“OK Hotel, Booked through Airy”
Review of Wisma Sederhana

Wisma Sederhana
Ranked #7 of 58 Medan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 August 2017

I booked the room via Airy Rooms. It was a little more expensive than other rates. but the room was squeaky clean, they provide extra pillow. MIneral water and some snacks. The toilet however was not so good. Can be improved.
The location was very strategic at is is located at Jalan Selat Panjang which is like a chinese food market that comes alive at night. It is also nearby other major attractions in Medan.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 13 July 2017

We stayed at this hotel for a night on either side of our trip to lake toba. Based on our first night this hotel would have got one star, we were in a very small, windowless room which was poorly lit and dirty. Mould covered the bathroom and there were insects crawling around the sink. We are no novice to budget hotels in Asia and don't mind the odd cockroach or ant, but this was clearly because of the state of the room.

When we checked in there was no one who could speak a word of English, so we were left standing while they got a girl who had some English to check us in. Luckily she was also here when we checked in the second time, if she's not around then other people don't even attempt to communicate with you.

We were told breakfast was 7:00-9:00am so the next morning we packed and headed down at 8:30am, there were no noddles left (the only food available), we informed the man in the dining area, who gestured that they would cook some more. After 30 minutes we asked reception who said "yes, yes noodles" - I assumed this meant they were on the way. After another 15 minutes, we asked again, the receptionist spoke to the serving man, who shook his head and they both chatted in Indonesian while we were left standing around like lemons.

The second time we checked in, the room was slightly nicer, although stunk of smoke. The hot water still didn't work and the bathroom was so dirty. We are used to staying in hostels and budget accommodation and weren't expecting luxury, but even for the cheap price it's not value for money. This is one of the filthiest hotels I have ever stayed in with staff that are quite rude. The one plus is that they offer airport transfer for 150k, we would have been happy to have paid much that this just to get out of there. Would definitely not recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Avoid non smoking rooms on ground floor
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

You get what you paid for. Very good location, walking distance to famous kwetiau ateng(must try). Breakfast is simple, but honestly the fried rice taste good. I see few room cleaners keep nusy cleaning this and that room. I give score 7 for cleanliness. Advisable to book via airyrooms.com find airy name "airy selat panjang". Price is lower than the displayed in receptionist & you get free snacks from airyrooms & toothbrush shampoo soap. ~you can only get this privilege when you do booking via airyrooms.com~

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

I will definitely come here again!!!

Comfortable yet affordable hotel in the city centre.

I stayed here for 3 nights in the Royal room. The room is clean and spacious. Clean mattress and pillow (it smell nice). As a Muslim, I need some clean and enough space for me to perform my daily prayer. The room provided me the space and such cleanliness.

The hot shower is also good. I have no problem taking my shower in the early morning.

They also give you free breakfast. Yet there are not much option during breakfast, so I decide to take breakfast somewhere else.

The room service is also great. The food taste nice, with affordable price.

Lastly, you should know that the hotel provide FREE shuttle service to and from Stasiun Medan. Great right? As I enjoy riding GoJek in Medan, but free service is never been better right?

I only wish, if the hotel can provide a mini bar (small fridge) in the room so I can store my Yakult, yogurt and mineral water.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Emi B
Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

This hotes is located around shopping complex, behind swissbel inn. It makes traffic jam when office hour. At night, the street front of hotel is like mini china town with mostly non halal food.

I booked royal room. Large room with new renovation, large tv, and quite clean water. There is no window. Light breakfast with bread, chicken soup, and scrambled egg.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo