See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

We were a group of 6 and we had booked 2 family rooms. When we arrived the lady told us she changed one of the rooms to a family house at no extra cost, just because then the rooms were next to each other, which was great. Breakfast was served at one of the two rooms, so we could all have breakfast together. There were almost no other guests (or so it seemed), so it was really quiet and relaxing. The swimming pool was great to cool down. Ubud is a good 30min walk, not too far, often better than being stuck in a traffic jam with a taxi.

The only remark I would have is to look and ask around before booking tours/tickets/taxis through the hotel. We booked the ascent of mount Batur, which was all organised as they said, so having done that, we also bought our ferry tickets to the Gili islands through them and our taxi ride there. Once we arrived in Padang Bai for our ferry and talking to other tourists, it turned out we paid too much for our ferry ticket, plus transport should've been included and we paid separately for that too. The taxi then dropped us off at the ferry office and not our hotel and we had to pay extra to get a taxi to our hotel. We then had to pay to get a taxi to the ferry terminal the next day. Because everything else was so good, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that there was some miscommunication, but it raised some questions with the group on their sincerity.

Would still recommend the hotel though! Just maybe book tickets through another agent.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

I always stay here when I am in Ubud. Great staff, pool, gardens and breakfast. Quite, chilled and comfortable. Far from the maddening crowd but close to everything, especially the Cantika Spa which is fabulous. Highly recommended. Asked for Balinese breakfast and was culinarily satisfied every day.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2016

Although it is located very close to the heart of busy Ubud, this family-run property offers tranquility and peacefulness. Depending on the type of room chosen, you'll have rice fields as the view from your room's terrace. We stayed in one of the family rooms, and it was quite enough for us.

The staff was very nice and helpful. However, the property does need a renovation as most of the rooms are quite worn out.

Room Tip: The access to the property can only be done by foot or bike or motorbike and car parking around the area is extremely difficult.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2016

First off I have to say I haven't stayed elsewhere in Ubud, so it's hard to compare prices, but I have traveled extensively in SE Asia and compared to other places I have stayed elsewhere I thought Gerebig was a bit overpriced.

The location is a little outside the main town of Ubud, right opposite the lovely Alchemy cafe. It's a fairly easy 20 min walk in to town, or around 50/60k in a car.
The setting is lovely, pretty gardens of rice paddies, and each bungalow far enough away for it to feel quite private. It's calm and peaceful. The bungalows are also quite spacious. I enjoyed breakfast on our patio each morning - banana pankcake, lovely fruit salad and fresh juice.

The pool area is nice but doesn't get sun late afternoon which is a shame given we were out during the day. It's also quite small, so even though there aren't many guests it can be busy.

The bungalows are old and past their prime however, the one I stayed in could definitely do with being spruced up. It was still fine and comfortable enough, and if you have been around Asia you'll definitely have stayed in much more basic accommodation, but I have paid less for similar, but modernised and semi luxurious places in Thailand for example. Equally I've stayed places like this elsewhere and have absolutely loved their rustic charm, but it has cost less.

Wifi didn't work the first day, but was fine after that. Actually relatively quick. And the fan was ample for sleeping, definitely didn't need AC.

Room Tip: Bungalows overlooking the garden have lovely views
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2016

Simple room with ensuite bathroom, fridge and fan. Private balcony onto the garden. Great pool to cool off in too. Great value for money just 15-20 minutes outside of the hustle and bustle of Ubud. Lots of great cafes and restaurants nearby. Friendly and helpful staff.

Room Tip: stay in the main bungalows or one of the rooms tucked further back along the path for more quiet
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo