All reviewspedestrian bridgeshopping mallstrategic locationcorner roombiggest mallsmall gymsuperb locationdefinitely stay here againhelpful staffsmini fridgeshort visitthe heart of the citysoto ayamcomfortable roomeasy accessspecial thanksegg station
Reviewed 3 July 2018

Located just across from the Tunjungan malls, this hotel is conveniently placed in Surabaya city centre. I could sense that the hotel staff took great pride in the hotel and their work - from the front desk to the waiter staff. Every member of the staff I encountered, be it for a specific purpose or met by coincidence in the lift for example, was courteous and helpful. I was there during the Ramadan month, and the staff took pains to explain the no-alcohol policy for that period. And by the way, the breakfast spread was simply large and splendid. My only regret that I could not stay longer, but I will sure return to this hotel the next time. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Jeffry F, General Manager at Swiss-Belinn Tunjungan, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear Jack_CCC

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Swiss-BelInn Tunjungan with us.

One of our key priorities is to provide the highest level of friendly and courteous service. While it was a pleasure having you here as our guest, your feedback regarding the hotel features and products has been noted and We hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Surabaya.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Made a last minute booking for short 3 night stay.

Location
The hotel is located in front of Tunjungan Mall.
Speaking about the location; it is pretty much centrally located with various mall nearby (Surabaya Plaza, City Mall, Tunjungan) and museum attractions (mostly walking distance from 5 minutes to 20 minutes walk).
Moving around is made easy with Grab.

The Hotel
Hotel lobby and coffee house is pretty small.
At times these avenue seems to be packed.
Check in was okay but i have to wait around 30 minutes for my room to be ready.

The Room
Got the room on 10th floor.
Pretty decent layout.
Everything seems to be in order.
Decent WIFI internet speed and TV channel is OK too.

Hiccups
The only hiccup that i faced was they took long time to tidy up the room.
Eventually have to call them as i was back in the room around 2PM yet they haven't clean the room.
Early morning water pressure and shower temperature is a bit funny.

Coffee House
Morning breakfast spread was OK consider for the price paid.

Overall had a decent stay.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Jeffry F, General Manager at Swiss-Belinn Tunjungan, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Shafiq Ghazie

Thank you for choosing our hospitality for your recent stay in Swiss-BelInn Tunjungan and for reviewing your experience.
We have taken note of your feedback which you felt fell short of your expectations; please be assured that your thoughts have been shared with the concerned department heads who will see to it that improvements be made as necessary.
I do hope that you will not allow this one isolated episode completely mar your perception of Swiss-BelInn Tunjungan and we look forward to welcoming you back to Swiss-BelInn Tunjungan in the near future.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

In General : No Value for Money !!!

1. NO HOSPITALITY
The parking guy insisted to park my car outside the hotel premises.
It was even my Day 1 stay there! Hello, excuse me??
But I am a guest here booking 2 (two) rooms for my family...!!

I insisted back to re-turn into the hotel area and another guy gave me a special parking lot very near aside the main entrance. Very comfortable.
I told the guy to prioritize the guest rather than the visitor to park within the hotel premises and he politely understood.

2. SAFETY ISSUE
The Hotel is not having a serious contingency plan when they had electricity shut down from the govt.
It took more than 10 minutes to turn on the generator properly. I have never been in this situation in my previous hotel stay experiences domestic and abroad, from 3 starred to 5 starred.

Q: What if somebody is stuck in the lift and had no assistance ???

3. NON READINESS
Some facilities seemed to be not ready to serve. Yes correct that it is peak season, but a good hotel must be ready and simulate for any situation possible.
a. Fitness Centre.
No towels are ready at all. Even when I have been asking for it and waiting for more than 15 minutes.
b. Swimming pool.
Same towel issue. 30 minutes and nothing.
c. Housekeeping.
Same towel issue again !!
I have asked the housekeeping to send me 2 bath towels to give me at poolside as I got no towels from the swimming pool. Nobody gave me until I have came back to my room after 20 minutes in the room. What the ????

Lucky for this hotel that I decided not to ask the Manager in Duty to meet me.

4. STANDARD BUFFET
Breakfast was not one of my favourite. Reason being not much menu to choose and bot interesting at all.

End of review.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Jeffry F, General Manager at Swiss-Belinn Tunjungan, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Bapak Rachmadi P,

I am writing to thank you for taking the time to give feedback about your recent experience at Swiss-BelInn Tunjungan.
Your observations are extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve each and every guest stay. I would like to thank you for your detailed feedback and please know that in our continued efforts and commitment to provide the best experience for our guests, in particular concerning the Hospitality, Safety Issues and the Pool & Gym experience.

I would also like to thank you for sharing us your thoughts and experience about our breakfast offerings. It is regrettable to read that we failed to meet your expectation on this particular occasion and please know that your comments has been personally shared with our Executive Chef who is continuously working to ensure that a vast assortment of delectable dishes are offered in each dining experience. The necessary re-training will also be conducted to ensure that we upkeep with the quality and standards that our guests expect from us.
Once again, thank you so much for your feedback and we look forward to the opportunity of being of service to you again in the future to reinstate ourselves in your good faith and show that we are worthy of your kind patronage.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Every year i travel to Surabaya at least 3 times for business. This is my 1st visit to Swiss-Belinn hotel. I stay there from 21st May till 1st Jun where i found the hotel very nice place to stay. All the staff in this hotel very nice and friendly. Earlier i plan to move to my favorite hotel Java Paragon from 2nd till 10th July but decided to stay in Swiss- Belinn coz of good service. I like to thanks Ms. Silvah fm F&B for making me to extend my stay in this hotel and will come back again. I also like to thanks everyone in this hotel well done.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Raja K
Jeffry F, General Manager at Swiss-Belinn Tunjungan, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear Raja K,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback following your recent stay. I was delighted to read your compliments to our accommodation, convenient location and overall services. I will convey your appreciation to Silviah. We appreciate your support and look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

1st visit to surabaya with wife. Managed to visit many mosque. TP is just across the road. Impressive plaza, beautiful mosque and pleasent hotel. Staff very friendly and helpful...from the front desk to hostress, and the housekeeping. Excellent and good job. But i can only strongly remember staff name Mayang coz it rhyme with my wife's name.
Thank you sbt. Will definately plan another visit.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Jeffry F, General Manager at Swiss-Belinn Tunjungan, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear surahmatsunar,

Please allow me to extend my gratitude to yourself for taking the time to share your exceptional experience with fellow travelers on TripAdvisor.
Your kind words mean the world to us, and we are all happy to hear your every aspect of your stay from staff (Mayang), accommodation to services went beyond your expectations!
Thank you for relying on our hospitality, we are looking forward to welcoming you in not so distant future.

Best Wishes,