“Love it!”
Review of Lumbung Restaurant

Lumbung Restaurant
Ranked #220 of 870 Restaurants in Ubud
Price range: US$2 - US$49
Description: Lumbung, home cooking that defines what comfort food really is. An authentic Indonesian culinary heritage using Indonesia’s indigenous cooking Techniques and ingredients.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The food is super good for me as a vegetarian it suits me so well. As for the services and ambience it is so fine.. i will give my thumbs up for this

Desavisesaubud, Manager at Lumbung Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Doreen L,

Greetings from Lumbung Restaurant.

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience with us at Lumbung, we are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food, ambience and service.
Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We wanted to experience some real
Indonesian food and decided to go to Lumbung and it certainly didn’t disappoint . Amazing service, food and drinks.

If I had to give some constructive feedback on the venue as it’s brand new. Perhaps light up outs side the restaurant. At the moment it’s so light inside that there is no view or atmosphere outside, all you can see is your own reflection. So dim the lights inside and out some more light outside and that should fix it

Dear MRS_PARKER_82,

Greetings from Lumbung Restaurant.

We are delighted to read your feedback that you enjoyed your dining experience at our restaurant.
We will be looking into your comment regarding the light, we very much appreciate your feedback on this to be our better improvement. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I come here by invitation for the grand opening of lumbung restaurant. the appetizer is great I love the seaweed salad, also the traditional food there are very tasty, I love the laklak and bubur sumsum, taste great

Desavisesaubud, Manager at Lumbung Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Dita S,

Greetings from Lumbung Restaurant.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and I am glad to know that you were impressed with the services we offer and enjoyed your lovely dinner at Lumbung.

It is our commitment to always provide an exceptional services to our esteemed guests and we hope to have you return in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Loved the variety of seating & tables - open plan but with cosy retreat dining spots & very comfy seats! Enjoyed sampling Bali food - all beautifully presented & flavoured. Service - attentive, humble & helpful.

Dear Heather K,

Greetings from Lumbung Restaurant.

Thank you for write such a positive review on Trip Advisor. I am glad that we able to tailor one magnificent moment on your culinary experience in our restaurant, Lumbung.

It is our commitment to delight our valued guest. I certainly wish that the experience will bring you back to our resort for more culinary discoveries.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

For a restaurant that purports to be a fine dining experience, this was one of the most middle of the road, underwhelming and mildly unpleasant meals I've had.

The food was just meh and, frankly, for the cost, that's an insult. I found it bland and unexciting.

We had the Balinese speciality whole duck (boiled then deep fried), as one of the main dishes. I have to say, either the duck was emaciated when it was killed, or, it had been fried so much that the meat retracted into the bones, though, this is unlikely, as the skin was floppy.

We also had the beef rib, in black soup, which was offensively insipid and meagre.

The service was friendly and the staff are nice. However, it was oppressive and overbearing. I felt like I was being watched by an over enthusiastic parent, so joyously voyeuristic was the attention. There are only so many times that one can be asked whether the meal is OK, before wanting to tell the waiter to go away.

Perhaps this is a cultural difference, in that the staff are used to having to attend more wealthy customers in a more deferential manner, however, it detracted profoundly from my experience.

I had a lovely kaffir lime and coconut cocktail, which is the primary reason there is more than one star offered in this review. My wife's cocktail was, however, reminiscent of a low priced floor cleaner.

I would not be rushing back.

Desavisesaubud, Manager at Lumbung Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear Malcom G,

Greetings from Lumbung Restaurant.

Thank you for your constructive comment of your recent dining experience on TripAdvisor.

It concerned us to hear your unfortunate experience at our Lumbung restaurant. Usually we received good comment of our product, but this time we failed. Please rest assured that we have spoken this matter to our Executive Chef who particularly will share to their associate to assure that this case will not happen again in the future.

Total guest satisfaction is our utmost priority and it is thanks to your positive feedback that we are able to maintain and further improve on our service standards.

We are always pleased to welcome you back to Lumbung Restaurant.

Director of Operations

Been to Lumbung Restaurant? Share your experiences!