“Good Japanese food”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

Nice Japanese style restaurant with tatami alcoves on one side and counter seating on the other, as well as some outdoor seating. Pleasant atmosphere and helpful staff. It has an extensive menu of Japanese dishes. I had curry with tonkatsu. Good, not exceptional. Reasonable prices.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

Unfortunately for us, Kokoya is definitely not a secret. It is filled with people every night and they deserve it!
They have the best hot green tea that I had EVER (haven't been to Japan yet, but I think it can't get any better ;)) and their meals are fairly priced, the portions are enough and it always tasted great!
I was surprised to find that Avocados are not really a common ingredient to use at Kokoya (but maybe it just wasn't in season), so as vegetarian you can have a hard time finding something suitable to eat, but they provide a vegetarian menu and you can order quite a few small dishes so I definitely didn't remain hungry after dinner there ;)
The staff is lovely, even though their english is not that great, which for us was no problem at all.
We will come back again, please stay awesome :)

Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

So many places to eat in Sanur! I saw a sign for a bento box and it was 35.000 IDR! Thought I'd try it nothing to loose... Amazing! I'll be dropping by regularly for their spectacular food! Great green tea too! Must try if your in Sanur.

Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

This place is located near sanur beach. Cozy place and nice for having meals.
It's taste of sushi really original. Recommended for sushi lover.
The price is not too expensive (good for mid-range budgeter).

Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

Big thumbs up to this place!
The foods are amazing! sushi were great, not bland at all and the price is reasonable too.
The place is not so big but really cozy and has a good atmosphere.
This is a great place for dinner, but if you come here at lunch, they have lunch bento that fairly cheap plus you get free cold water.
I'm definetely will come back whenever I crave japanese food