All reviews paris van java mall classic style walking distance pvj mall executive room zen family hotel interior free shuttle small swimming pool buffet spread nice stay checking out factory outlet nice hotel air conditioning breakfast menu location is great
Reviewed 31 March 2017

My friend and I enjoyed a 5-day tour of Bandung. However, our vacation was tainted by our stay in Park View Hotel. The rooms are rather small and although the hotel decor was pleasant, the hygiene of the place was questionable. We saw cockroaches at the bread station on our first day of breakfast thereafter throwing caution to all the dishes presented. We did not enjoy any breakfast there at all. Then, there were ants crawling along the headboard and beds in our room. After complaints, we succeeded in changing rooms but that didn't eliminate the itch in my hair for a few days. I hope the hotel management will take note and steps to ensure a better experience for future guests.

Room Tip: Definitely look out for pests.
Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank LINDA K
parkviewhotelbandung, Owner at Park View Hotel Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Dear Revbeck2,

Warmest Greeting from Park View Hotel Bandung,
Thank you for taking your valuable time to give a valued feedback to us.
We apologize for inconvenience experience during your stay in our Hotel and we believe with constructive feedback from our guest we can improve our services and should there anything at all we can do to make your future stay at the hotel more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know.
We will also note your feedback regarding our rooms and will have some review in our team to do better.
We look forward to the next opportunity of welcoming you back to Park View Hotel Bandung in the near future.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

I stayed in this hotel for a couple of nights, for leisure purpose. Overall, I experienced a very smooth stay in this hotel, some parts such as hotel interior and cleanliness easily meet my expectation. However, breakfast taste was just normal and room is just nice for 2 people (never considering to put an extra bed in the room).

What I want to highlight from my stay is the 'instagenic' aspect of this place. Especially the poolside and mini terrace behind the restaurant, got nice lighting during the day. The room also has big bright window, which is make it nice to take picture inside the room.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
parkviewhotelbandung, Owner at Park View Hotel Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Dear Immanuella N,

Warmest Greeting from Park View Hotel Bandung,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write this good review and enjoyed a new parisian experience hotel. And we are delighted to read that you had a very good experience with us, enjoying our product and hospitality. It is a great experience also for us to have you here and your all positive feedback gives us more be proud and spirit to have an attitude of mind in delivering our services to all of our guests. We are glad that you will choose again our Hotel as the prefer Hotel to stay during your next visit to Bandung.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Park View Hotel Bandung in the future.

Reviewed 5 February 2017

i was staying here during weekend getaway with my husband and 3 toddlers. we got the superior room, my first glance of the room was LOVING the interior design so much! they must be put many effort in providing such a high quality standard of furniture, the theme, Paris, was so lovely with a beautiful vibrant colors. They also got nice staffs, foods on breakfast was quite tasty with many choices even there were also some traditional drinks (jamu), cool! also the baby chairs in the restaurant were cool, even though not safe enough because they have no belts. definitely recommended.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Dear sallynatanegara,

Warmest Greeting from Park View Hotel Bandung,

We look forward to welcoming you back to Park View Hotel Bandung in the future.

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

- the room is too small (with a large furniture) but it's nice for taking pictures
- foods are great
- cute and instagramable hotel decorations
- good city view (i'm at 6th floor)
- good location
- poor at the end of our stay, they remind us about the check out time twice.
First they knocked our room and asking what time we will check out.
Second they call ous by room call.
Well, it's a lil bit annoying.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear hannaindrie,

Warmest Greeting from Park View Hotel Bandung,
Thank you for taking your valuable time to give a valued feedback to us.
We apologize for inconvenience experience during your stay in our Hotel specially on room and our staff services we believe with constructive feedback from our guest we can improve our services and should there anything at all we can do to make your future stay at the hotel more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed 27 January 2017

Firstly, the (only) plus point: it’s situated only a 5 min walk away from the sprawling Paris Van Java mall.

Although the style of the hotel is Parisian, the décor was too in-your-face and way overboard to be point of being garish. And if you have rooms which are not too big, having Parisian style furniture occupy precious space just makes the rooms claustrophobic.

Now the bad. *warning: long post....

My stay started out really unpleasantly for myself and a friend who had an adjoining room. On the first night, upon returning to the hotel around midnight and returning to our rooms (We had checked in earlier and had then gone out), we was greeted by a large group of guests loitering along the corridor outside the rooms. Some of them were even seating on the floor, and generally having a family gathering of sorts. Kids were running around and having fun (read: noisy) and we could see a number of rooms had the doors open.

It was clear that the group had just come from an event in the hotel restaurant, and seemed to have continued their celebration outside their rooms. Ordinarily, this wouldn’t be a problem for me, as people need to have some fun. However, this was after midnight and this IS a hotel after all.

We subsequently went down to reception to explain the situation to the receptionist. After a while, the receptionist reverted that they had resolved the situation and the guests had retired back to their rooms. We then went back upstairs, but upon arrival at our floor, we noticed that while no one was now sitting along the corridor, some kids were still running up and down, and the rooms still had the doors open.

As we needed a peaceful sleep that night after a long day, we then went back down to the reception to request a change of rooms. That request was met with a curt “no rooms available” response, without seemingly checking their system. From experience, and a quick check online, I knew that this was NOT true.

Upon constant insistence, he finally started using the system to do something. After a while, he told us that he managed to get a room, and told us to wait while they prepared the room. This sounded acceptable, except that when queried further, he confirmed that he had allocated ONE room to us.

We had 2 rooms, and now he wants us to move into ONE room? This is a new thing even for us (and BTW, both of us are hoteliers as well!)
After a long time cajoling and insisting, the receptionist eventually and “miraculously” found 2 other available rooms, which we then moved our things to. One of the rooms (mine) was a suite room, which honestly, wasn’t that fantastic or much better than a regular room. The other room which my friend had, was a Twin when he wanted a Double. As the time was very late, we just made do. All the while, it took about an hour for the drama.

So I thought the drama was over, and we spent the next day out of the hotel after breakfast. Not before my friend requesting to the new receptionist that he wanted to change back to a Double room as we were both staying a few days and had already paid in advance. I did not make any request, as I was already fully unpacked, and did not want the trouble of moving again.

Upon returning in the evening, the receptionist on duty told my friend that his new room was ready. As nothing was mentioned to me, I went up to my room. To my HUGE surprise, I found the room very nicely cleaned; to the point that all my things were not to be found!! Everything had “disappeared”. Even the things (passport, money, cards, etc ) in the safe!!

I’m not sure about anyone else, but this was a SHOCKING and totally UNACCEPTABLE situation. So I stormed back down to the reception. On the way, I was already planning to call the Police to make a report…. This is a very serious matter, and in another city and country, this would have been classified as theft.

The receptionist on duty told me that they had, in my absence and without notification, moved me into another room. When asked why, she said that the owner had told them to do so. I then mentioned that the safe in the room were missing, to which she told me that they had moved the entire safe and swapped it with another.

This was unbelievable, as safes in hotel rooms are meant for safekeeping of guests valuable, and CANNOT be moved so easily.

During this time, and perhaps in anticipation of issue resolution, the receptionist pointed out the Duty Manager, which we had insisted on speaking with. When he came, he started speaking in Bahasa, which I don’t understand very well. So I requested him to speak in English. He then replied that he can’t speak English….. After that, knowing that he wasn’t going to be able to communicate easily, he left, and never returned at all for the remainder time we were there. Just left it for his subordinate to deal with us.

You can imagine our mood at this point, and together with my friend, we made the decision to move out of the unbelievable hotel. Of course, we wanted only a refund of the nights that we didn’t stay. You can probably guess the response we got. Yes, no refund.

To cut a long story short(er), another round of phone calls ensued on both sides, and eventually the “management” advised that they will issue the refund (which was again handled in a rather bizarre and hilarious fashion, but that’s another story ;-) ). All the while, no one else from Management turned up at the hotel.

I requested for my luggage to be retrieved, since I did not know where it was at that time, and after a long time, it arrived in the lobby. To my surprise, they had literally brought all my stuff down, UNPACKED! Shoes, clothes, toiletries,….. that was apparently how they had moved my things to the other room.

Lo and behold, the safe was also brought down, and I opened it and retrieved my valuables. So much for safety in this hotel….

We finally left the hotel after almost 2 hours of drama a second time, checked in to another far better place, and vowed never to set foot anywhere near this place again.

If you had read my post in its entirety, you might have noted the many areas of mismanagement. So stay here at your own risk. You have been warned!

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel if you value service, safety, comfort......
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
11  Thank TerenceSingapore

Dear Mr Terence,
Bonjour Paris Van Java!

Thank you for taking your time for review our property. We appreciate your valuable feedback as it helps us identify the areas we can improve the guest experience. Your input, and the feedback from all of our guests is vitally important to us and we always want guest expectations to be met upon arrival.
Our Parisian decor, we indeed favor the decor in detail, and it is excess of our decor and about room size we have updated our website, in Every Online travel Agent or Offline Travel Agent to ensure that future travelers know that details of our room information, that some of our Room and bathrooms are indeed small Deluxe is 20 sqm and Super Deluxe (your previouse room) is 28 sqm. We sincerely apologize if you did not know this in advance.
Please allow me to offer my apologies for the other guest noice that impacted your stay. Not all the behavior of hotel guests making noise, and if it happens is not always impactful because we has designing soundproffed rooms, so it is very hard for us to predict when this willl happens. Although we cannot control every guest behavior (read : their noise) We should have conveyed more appropriately of our apologies.
We do apologize for the slow response of our staff that is not in accordance with your expectations to meet your high expectation, this is because the staff have to coordination with the manager and make sure all last rooms availabe in Online Travel Agent is not yet reserved by check email reservation (2 last room availabe is Executive Twin and Suite Room, remember in Weekend we are always fully Booked). After We Prepared and make sure the room is in good condition our staff upgrade your room from two super deluxe to be executive twin and suite rooms (our last room). Our Staff are given the new key and explain to your friend Mr Surya that we only upgrade your room just in that night because in the next day (in afternoon at Checkin time at 2 PM) the room is already reserved (Suite Room).
Noted: When you search in online room is still available because when you in reception it was after midnight means room availability shown in is for the day after you check in date.
Next Day regarding your stuff. At 11:00 a.m we tried to call your room to reminder you should move again to your previous type because The Suite room alredy reserved means we have to prepare room to be ready as check in time at 2 Pm, but no answeared from your room. And we tried to call your friend phone number Mr Surya around at 01:20 pm to remind about this information and He agreed to move after back to Hotel. At 08:00 PM you and Mr surya still has not returned to the hotel, how our staff are very worried about The Guest who already reserved this Suite room if they comes and the room is not ready at 8 pm because you luggage still in there. We hard to communicate with you to get your permission to move your luggage but there is no answear. then with a very hard consideration, without diminishing our respect to you we have to prepare the Suite room for the guest who already reserved. And regarding your Deposit Box, The safety and security of our guest is always our top priority, your deposit box we do not open at all, and therefore to maintain the confidentiality of your we are trying to find other ways by transferring your deposit box into the room where you move. and you do not lose your stuff in there, aren’t it? We even refund rest of your payments before and you only pay for one night, even you go back to the hotel at 10 pm which should have been charged expenses 2 nights.
We always desire for your stay to be nothing but fantastic and it is regretful this was not the case. We will use your feedback to make improvements. We hope to welcome you back again so that we can surpass your expectations and provide you with the perfect experience we want you to have.