All reviews horizon club jamoo restaurant horizon floor fantastic hotel swimming pool luxurious hotel ciputra world room service ciputra mall breakfast buffet is business trip many choices spacious room nishimura facilities renovation gym
Reviewed 12 July 2018

I was stayed for 2 nights , and booked at Horizon club room.
Because I am Golden Circle member, I can redeem one night free .
Good hotel, big room, clean,
The staffs are very welcome and hospitality.
The breakfast have a nice food, with a lot of choice, and delicious.
Nice to stay here.

Room Tip: Choose the high floor to enjoy city view
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
SURGM, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Surabaya, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear 94Nany,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience at Shangri-La Hotel Surabaya.

In Shangri-La, we make it our mission to delight each of our guests by creating an experience like nowhere else. Therefore, I am pleased to know that you had enjoyed your stay.

I will share your positive feedback to the team who I know will be thrilled.
Hope to see you again before too long.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I’m having a company workshop here. Very friendly and nice receptionist. Room is clean and big enough for 3 nights stays. For breakfasts, Food wise above average just lack of choices if compare with another Shang in Indonesia (Jakarta). As for hospitality, there is a room to improve, as during the break time for my workshop, water on the table is not refilled. Overall stay is good.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Dear Jackoism,

First of all, thank you very much for taking time to share your experience with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

The details you have mentioned are indeed important to us, please rest assured, I will review with the Banquet and Events Team.

Once again thank you very much for the time spent to write this review.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Our firm had its partners meeting here and it was very comfortable and cost effective. The Horizon rooms get use of Meeting rooms which were well appointed and serviced. Restaurants were High Standards but seemed to be subject to intimidation in not selling alkohol during rhamadan. Fortunately Indonesia is not a sharia law domain and large corporate hotels like shanggrilah should resist the drive for Imposting islam on all of us. They should at least tell guests at the time of booking.

1  Thank KetutSeminyak
SURGM, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Surabaya, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear KetutSeminyak,

Thank you very much for your kind words, I am glad you enjoyed your stay in our Horizon rooms.

I am sorry that we were not clear about drinks service during Ramadhan. Nevertheless, I do hope that you will have the opportunity to return to Surabaya and enjoy a cocktail in our Lobby Lounge before too long.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Several times I go here always attending an event or invitation and I always go inside by ballroom door. But today the ballroom door is close and I try to find where main lobby is. Then the main lobby is far away from parking area. Lol. You need more energy to go inside. Today also my first time to sit in long time for a meeting in this lobby. The interior so wondeful, etnhic, and make me feel home. Its like my grandma's house, big, lux, and warm. The staff also hello to me, give me welcome drink and very impolite. I hope someday I got a chance to explore the room and spend one night here. See you again shangrila. You awesome!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
SURGM, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Surabaya, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear Yovita W,

In Shangri-La, we make it our mission to delight each of our valued Guest by creating an experience like nowhere else.
I will share your positive feedback to the team, who I know will be. Hopefully, there will be more time to experience Shangri-La’s hospitality on your next visit.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

I was here for business just for a couple of days so can’t say I used all the facilities but was very impressed with what I saw.

Can’t speak about the location as this was my first time in Surabaya.

This is an enormous hotel and very luxurious.

The room was huge, clean and spacious. No stupid lighting and temperature controls that you can’t work out (the ones that are like an IQ test), which is always a bonus.

Temperature control was fine, and the room was very quiet. My view was on the city.

The bed was enormous and very comfortable.

The bathroom was spacious and very nicely finished. The shower was a walk-in, as I’d expect in a hotel of this standard, which is always so much better than one over the bath. Good pressure and temperature.

The bathroom didn’t have those stupid little pedal bins that fall over when you step on the pedal, a real bug-bear of mine.

Wi-fi was fast, free and worked everywhere.

I didn’t have time for breakfast due to an early flight, and didn’t use any of the restaurants or other facilities so can’t comment.

Staff were very friendly and keen to help.

All in all, highly recommended.

2  Thank Gobbledyspook
SURGM, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Surabaya, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Dear Gobbledyspook,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share this review.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your recent stay here at Shangri-La Hotel Surabaya.

I will share the positive feedback with the respective departments. Once again, thank you for spending time at our Hotel. Looking forward to welcoming you again, hopefully, there will be more time to experience Shangri-La’s culinary journey on your next stay.

Thank you once again.