“Enjoyable dinner time”
Review of Kentongan

Kentongan
Ranked #91 of 467 Restaurants in Sanur
Reviewed 16 May 2017

I visited Kentongan restaurant on a Wednesday night. On this night there is a live band and salsa music. There is a small stage to dance. Music was quite entertaining. Since I wanted to have western style food, I chose the Terderloin steak (imported from australia), accomplished with a salad and mash potatoes. I must admit, this dish was superb. Cooked to my liking, tender, great taste. Just one critical note: I would have wished there was a bit more salad and mash potato on the dish, because it was so good! Desert was creme brulee and home made coconut ice cream. I simply loved the creme brulee, as the ice cream was a great finishing touch. The service provided by the waiter (jun) was prompt, attentive and he came up with a suggestion to have the home made ice cream. Love when staff are able to suggest items from the menu. Well done. Love to be back soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

we went here twice as previous visit the food was delicious and the have pool table. the restaurant is empty only 1 table next to us, probably it was low season for tourist came to bali. my hubby oxtail soup was testy but my food, of one of their signature dish "lontong sayur" test was horrible. its very salty, like they put only water in it and mix with salts and too much spices that i couldn't test what that was. i could't eat anything after that.
but the staff was friendly and smily

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have gone back to Kentongan a couple of times as it has great ambience, delicious food and good prices. The staff are attentive without being intrusive, and are very friendly and willing to customize the order for you (I have food allergies).

The portion sizes are good value for money, and the presentation of the food is lovely.

We sat beside the koi pond and enjoyed a visit from a little cat that wandered around.

They also have a really good beer and drinks menu - a great option if you want a night out or have a larger group of people.

Reviewed 29 April 2017

Holiday in Bali in a large group (9 adults, 5 kids, 1 infant), our first consideration on choosing place to eat are...is there enough space for our group? is the place child friendly? And...this place answer all our question with a style! The food was great...(try their rice bowl), spacious place...they event managed to sit our group in one row, and the kids love to explore the restaurant. From the pond behind, until the Foosball table! We also lucky enough to meet Mr. Andri, who seems the right person to running the restaurant, because he knows all the food, the place, even when my wife told me that she forgot to bring my daughter bikini, he show us direction to the store on our way to the beach that sells it! Overall, we had a good time and full stomach with a big smile after we left the restaurant. Definitely will come back again whenever we are in Bali!!!!

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

The food was very good and it was some large portions.
The waitress was very kind and payed attention to us.
The only minus is the high prices (compared to other restaurants in the area).