1,009 results
All reviews rawon setan the executive lounge tunjungan plaza shuttle bus business trip japanese restaurant rooms are large excellent hotel corner room breakfast buffet an upgrade late check duty manager five star hotel local food swimming pool shopping mall
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel is nice and affordable for 5 star htl. I booked directly via web. Room is good, the service is very good, the staff mostly friendly and the best is the location.
We ate Rawon Setan, just in front of the hotel, good too
Good Job Marriott Surabaya, I will stay again there in August with my family

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank LilyRose888
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel locate in the heart of the city. Just few minutes walk to reach Tunjungan Plaza, one of iconic mall in Surabaya. Infront of the hotel, you'll find the legendary food of this city, Rawon Setan.

First time check in, the staffs was so friendly. After reached the room, well, beyond my expectation, it's completely amazing. All we need while staying in this hotel are provided well. But, I expect welcome fruit that I didn't find it in the room.

Morning breakfast was the moment I love. They serve various foods all around globe, local & international. An excellent taste for the food, but there's minor "that not should be happen", the beef blackpepper menu is too salty yet the taste of blackpepper tasteless. But other foods, outstanding.

So, wheter you go to Surabaya for pleasure, bussiness or other purpose, make sure you pampers yourself (and your family) by staying in JW Marriott Surabaya. Come and rate by yourself.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank 362bastians
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed for 4 nights as I was attending an event “HIMPU” held at the same hotel. The overall experience was excellent. Very nice and clean rooms. A very large and elegant shopping mall is on walking distance. Amusing lobby lounge where you can enjoy some good coffee with live music as well. A bit far from airport. The higher floor rooms have a beautiful view. Express laundry service was much appreciated. The event was very well organized and helpful staff.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Akif R
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We booked this hotel just for a weekend with the idea that we might spend most of our time in the largest mall in town since it is very near. It's location is excellent, right at the heart of Surabaya. Many culinary attractions are within walking distance. However, we decided not to go anywhere but just spending our time enjoying the services offer by this property. I spent almost the whole afternoon swimming with my daughter.

In the evening, we would like to try Vis a Vis Restaurant, but unfortunately it was fully booked. So, we decided to try the newly refurbished buffet restaurant, The Pavilion. The food served looks very good, fresh and high quality seafood and salads are feast for the eyes. However, there is some limitations in menu diversities. I could not find my favorite sashimi and sushi. And the reason is just to prevent people running away from Imari, the Japanese restaurant within this property. During dinner, we were assisted by Mr. Mukti whom tremendously helpful and knowledgeable. He made us feel like we were royals. He even took extra mile by offering us grilled prawn completed with sambal matah and sweet soy sauce from cold served prawn. I took a bottle of Shiraz to complete the dinner. Truly, that was a dinner to remember. And we never regret that we did not go to the mall at all.

Room Tip: Connecting rooms are available for family
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Zacharias S
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

This is a nice hotel to stay. Location of hotel is really good. There is some shopping malls near to the hotel where you can enjoy shopping. Hotel staff is really impressive. You can find variety of foods in hotel. Overall highly recommended place to stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business