All reviews business suite shopping mall world trade rujak cingur small mall hand shower grand city living room under renovation bottled water train station rain shower large room submarine museum swimming pool walking distance nice place to stay
Reviewed 14 October 2017

This is the second time I stay here. Used to stay here looong time ago. Value for money, I have got a huge business suite room for a descent rate. Centrally located, easy to find online transport. Close to my regular places. Did not have the opportunity to swim in the large pool..Breakfast was so so, simple choices.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Dave K
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

When my husband booked this hotel, I was horrified as from what I knew it was a haunted hotel. I was trying to make excuses to pursuade my husband to change the hotel booking.

Upon arriving to the lobby of the hotel, it is a bright and modern set up hotel, not gloomy as I thought. I felt relieved but still suspicious to see how the room looked like. Indeed, it is a spacious, pretty clean and nice room although the rugged is a bit worn out. The bed is a king size and can fit for sleeping with 2 adults and 1 kid. The view from my room is a deserted building so a bit of spooky view. I spent two nights seeing no ghosts and no disturbing voices like what I read.

TV channel is also varied. Bathroom is also spacious although it only has rain shower, and no hand shower.

The hotel is just a walking distance through the back door to a small mall called Delta Plaza. Not much you can buy in Delta Plaza but you can find Surabaya cuisine from 2 good restaurants there that serve Tahu Campur, Lontong Mie, Rujak Cingur and Rujak Tolet. WTC a new electronic mall is also just across the hotel. Not far from there but not a walking distance is a long welknown local ice cream cafe, Zangrandi.

Fitness and swimming pool are belong to the hotel but located at the other building in the same compound. Fitness center is quite big but the machines are pretty old. Swimming pool is a long, approximately 25m.

All in all, it is a value for money. Will surely come back here for the price and size of the hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YardleyYoung
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Chose this hotel because of its proximity to Grand City Convention Center. Booked the Business suite and was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room.

The Suite has a study (instead of a living room), a bathroom and the main bedroom.

I really like the large king sized bed (large enough to fit 3 adults comfortably) which came with 4 pillows. My room's window view is of INSIDE the hotel, but I was on the 6th floor so I don't have any noise complaints.

The bathroom was rather large although I didn't like the fact that they used rain shower but did not provide a flexible hand shower. They only gave one floormat for the bathroom although it was really spacious. They also had a hand towel hook/rack but they did not provide the hand towel.

Upon check in, I also found the room to have no toilet paper and bottled water but housekeeping was quick to provide.

There was an empty bar fridge in the room but like most hotel's bar fridges, it wasn't cold at all even after leaving my beverage inside overnight.

Breakfast was a disappointment as the options were limited and cold; several of the traditional Indonesian snacks tasted sour and spoilt.

They provided free outdoor parking.

TL;DR Room is great with minor problems, breakfast was horrible.

Room Tip: Request for outside view
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Worn out carpeting, creaky bath counter, room amenities are lacking (toilet roll is one-third only and they did not replace until the next day despite request). But I guess they are doing good business because breakfast was PACKED. Its like a game of musical chair that somebody grabs your seat once you go back for refill and you have to wait again for somebody to finish.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Take a holiday with my big family in Surabaya, this is one of our families favorites hotel. The price always affordable for us, our business room is spacious with guests room, Clean and comfortable. Breakfast is delicious with various choices of food. Recommend this hotel to everyone.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family