Wow. I just returned from two weeks in Bali and my final 3 nights were spent at Komaneka at Monkey Forest. Ordinarily, I am very particular about hotels and identity a bunch of things which can be improved. Komaneka at Monkey Forest is potentially the closest thing to my perfect hotel.
From the moment I arrived at the hotel I was greeted by Dewi and provided a Welcome drink while the paperwork was prepared (the ginger tea was so delicious I bought some).
The feeling of "home" was felt throughout my stay. It made such a difference being addressed by name by many of the staff and receiving a "welcome home" whenever returning to the hotel. Other hotels attempt this, but the cynic in me often feels it is over-rehearsed and fake - This was NOT the case at Komaneka at Monkey Forest. All of the staff took a genuine interest in how my day was and wanted to ensure that my stay was as perfect it was.
My room was totally incredible and overlooking the pool area (209). Every detail in the room was present including international power adapters, Apple TV, cookies (which were delicious), insect repellent. Certainly my favourite hotel room I have ever had the pleasure to stay in. Huge bath with glass roof, large shower, dressing area and lovely patio area.
On my return to the hotel after a sunrise hike to Mount Batur Volcano I was greeted by staff offering to bring breakfast to my room immediately so I could then get some sleep. Outstanding service and delicious breakfast was served within 15 minutes.
The hotel was also super quiet and relaxing despite being so centrally located - perfect!
I racked my brains on how it is possible for such a perfect hotel to improve further and it was a struggle so I had to scrape the barrel; Maybe an upgraded Apple TV (currently a couple of generations old)
Thank you again to Dewi and all of the staff for being absolutely amazing and if I am ever in Ubud again I will certainly stay - Please open more Komaneka hotels around the world too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Monkey Forest began as a residence for artists behind the prestigious Komaneka Gallery, specializing in fine contemporary Indonesian and Balinese art. Now recently renovated with luxurious suites, an infinity pool, open-air restaurant, spa, and pool villas, all in a lush garden with mature shade trees, this is a very special oasis. The resort's location on the Monkey Forest Road gives immediate access to the Ubud market and all the cultural activities of the Ubud palace, Puri Ubud, residence of Ubud's ruling family. At the other end of this bustling street, lined with restaurants and boutiques, is a sacred monkey forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Komaneka at Monkey Forest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Hotel Ubud
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Ubud, Bali