Es Bang Doto
Ranked #154 of 377 Restaurants in Bogor
Reviewed 15 May 2015 via mobile

It was very hot and humid afternoon in Bogor. I just had my lunch... and my car passed this ice stall, quite famous in Bogor. You can have ice with different flavour and take it with bread or cone. Not bad but not special taste either. Unexpensive though!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

this kind of ice cream is made locally with durian tropical fruit. it is different with ice cream from factory or selling via supermarket

Reviewed 2 March 2013

I spent my childhood in Bogor, so I've known this place for quite a long time. And now, every time I came to Bogor, I always made time to buy Mang Doto's ice cream. What makes this ice cream is really nice is, unlike any other vendors, he always uses good quality bread to serve with the ice cream. Yes. Doto ice cream is well known for its traditional ice cream served in a slice of bread. Called traditional, because of the way of making the ice cream using traditional tools. In Bahasa Indonesia, we call it "es puter". Whether the chocolate flavor or durian flavor, Doto ice cream has always be my favorite. That's why maybe, although the ice cream is sold in a small stalls near the roadways, it has been one of the icon of Bogor.
Being one of the street food sellers, I'm not really sure about the food hygiene, but I've never had any stomach problem whenever I bought the ice cream. It's really worth trying, especially with relatively cheap price.

8  Thank RonnC
Reviewed 4 December 2012

famous since 1970's this bang Doto ice cream is made traditionally in a small hut (at least it is how he started). I know mas Doto, he's a very friendly man. I used to watch him making the ice-cream, with simple ingredients plus hard manual labor, making his ice cream a very famous one, taste very good too. I wonder how old he is now, or if he's still around...

3  Thank Hismanto
Reviewed 5 August 2011

They're in side of the road, when it's weekend, you can see Jakarta's People queue to get 1 cone of ice cream.

I think this ice cream has been in bogor for ages.
Now, the seller man is the third generation.
woww, no wonder if this small ice cream store is still crowded in weekend days!

the famous one is Durian Ice Cream, you better not to try it, because you'll feel like consume drugs :)

5  Thank balianz88