“Great food horrible service”
Review of Nine Heaven

Nine Heaven
Ranked #470 of 934 Restaurants in Ubud
Description: We are Vegan. We provide variety of vegan foods for prevent from killing animals and love the living beings.
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Food tasted great, service was worst I have had in Ubud. No one greeted us, when we sat they avoided eye contact and wouldn't take our order. We went up to the kitchen and told them what we wanted. Food came, they weren't busy... Was good food. No water given, when we were done they didn't come to rise the money, was going to order a dessert but as I sit here writing this review I realize I don't want to give them more money because I feel so disconnected from them. Lol. Going to Sayuri to get dessert right now.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Pretty nice restaurant (and love the concept behind the restaurant and eco laundry) but a little underwhelmed after reading some of the other comments - the food was good but the staff seemed a little annoyed to be tending to me - which was strange as it was the middle of the afternoon and I was one of only two people there.

The 'tuna' sandwich was good but the soy bean soup was uninspiring. I wanted to order the crunchy 'chicken' too after the rave review (I hadn't eaten yet that day and was really hungry!) but didn't because the staff seemed already bemused/annoyed I'd ordered twice already.

An ok selection but I wouldn't come here again when Sayuri (and Vegetarian Warung, who also do vegan options) are so close.

Nineheavenmy, オーナー at Nine Heaven, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Dear customer

Thank you for your kind understanding about our concept.
We apologize for the attitude of staff. It depends on lack of our teaching.
Very sorry for wasting your precious time in ubud.
Yes, Sayuri restaurant has good staff whom trained better.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

This is our second trip to Bali in 6 months and one of the main reasons we returned to Ubud was to visit Nine Heaven!

To start, the staff are incredibly kind and helpful. The owner is delightful and generous and they have a cat that will come and join you (if you want!).

The food is brilliant - Japanese fried chicken is delicious and the dishes like the Nasi Campur are some of the best Indonesian food I have had in Bali. They have a new vegan tuna sandwich which is great to order and takeaway for a day out.

The prices are low for the standard of the food (which means we order about 6 dishes per meal between the two of us!) and the portions are generous.

Nine Heaven also has a great spa just off Monkey Forest Rd so a nice 20 minute walk to burn off some of the food!

Overall I can't really fault this place. You could spend all day here and go to the spa for a break - which we have done - and it wouldn't break the bank. If you're vegan, veggie or whatever, make the effort to visit!

Nineheavenmy, オーナー at Nine Heaven, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Thank you so so~ much!!
We, too were very glad to meet you again!
Your words make us be proud of vegan style.
We hope to see you again :)

Best regards
Miyako

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Great place to eat. Nice choice of food. Even had vegan pasta on the menu! Good choices of tea too. Very friendly staff and lovely atmosphere.

Nineheavenmy, 広報担当マネージャー at Nine Heaven, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2017

Dear Customer

Thank you for your comment!
We are very glad*\(^o^)/*.
We hope to meet you again!

Reviewed 9 February 2017

Great quality vegan food; most meat eaters will also be happy here. Diverse menu with various Korean, Indonesian, Italian, and other options. A pleasant atmosphere, good service, comfortable with lots of room, fair prices. Strongly recommended. Essential particularly for vegan and vegetarian visitors to Ubud.

Nineheavenmy, マネージャー at Nine Heaven, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2017

Thank you so much for your comment! We are very glad!
Yes, we hope that all people enjoy vegetarian foods.wow!

Been to Nine Heaven? Share your experiences!