“Worth visiting”

Warung Blanjong
Ranked #94 of 448 Restaurants in Sanur
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Warung Blanjong has been operating for sixteen years. It is owned by a local Balinese woman, Ketut Mariani, who has lived and cooked in Europe, Australia and Hawaii. Warung Blanjong's speciality is it's Balinese food for which it is justifiably famous. In addition there are Indonesian dishes, some Western dishes and arguably the best hamburgers in Bali. There are Balinese cooking classes available with Ketut and Warung Blanjong does do catering. We look forward to seeing you here to eat with us.
Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

We stopped here twice, first for lunch and following a positive experience for dinner two days after the first visit.

On both times the staff was friendly and attentative, the menu understandable and prices reasonable. Prices are a tad higher than in the smaller warungs around the area, but the price-quality ratio is okayish. The setting is really nice for the busy area around, offering some welcoming free space and room between the tables, perfect for more privacy.

We tried both Indonesian and Balinese specialities. Food was excellent, though on the second visit my rice was a little bit undercooked. We arrived just after a 10 person family though, so the chef must have had his/hers hands full! Overall both food and general experience was very good, and I would recommend stopping by.

1  Thank Dennis_A_Fin
There are newer reviews for Warung Blanjong

Reviewed 21 November 2016

Once you understand the system and choose what you want from the bain maries you will enjoy a great meal at a very cheap price. Most of it a bit spicy for me but great if you like spice food.

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

After having a delicious home style Balinese dinner here one night, I returned later in the week to do the cooking class with the owner Ketut. It was a lovely way to spend the morning. First let me say that the kitchens are spotless! You can eat here with total confidence. Ketut also has a farm so much of the produce she grows herself.
The class started with a trip to the local market where she explained about all the produce and patiently answered all my questions. Then back to the kitchen where we prepared 5 dishes. All of them delicious! I say we, but the chef did a lot of the hard yards. He was patient with my efforts to secure parcels of banana leaves ( containing snapper and spice pastes and tomato) . The cost was US$25 which I think is very good value considering the amazing meal at the end. Do not eat breakfast! So come for a meal or to do the cooking class and be confident that you are learning about, and supporting true Balinese culture.

2  Thank alexandra b
Reviewed 25 September 2016

Warring Blanjong is a very nice restaurant in Sanur. It has a large patio area with six or eight tables with umbrellas. Inside has about four tables -- all with plenty of space between them. Two of the restaurant walls are large glass doors that slide way completely so indoors is almost the same as outdoors. The advantage is that if it's raining, you don't get wet.

The food is very good -- Indonesian with some Bali specialities. I can't remember everything I tried but I know I had the Nasi Campur (pronounced Nasi Champur.) The portions were moderate and sufficient and the flavorings just right -- not heavy and mushy like some Nasi Campur or Nasi Goreng I had other places.

They also have lovely fresh juices and delicious breakfast.

4  Thank SarahS1972
Reviewed 20 September 2016

Formerly known as "We're Still Open" (during their fall 2015 interior renos), great service and tasty food!