1,009 results
All reviews rawon setan the executive lounge tunjungan plaza shuttle bus business trip japanese restaurant rooms are large excellent hotel corner room breakfast buffet an upgrade late check duty manager five star hotel local food swimming pool shopping mall
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Actually when I post this review its already the third or fourth time I stayed in this hotel. The booking process is so simple yet satisfying, with just a call to the hotel or a click from the marriot rewards app you could easily book any room available. The check in process is also great and fast,welcome drinks and towels for weary travellers
The room is spacious,cozy enough for small kids,there’s a bathtub and a shower so a family wouldn’t have to take turns taking a bath.
The hotel facilities are the ones you get staying in a 5-star hotels.
The breakfast was very variable, there’s chinese food, local food, western food, and many desserts.
For me the downside is the bed is too fluffy to my taste,maybe the management could upgrade some of the rooms with orthopaedic beds for guests who like the bed rather hard
All in all it still a great hotel to stay

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2018

I stayed here just for one night, and as usual, everything was so fine for me. The staff in the front desk, lounge, and the other was always courteous and ice too. Love the cocktail time in the lounge, good food and beverages there. I found also the room was keep in sharp. Good job Marriott.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2018

I stayed there for a few days during my business trip. Location is in the center and travel to other location was easy considering traffic in Surabaya. Breakfast was good for Indonesian but for foreign guests if you are not a big fans of curry then your breakfast is quit limited.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
JWMarriottSurabaya, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Surabaya, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear kingkaew p,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay.

Our location at the heart of the city is definitely one of our advantages as we have easy access to the main office buildings. As we always strive to improve ourselves, we have noted on your feedback for our further improvement.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel.

Warm regards,
Colin Young

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

When you are entering into a 5 star hotel definitely the expectations goes sky high. But, i was a little disappointed with their service. They didn't provided me luggage carrying service while I was carrying 3 medium sized bags. They couldn't even manage an air ticket saying that they don't know anyone. Although, no doubt, the rooms were neat and clean, and cozy.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2018

We went for this hotel because of the price and where it is in the city; within easy walking distance of TP, the largest mall in Surabaya. We had visited the hotel many years ago a few times and swum in the pool. We went for this hotel rather than the Sheraton because the room size is bigger, and it was mentioned that the rooms are sound proof. The furnishings are not brand new but well-maintained although it did make the room look slightly dirty in places. The bed was wonderful, as were the pillows and the couch/sofa. We also enjoyed the water pressure and could quickly run a bath. I don't think we got the exact room we ordered as they didn't have the room ready when I arrived and I did not want to wait an hour. I had ordered a room away from noise, secluded and ours was not and in fact, noise from other rooms and nearby was quite loud and annoying. Not only that but there was a very noisy wedding down on the 4th floor in the pool area which was difficult as we had deliberately chosen the room because it was to be quiet (as our own house and neighbourhood is not). The breakfast is not included in the price and is very pricey so even though we know it is very good, we chose to bring breakfast with us. We did eat in the lobby the first night (we would have preferred the restaurant but were 15 minutes early). Our main difficulty there was the smoke from cigarettes and we were as far from those smoking as possible but our clothes still wreaked of smoke. The food we ate wasn't anything special and certainly not up to an International standard. Overall though, we did enjoy our stay and the big room and the swimming pool which was not overly powered by the smell of chlorine.

Room Tip: Ask for a secluded room.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple