“Best of all the places I stand. ”
Review of Gerebig Bungalows

Gerebig Bungalows
Ranked #163 of 651 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 March 2016 via mobile

There is no fan but this is a good way to acclimatise. That has not held this place back in my mind, with a clever garden to make it seem you have the whole place to yourself and you can easily laze a whole week or like some there, for 3 weeks happily. Basic kitchen and lots a places nearby to explore.

Stayed: March 2016
1  Thank brendy101

Reviewed 26 February 2016

First of all I would like to say the couple that own and run this place are very friendly . However I thought being charged 15 % on top of our bill when we checked out was a bit rough as we have never encountered this ever in any accommodation . And we had an unexpected guest late at night.

I have given it a poor rating as the room we were given was really quite old which is OK but the price was quite steep equivalent of US $ 80 per night for 2 rooms. Because of this we moved after 2 nights and found a place with much much better value , same price but with filtered water in a huge container , tea ,coffee, jug big fridge in an outdoor undercover kitchen , 2 beautiful rooms with big verandah looking over the rainforest and river and a lovely cool pool ,,,called Sunrise Villas Bali.
Our room was more like a big old rambling house at Gerebig and we found out it was shared with a European woman who apparently was living there. We didnt know this when we booked . At 11pm we thought we were being broken into as we could hear the doors rattling and people walking and talking around the building. We had locked the main door to the kitchen and apparently locked out the tenant. The woman had the other bedroom opposite our daughters and spent the two nights up late talking with her gentleman friend.
The breakfast was ordinary and thats OK but not for the price. We received a superb breakfast at Sunrise Villas with lovely display of fruits and great toast with the eggs. The dirty plates from the breakfast at Gerebigs were still there to greet us at 6 pm when we arrived back there and still in the kitchen area the next day where I put them. The pool is miles away from alot of the accommodation and it was hard to find any staff alot of the time in the rambling grounds.
Look for better value places as this is way overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2015

We have been visiting Ubud, and in particular Penestanan, for over 12 years, with our most recent stay of 4 weeks in June this year. We have stayed at various places about the district, at price ranges from budget to luxury, but often return to Gerebig Bungalows because it is such a lovely haven to relax in. Great pool, comfortable and clean accommodation, very friendly and helpful owners Kadek & Wayan, and their staff are great too. The breakfasts are served on your verandah, and are a good start to the day. They also can rent you a motorbike or car if you are adventurous!

While Ubud and Penestanan are becoming quite busy and a bit hectic at times, we can rely on Gerebig to be our oasis.

I have read a few of the recent reviews here and one alarmed me as the guest made a lot of comments about the accommodation and in particular about the owners that just do not ring true with me - in particular the comment about cockroaches... I have never seen one at Gerebig in 12 years!!! Regarding wifi speeds, in my experience the issue is a local one to the area, not just to Gerebig, frustratingly slow at times, but I don't go there to be in constant touch with the world!

Highly recommended, but not everyones cup of tea, although the thermos flask of tea or coffee that is provided each morning with breakfast is very welcome!

Room Tip: Upper rooms benefit from evening breezes during the hotter months.