My husband and I have been to Bali more times than we can count. We have stayed in many hotels in Ubud, but always on the edge of the city. This time we chose to stay on Monkey Forest Road. We were very happy with what we found at the Komaneka. We had a nice-sized villa with a large bathroom (including shower and bathtub) and our own infinity pool. The view from our room was a large rice paddy. We had his and hers desks for our computers. The lighting in the room was exceptional. The mattress and pillows had just the right amount of firmness. There was a large flat screen tv with DVD player. The factor that we liked most about the hotel was the well-trained friendly staff. Our every need was anticipated and satisfied. We ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant each morning. The food was excellent. For eating out, there were lots of great eating establishments from which to choose within walking distance. I had a good feeling as we entered the lobby of the hotel. We didn't have an advance reservation and we were very lucky to find a vacancy. We originally planned to stay 3 nights and extended to 5. On our last day there I enjoyed a 90 minute massage/scrub at the spa. During our 12 day stay in Bali I had gone to the spa at each of our hotels. My experience at the spa in Ubud surpassed the others. We are looking forward to our next visit to the Komaneka on Monkey Forest Road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Monkey Forest began as a residence for artists behind the prestigious Komaneka Gallery, specializing in fine contemporary Indonesian and Balinese art. Now recently renovated with luxurious suites, an infinity pool, open-air restaurant, spa, and pool villas, all in a lush garden with mature shade trees, this is a very special oasis. The resort's location on the Monkey Forest Road gives immediate access to the Ubud market and all the cultural activities of the Ubud palace, Puri Ubud, residence of Ubud's ruling family. At the other end of this bustling street, lined with restaurants and boutiques, is a sacred monkey forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Komaneka at Monkey Forest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Hotel Ubud
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Ubud, Bali