All reviews friendly locals connect with nature beautiful breakfast rice fields delicious fruit every morning spectacular views other guests bob dian trek jumps sunrise huts bungalow bali gede
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for more than a month with 3 of my friends. It had everything we wanted to have. The environment and the view are both breathtaking. The other guests, the owner and the staff were all very kind and easygoing.

If I ever go back to northern Bali I can easily imagine myself staying here again.

Thank you all.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2018

The area is endowed with breathtaking landscape. It is as if God has created this land in his own image!

I stayed for a few days in a wooden cottage in the rice field, not in the main house. It's quite rustic with a lovely front porch with a sweeping view over the rice terraces and ocean. Very peaceful. The energy is strong and beautiful here. The only downer is that there's no hot water, no bathroom sink with running water, and dust from the wooden beams fell down onto my bed every day. Hopefully these things will get fixed in the future, but can't complain much when there's so much beauty around!

The trekking to the waterfalls with Bob was the highlight of my trip. Unforgettable experiences of immersing in nature and finding my way back to my own nature :) You'd be in a treat to have him as your guide.

Of course I'll come again :)

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

A highly recommended place if you want to come up North to see "the other side of Bali" and immerse yourself in nature and local culture.
The retreat is settled on a mountain lush with tropical gardens and has an incredible view to rice fields and ocean. A calm oasis, away from the hustle and bustle of the touristy places, yet easily accessible and fairly close to spots to visit (like Lovina's dolphin bay, Singaraja Market, Banjar hot springs, Sekumpul waterfall).
Rooms are nice and comfortable with access to a communal kitchen -- real value for a fair price. As we were staying here with a group of friends we really enjoyed to have our separate joglo and hang out together in common areas.
Hosts are helpful, flexible and easy to communicate with. They can also introduce you to special experiences like traditional Balinese healing. A local tour guide took us to nearby hiking trails and beautiful waterfalls where we could drink holy water or jump and slide from rocks. We could also go exploring on our own: we met many friendly locals and found great viewpoints and durian stalls .
The fact that we extended our stay by one month should tell you everything!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

We came here planning to enjoy the beautiful scenery and waterfalls for a week but ended up staying the whole month. It is simply beautiful and every day is such a blessing to open to eyes to this!

The owner is very accomodating with any of your needs you just have to ask.

Very well kept and clean facilities and also laundry service is available.

Thank you John for showing us around the amazing waterfalls!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Good service, friendly, and good view, i promise i will come again.
The room is very clean and good for retreat yoga with fruit for breakfast.... Hmmm is good for health.
Just come and see for real, you should try.

Date of stay: January 2018