“A Treat”

Ranked #6 of 73 Hotels in Medan
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“A Treat”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We have booked 4 rooms for a night stay on 6 Feb 2012. It was such a treat after two nights stay harsh staying condition at Parapat and Berastagi. The hotel is centrally located, and staff are most attentive. We love the deco, the pool and the wide offerings at breakfast.
My 11 year old daughter actually commented that her favorite part throughout our 4D3N Medan-Parapat- Lake Toba, Berastagi tour is this hotel!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lifesacupcake

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Vientiane, Laos
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I recently started a new job in Sumatra and the company put me up at the Aryaduta. I had no pre-conceived expectations but to be honest, I wasn't expecting much. I was very pleasantly surprised however, when the shuttle car dropped me off outside a clean and well maintained foyer area and I was met by extremely polite and friendly staff. I tought it a little odd that reception is on the 9th floor but the porter explained that the accommodation comprises three floors atop a shopping centre.

The girls at reception were pleasant, polite and efficient and the room was more than adequate for my one night stopover. The bed and pillows were comfortable, the bathroom clean and the cable TV had a good selection of English language channels.

The restaurant was clean, well presented and efficiently staffed. The breakfast buffet was quite adequate to suit both Asian and Western palates.

The only negatives I can make is that there was nowhere convenient to place my suitcase without it being in the way and there seemed to be a problem with the aircon control - I had a cold at the time and didn't want it too chilly but the control seemed to keep "defaulting" back to 18 degrees (this could just be my misunderstanding of how to set it).

I will be happy to stay there again when I next pass through Medan.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank James V
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I choosed this hotel is just because the location near the movie, so I can go for midnite movie without worrying anything. For other things, I better choose the other hotels in same stars.
- No wifi in room, they just provide wifi in lobby and restaurant. So I must use cable for online in room.
- The staffs not fully care, my room was not made up for few days, every time I came back from my work or hangout, the room was just like before I left. And I have to call room services for many times.
- I must call the room service to picked up my laundry almost everyday.
- The TV programs is not complete. Very sad I couldnt watch Star World during my stay there.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Hotel looks well maintained, new and unlike Hotel Angkasa (where we had dinner) which looked very gaudily decorated and old. Swimming pool and shuttle service to the airport also available.

Rooms were fully carpeted, bright and blankets were warm, providing a good night's rest to recharge. Bottled water was provided and newspapers are complimentarily placed outside your door upon request. Television had cable network and free wifi available throughout the hotel. Room also had a safe and thermostat.

One downside is that our room's telephone was not working and though the reception had called for the maintenance worker to fix, he didn't arrive. As we're a party of three, after having checked in, the rollout bed was not yet prepared. However, this was promptly done as we were dining at Hotel Angkasa.

International cuisine for breakfast, though food was okay and not fantastic. Hotel is located beside a shopping mall (nothing comparable to those in Singapore) with a hypermarket and a departmental store. Within 500m is Merdeka Walk, a food street, which didn't appeal much to us.

Nonetheless, a comfortable and clean shelter for the night.

• Stayed December 2011
Jakarta
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Room is spacious, but they could have maintained it better. Bedroom and bathroom were clean, but it could benefit from a bit of refurbishment. My room was dilapidated and carpet looked dirty (which might not be the case).

The hotel used to serve freshly brewed coffee from the coffee machine, but not anymore. So, I ended up with stale and weak coffee. Breakfast was average and the cafe was understaffed. There were only about three people serving the whole area, and it was quite busy at that time.

However, I've never stayed at another hotels in Medan, so I could not really compare it with others.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business