherwise your pumpkin soup taste like garlic soup).

A down-point, the staff. They seem not to be intrinsically motivated to serve, nor happy. Which is a pity for such a nice place. Nevertheless they are helpful and solve your problems.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. Overall it is a nice place to stay. I would sleep there again if I am in the area.

Pros
Nice beds, simple but sufficient, clean and mostly friendly staff.
Nasi goreng was really nice. Rest of the food was ok.
Overall nice style relaxed atmosphere and good diving I suppose.

Cons
A bit pricey for what you get. I was hoping for internet as we needed to book tickets etc, that's why we chose this place over the other copy paste huts/hotels along this part of the coast.
No internet here, partially confused staff and just strange encounters. You really need to write down what you want what you need etc. Otherwise nothing will be done (pickups, collecting baggage, lunch on the boat).

Having said that and if you are here for stunning reefs there are still some nice dive spots. If I would compare it to komodo though... Komodo wins. Fishermen, snorkel tours you name it ... Just no one gives a *** about their reefs. They anker where they please and will run down the leftovers of their reefs in the next year's. The reefs I saw were nice on first sight but after a second look you see that the once great hard coral framework is dead, overgrown by leather corals and replaced with other soft coral types. It must have been a pristine and wonderful reef 10-15 years ago.

Other hotels:
There are other cheaper options along the coast similar to the ankermi hut style. Sunset cottages, Lena's house 1 and 2 or if you like it very basic warang cottages for 100.000 IDR per night. The latter I stayed one night and even though it was basic I didn't miss much.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hagen G
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

While been here at Ankermi I know that Islands dive are finished by 12.30pm and you asked to be finished by 1pm so why write a complaint?
I was there and first thing I heard you say was my friend is a dive instructor, firstly that comes across rude and instantly says we know everything about diving so we dont need help or tips on diving because we know everything.
You write a bad review but never say anything good like the equipment was in good condition or the dive sights were nice.
You also said no one cares and only talks to you when we have to, that same night Kermi welcome everyone at the bar to drink, eat and talk with each other but I did not see you there because you were in your room and didn't want to join.
Sometimes people forget Flores is a remote island in indonesia and where its hard to own a tourism business but from what I have experienced they do a great job. If you dont like the way things are run in Indonesia then maybe Hawai'i is a place for you.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends