1,023 results
All reviews rawon setan the executive lounge tunjungan plaza shuttle bus business trip japanese restaurant rooms are large lobby bar excellent hotel corner room shuttle service complete amenities an upgrade breakfast buffet duty manager late check local food
Reviewed 18 April 2018

I stayed here for 4 nights in mid-April. This was my 4th stay at this hotel, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The facilities are first class; the staff are friendly and go out of their way to be helpful; the buffet breakfast is excellent (even better than last year, after a major extension and redesign of the breakfast area and an enhanced range of food options); the executive lounge is an oasis for reading, writing or chatting while enjoying evening drinks and food; the swimming pool is large and has many padded deck chairs in shaded and open areas next to it; there is a good ambience to the hotel.

Another thing I appreciated was that the steam iron in the room is very good. This is unusual even in 5 star hotels.

I look forward to staying here again.

Room tip: high floor
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

I Was there recently for business for a week. Not only the strategic location but also So happy with the service, spacy room, the breakfast , gym facility and sauna. It's so good. But unfortunately not really suitable for a tall guests. Really enjoy my stay at JW Marriott.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank elsanovp
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Spacious & clean room, spacious working desk, easy to control console for light's room including USB socket, clean bathroom. A very nice resto at Pavilion for breakfast, a very good cappucino. A very nice swimming pool.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank danielli27
Reviewed 9 April 2018

We booked to stay here for three nights, but I could eventually join on the second night after playing tennis at Sheraton. The hotel was improved here and there, definitely the most modern in the city! Modern as their technology, I personally can say, "life at my fingertips"! Clickers aka remote control. Since we're both spiritualists and visionaries, we could sense the humongous amount of positive energy vibrated by the staff there. They were very hands on, respectful, communicative, suave, sincere, and excited in delivering the service! We felt like a king and a queen for days. I personally hope that high vibration as well as positive energy, and well-cooperated manners are also occurred in all departments related, not just the front of the house. Remember, there are two types of customers: the internal (colleagues) and the external ones (the guests).

The breakfast was also immaculate! The clear up service was excellent! That Gado, Gado Pizza? I'd rather to add much more peanut sauce to elevate the creamy and thick texture. Anyway, it's just my preference.

Big THANKS to: the beautiful short-haired-ladies at the breakfast buffet, the chef for making my egg Benedict (it was great! However, I was so full, so I could not finish it. I'm terribly sorry, chef), the cute twin brothers at the front gate and the other guy introduced me to them during my departure in the morning after breakfast, the big tall guy at the concierge (who initiated to take our photos at the lobby without we even asked for it), THANK YOU, EVERYONE! WELL DONE!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank ADTodani
Reviewed 5 April 2018

On 28 March my boss was staying at JW Marriott Surabaya. Due to last minute meeting he had to flew to Surabaya on that day. While he attended the meeting, he's realize that he must stay at Surabaya because the meeting is not finish yet till late evening. At very last minute then he asked to book a room at JW Marriott. Unfortunately that time he did not bring any extra cloth and no time to go to buy it because of the meeting will be finish very late at the evening.

He then asked me to help him to arrange some clothes for him. I immediately called the hotel around 20:38 (Bali time) and to connect it with Concierge, because I knew very well Marriott team could help me. Ina is the one who handled my request. I told her the story and immediately without hesitate she said "we can do". I told her about the detail what to buy for my boss, then within 2 hours Ina & her colleague Arthur bought the items at Tunjungan Plaza and sent it to the room straightaway.

By the time my boss arrived at his room he found out the clothes already in his room. FIRST CLASS to Dewi Ngainah Damayanti and Vincentius Arthur for EXCELLENT service! Keep it up the great work and attitude can do! Thank you for JW Marriott Surabaya Team and well done to Pak Wayan Raksa who trained them very well.

Date of stay: March 2018