“Paradise!”
Review of Villa Sancita

Villa Sancita
Ranked #150 of 585 Speciality Lodging in Ubud
Reviewed 14 August 2017

The most striking thing about the villa is the open side of the house onto beautiful rice fields that you can also appreciate in the Infinity pool.
From morning to night we felt pampered, peaceful and relaxed. The staff of this beautiful villa are discreet yet available for your every need, often before you realise them yourself! A fantastic location and perfect to explore Ubud and the rest of Bali we had a moving experience on this beautiful Island.
Not to be missed, a villa apart. From flowers on your pillow to mouthwatering meals, we had the holiday of gods!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank 7mini
Anne T, Owner at Villa Sancita, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you for such an excellent review! Your experience at Villa Sancita is exactly what we hope for every guest: to feel "pampered, peaceful and relaxed." We're delighted to receive such wonderful feedback. We hope to welcome your family again soon!

There are newer reviews for Villa Sancita

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Our first villa in Bali has not disappointed. Far from it, one of the best places we could have hoped for , made all the more memorable because of the amazing staff that looked after us. Tucked away in a convenient spot just 1.5 km north of central Ubud, its highly accessible to all the sites in the region. We had deliberately chosen Ubud to see the real Bali. We had many fun trips that were easy to organize (monkey forest, holy water temple at Tampaksiring, cooking class, day trip to Jimbaran beach). For our family this was the perfect location with morning trips out, then poolside by 3-4 and then dinner most nights in central Ubud. Ask for Mr Pandey as the driver - great guy who took us everywhere and very flexible . They villa is beautiful , spotless and highly maintained. We wanted for nothing. Can't find a single fault with this place. Do check out the nice warung and cafes a stone throw away in the main road. Spas all around.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Naruto7860
Anne T, Owner at Villa Sancita, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

"We wanted for nothing" -- the highest compliment we could have! Thank you for such a lovely review and for your suggestions for other guests. All of the staff thoroughly enjoyed having your family stay with us. We would love to have you back on your next trip to Bali!

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

My stay at Villa Sancita was serene, relaxing, and very memorable. The views of the lush rice fields are breathtaking and the architecture of the house is stunning.. The staff was very helpful and made me breakfast in the morning, helped me organize tours and rides, and gave me excellent recommendations. The private pool was great for the hot days in Bali.

The Villa is located about 2.5 km from the center of Ubud. It was a great walk into the city. Just be careful of the crazy drivers. You will walk passed rice fields, papaya trees, temples, and a few small cafes/restaurants. It's great if you go early in the morning when it's cooler and quiet.

Everyone on the staff is a great cook and I had many delicious lunches and dinners . Just make sure to give the staff some notice and they will cook you authentic local cuisine at an affordable price.

I loved sitting on the couch reading my book and looking out at the beautiful view. At night I could hear the local temple along with all of the frogs, crickets, birds etc. it was very peaceful.

I spent about half my time at the Villa and half exploring Bali. It was wonderful coming back to a place that felt like home. I enjoyed many mornings on the balcony off my room drinking coffee. The staff even helped me arrange a massage in my room.

I loved my stay here and will definitely come back. I can't wait until my next trip!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank mollyb784
Anne T, Owner at Villa Sancita, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

What a lovely review! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and your suggestions for other guests. I'm glad you had such a peaceful, relaxing stay with us; that's our aim with every guest. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

OMG, what a wonderful villa. This place is about 20 min walk to downtown ubud. Excellent location. When we got into the villa the staff greeted us with warm welcome and open hearts. We were well taking care of. It's amazing villa, the space is so clean and the staff were wonderful . I highly recommend to stay here when you visit Bali . I can not thank you enough for taking care of us.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Anne T, Owner at Villa Sancita, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

Thank you for the stellar recommendation. "Warm welcome and open hearts" -- that is the essence of Villa Sancita. We're glad you so thoroughly enjoyed your stay, and hope you can return soon!

Reviewed 21 August 2016

We recently spent 6 nights here, it was amazing. The villa is located a few kms from the main street in Ubud, far enough to be quiet but close enough to ride to town in a few minutes. There were several lovely warungs (made becik, warung bintang bali, akamana) on the same road which we ate lovely meals at and there is a good spa (ubud wellness spa 2) just a few metres down the road. Santi and her staff were impeccable and could not be faulted. They were so professional and helpful, available but not intrusive. The breakfasts were amazing and we had a meal cooked in the villa by Santi which was delicious and good value. There is the main bedroom upstairs with an ensuite and another bedroom with a separate bathroom, and downstairs is another bedroom and a separate bathroom. There is an open plan dining/lounge area by the pool and a separate TV room also downstairs. There is a fully equipped kitchen which we did not spend much time in as the staff usually helped us out if we needed anything in there (including a cuppa) and there was a bar fridge out in the lounge to store our things. The pool is lovely with views of the garden and rice fields. We were concerned that there may just be mud flats with no greenery but we were pleasantly surprised. All of the rooms except for 2 of the bathrooms and the kitchen look towards the garden. There is a small front yard for parking off the lane-way. Santi arranged scooters for us and we parked them here, she also arranged the scooters to be delivered and collected from the villa. She was so helpful, arranging our airport travel and giving us ideas for restaurants. The breakfasts were simply amazing. The plain and the banana pancakes are the best I have had and it was hard not to over-indulge at breakfast with a western breakfast, fruit and fresh juices also on offer. The villa has good wifi and all of the bedrooms have AC and fans. The villa is well maintained and clean, and the rooms were cleaned daily with water bottles in the bathrooms daily. I thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and left feeling so relaxed after spending evenings watching the fire flies, geckos and praying mantis and listening to the frogs.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank targatina

We are delighted to have such wonderful feedback on your Villa Sancita experience. Relaxation and pampering is our goal! Thank you for writing such a detailed review for other guests. Please come back soon.