See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 May 2017

I flew solo to Surabaya for family matter and paid a short visit. I found this hotel by googling in the internet and booked a room for one night with a reasonable price. I chose this hotel considering the location of this boutique hotel which is strategic and near from shopping centers, food courts and railway station.
However, the toilet needs more cleaning services and increase the water flow in the shower. Overall , the facilities and services are pretty good in terms of the price offered.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the pool are preferable.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

The wifi is bad. Must ask the operator for username and password. And it's have limited time to access internet.

The room is good and comfortable but the cleaness should be more clean, especially the bathroom. First i entered the bathroom, it's smell unpleasant. And there are krusty on several item.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2017

We have stayed in this hotel a few times. The reason we picked this hotel whenever we visited Surabaya was because it’s across the street from where my mother lives. But after our last stay in September this year, I don’t think we will ever come back. I don’t think this hotel is maintained very well. Every year I can see the condition is going downhill really fast.

I booked a superior room for myself and my 5yo daughter for the first 4 nights. We arrived close to 10pm, my daughter was very tired. But when we entered the room we saw the curtains were all ripped. So we had to wait for them to prepare another room. It wasn’t a good start.

Then I found out there was problem with wifi. I could never get a connection. Whenever I complained they always said, “We will check and try to fix it.” After 2 days of asking about this, the reception lady asked me if I would like to BUY a wifi voucher. “Buy?? Why do I have to buy? I booked a room with wifi connection.” Finally she gave me a voucher. I asked for 2 vouchers because one voucher is only for 12 hours, but she wasn’t willing. So everyday I had to ask for a voucher twice! The staffs were always polite, but it was very annoying how they always seemed to use a stalling tactic. As if they were hoping that you would finally give up and stop asking. I have noticed from previous reviews that people had complained about wifi connection. So they definitely know that the wifi doesn’t work. Otherwise, they wouldn’t try to sell wifi vouchers, would they?!

After 4 nights, we moved to a bigger room as my husband arrived to join us. I noticed that we were given a junior suite room instead of family suite as what I had booked through pegipegi. The “junior suite” sign on the wall was covered with a piece of paper. I was puzzled but didn’t question them about this as I knew the two rooms are very similar. The difference is: junior suite doesn’t have an additional single bed. And since they put a single bed in the room, I let this go.

In the evening we found out that the flooring in the shower was poorly constructed so the water couldn’t flow to the drain. The puddle was so deep even after hours the water was still there. After two nights, we couldn’t take this anymore and we asked to change rooms. The staff called Angga (or Anggar?) said, “I will send engineering to check and fix it.” This was the most ridiculous response I had ever heard, and I knew it was another stalling tactic, but I went upstairs and waited for someone to “fix” it anyway. When the guy told me that it couldn’t be fixed because it was a construction defect, I rang reception to demand a room change. We knew they had a better family suite because we had stayed in one previously. We still had one more night in our booking. But I told them that if they could give us a room change, we would extend another night (meaning we would stay two more nights), otherwise we would like to cancel the remaining booking. Any smart and sane person would take this offer. Instead, their answer: “We can’t give you the answer now. The housekeeping staffs aren’t here yet. We will let you know later.” It was 9.30am! And what sort of hotels does not have 24hr housekeeping? Another stalling tactic, of course!

After waiting for an hour we finally demanded to cancel our booking. They used excuses to stall again (e.g. they had to ring the pegipegi agency and the hotel owner, the owner was still on the way, etc). It was getting close to check out time and I demanded to know if it was ok to cancel. The reception lady misled me into thinking that it was ok to cancel and that I would get a refund of the remaining one night. Fortunately when we were packing, someone from pegipegi rang me to inform that cancellation was not possible. We were so angry and demanded to speak to the manager, Brian.

To make the story short, Brian finally gave us another room. When I confronted him about all their ridiculous stalling tactics and excuses, he apologized and was being very polite to us onwards. But honestly, it was a little too late. Despite being disappointed so many times, we gave them a chance to make it right, and even offered to extend our stay. Instead of straightening things right away, they stalled and lied. So we didn’t extend our stay, we enjoyed our last day night Surabaya staying at Hotel Majapahit.

Additional notes:
1. The towels and bath mats have all turned greyish. I was so disgusted, I had to borrow towels from my mother.
2. Some room fixtures are broken and they didn’t fix them (e.g. shampoo dispenser and towel rack have come off the wall, broken clothes line)
3. Water/juice dispenser in the restaurant downstairs keeps getting stuck and won’t dispense any water.
4. The Indonesian breakfast was not bad, IF you can get some at all. They always have enough quantity of fried rice/noodles. But they never have enough of accompanying dishes.
5. My husband ordered 2 soft-boiled eggs for breakfast. After waiting for 10 minutes, he asked a staff. She checked and said it would come shortly. After 5 minutes she said they had run out of eggs. We were the only people in the restaurant.
6. Every time you go out and come back, your key doesn’t work. You need to reset it at the reception desk all the time!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

the hotel is new building, near from bg junction mall, in front of hotel there so many foodcourt so you can buy food anytime until late night hehehehe... the room was so big, clean bathroom and comfort bed with a large size, there is a pool in the hotel, not to big but comfort to swim, i think i can escape from routine once again hahahahaha.... thank you prime royal botique

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2016

This hotel is located in the heart of Surabaya, but this hotel main road is always jammed, because near the market. This hotel only have a few parking lot. Lobby is GOOD, wifi here, one password for one gadget. Wifi IS TERRIBLE...Even in lobby, and get worse in the room. In the room there's no cellular network, so I was isolated in the room without internet access. THe room is great, but the bathroom is dirty with some smelly, shower is clogged, but the bed is not bad, even for double bed, it was arranged to be twin bed merged. Sofa is broken, and MOSQUITOES everywhere... Breakfast is the WORST... At 9 AM and there's nothing left except bread...AMAZING...
I WILL NEVER BACK HERE AGAIN...

Room Tip: Room with terrace or balcony to the pool is better
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo