Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
kparsnip
Bristol, United Kingdom

Exceptional

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Jun 2008
I wasn't quite sure what to expect of The Bale but I can say that this surpassed any expectations I did have in every way. The pavilions are modern and airy but just incredible. All mod cons and as other guests have commented, the fabulous private pool is a real winner.
Our butler was fantastic and dealt with all our requests quickly and efficiently. In fact service as a whole was impeccable. Food from both the main restaurant and the spa restaurant was gorgeous and arrived swiftly when room service was ordered.

You must try the spa. I had the best massage of my life there and was walking on air afterwards.

The Bale is ideal for a romantic break or honeymoon - you really won't see many other guests during your stay as everyone is just indulging in their private pavilion. Not a place to go for a social holiday!
Date of stay: May 2008
Trip type: Travelled on business
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesCheck-in / front desk
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesBusiness service (e.g., internet access)
€322
    €205
1.3 km from The Bale Nusa Dua
View more hotels in Nusa Dua
1,011 results
All reviews faces restaurant day bed deluxe single pavilion private pool outdoor shower our honeymoon the general manager cooking class mosquito net the resort manager complete privacy massage at the spa main pool romantic dinner the nusa dua area late check welcome drink
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 June 2008

We stayed in the Bale for the second leg of our 2 week stay in Bali. I had high expectations and I was not disappointed. We were shown around our amazing pavillion (single deluxe) but decided the sun wasn't on garden for long enough so we were moved to a pavillion where the sun was shining on the pool etc until about 4pm (no .36). It is so private, you feel as though it's just you and your partner there! The novelty of stepping into your own pool from the bathroom did not wear off! We were chaffur driven to the beach every morning - when you arrive you receive towels, sun cream, aftersun, body mist and as much water as you wanted. The beach is lovely, alhough the sand is very soft so you tend to sink in it! Cannot complain really but I did prefer the beach in Seminyak. They chaffur you back to your villa when you are ready and we enjoyed the rest of our afternoons in our pool and snoozing on the day bed! Nusa Dua is a lot quiter than Seminyak but we discovered the Bali Collection which has loads of restaurants and shops to keep you amused. Another restaurant you must visit is the Bumbu Bali-authentic Balinesse cuisine. We had breakfast most days served to us in our own garden (fab) at no extra charge. You are allocated a private butler for the duration of our stay but we didn't see him once, we dealt with several members of staff, all of which were lovely and friendly. Their English isn't great but not too much of an issue (only when ordering breakfast over the phone!) All in all a fab time and we were gutted to leave. - miss the complimentary fresh cookies everyday

Date of stay: June 2008
1  Thank travelsnob36
Reviewed 5 March 2008

OK so what you can I add to what you've seen on their website and others reveiws... not a great deal other than to say that my wife cried when we had to leave.. (I travel extensively round the world with work with work but even started to i well up)..

Pure unadulterated pampering and luxury (it's not cheap - but as ever you get what you pay for - my 2 weeks are rather precious and i can't risk sub-std holidays!!)

We stayed in their largest garden villa (16 foot pool) which has been recently renovated - not that it needed it (a return visit).. see pics, nothing short of a veritable princes' palace..

The Bale has everything - invisible service / stunning cuisine & setting / beach access but more importantly it's relaxed & cool and has personality... yes that's it - it's ultra COOL!! - when you stay in a hotel and you know that if you were a multi-billionaire you'd still stay here you know you've hit gold dust.. I cannot fault anything with the Bale.

(my review is compared to all the other 100+ named 5* hotels I've stayed in Bali & elsewhere over the years - we will only stay here at the Bale or at the Jamahal spa resort when in Bali)

Date of stay: February 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank hugwort
Reviewed 3 January 2008

The Bale; what can you write about a hotel that goes out of their way to give you the most personalized holiday you could dream of. Nothing was too much trouble. We arrived with high expectations and were not disappointed. The minimalist architecture felt a little to minimalist but the staff really seamed happy to be working there and this provided the warmth that the buildings lacked. The professionalism was first class and the Villas are designed to provide a small private piece of paradise. The food really is as good as all the guide books say but without all the pretension of a 5 star restaurant.

The Bale also has a beach area. There is a courtesy car that will take you whenever you want, walk (15 mins) or just borrow a mountain bike. The team at the Bale arranged a mountain bike trip for us that was exactly to our requests and also provided information about their favorites beaches that were on the route. Many of these were not on the tourist maps.

This is a place of relaxation and peace, if you want a night life then make use of the car service and take a trip to Kuta. The major hotels are all located down the road and have a restaurant area. This is not 5 star eating but mass production restaurants that serve nice food at expensive prices. It is however packed with all the shops you could want so is an alternative way to spend an evening there.

Having been to both Nusa Dua and the Kuta area I would return to the Bale without hesitation and travel to Kuta in the evenings. The service of the hotel truly deserves it's reputation as one of the small leading hotels in the world!

Date of stay: December 2007
Reviewed 16 December 2007

The Bale is one of the most beautiful and tranquil hotels I have ever stayed in. I travel for work and Bali was no exeception...I was here to attend the UN climate change conference, and because I decided late, no room was to be had in the 5 hotel conference site. My office booked me at the Bale, about 5-10 minutes away, and this was the very best thing that ever happened to me.

The pleasure began on arrival when I was picked up in the hotel's distinctive gold SUV and whisked away out of the airport heat and noise after being handed a chilled towel and a cold bottle of water. The drive was a short 20 minuteseven with conference traffic.

On arrival,check in was handled in my Pavilion and was made simple and charming by also inviting me to chose scented soaps, bath salts and bath oils as well as scented oil for my diffuser. And yes, the Bales or pavilions are every bit as beautiful as they look on the web site. The staff is incredible, and address you by name and you feel at home very very quickly. You DO recieve a welcome masage and USE IT AS SOON AS YOU ARRIVE. You need it. The Spa is incredible!!! Bliss...

Do not bother to bring slippers if you have medium feet, the room has along with bathrobes or even body lotion, shampoo and conditioner - they are provided and are incredible! I know, I know, I am repeating incredible....

Breakfast is incredible and have it in your room sometimes( at no extra charge) and in the beautiful Faces restaurant - it is included in your room rate. The fresh fruit placed in your room every day and the always magically full cookie jar are fabulous as are the mini bar, daybed and private plunge pool.

About the steps - yes, they are quite a few - but you will need the exercise anyway after a day or so and if you really really are lazy, you can ask to be taken up and down via golf cart on the winding side paths ( how did you think your luggage was taken to your pavilion?? Walking the paths is also a good option for those with sore knees or other complaints.

A few lines about the beach. This hotel is not on the beach. Big deal - so what. A car will whisk you away on demand and the Bale Beach Club aatendants on Geger Beach spoil you rotten, with beach towels, chairs and umbrellas, chilled towels, cold bottled water, body mist, sun block and after sun lotion. The local Koperasi runs a great little warung and the food and beer/drink can be charged to your room, and massages are on offer ( take cash for that). And the beach is impeccably clean and beautiful. Pay no attention to what has been said before. The sand is a little "sinky" no, NOT STINKY - overly soft, but just fine once you get used to it. And not at all dirty. And the water is fine and do go see the reef on a glass bottomed boat ( take cash for that too). The beacjh is quite long and great for exercising, but who'd want to do that?? It is overlloked by the loliest little cliff top temple, Puri Geger and so is quite possibly blessed! What more could you ask for?

I spent a few hours regretting that my wonderful guy was not with me and then decided this was my chance for a solo honeymoon - and that is EXACTLY what I had...I fell in love with me again and I cannot wait to return to the Bale with my guy - but this was just for me!

Lisa and all the staff, butlers, waiters all were amazing and Lisa spoiled me incredibly ( you know what you did!) (Para Lisa, quiero decir muchas gracias de tu tocayo Belicena). Again, to all of you, Terima Kasih! I will return.

Date of stay: December 2005
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank Irieas
Reviewed 31 October 2007

We recently stayed at The Bale during the second half of our Bali trip. The first half was spent at a private villa in Seminyak. We were on a mission this trip scouting for venues for a private event and therefore spent most of the first few days of our trip zooming around Bali. By the time we arrived at The Bale, we were totally exhausted and what a haven it was for the weary traveller!

The Bale is nothing short of beautiful with minimalistic, elegant modern architecture and interior design. The staff were very polite and did everything they could to make our stay a very comfortable one. The actual check in was done in our pavilion by the butler and over in 5 minutes. We were then left alone to enjoy the place.

The villa itself is big and spacious and the architects had thoughtfully designed it such that the bathroom opens out into the pool. We had previously stayed at other pool villas and it was always a bit untidy having to trudge through the bedroom after getting out from the pool in order to get to the bathroom.

Our package came with daily breakfast which we could choose to either enjoy in our villa or the restaurant. It was ala carte, which meant you could order anything and everything from the menu. I thoroughly enjoyed the local cuisine and had that every day for breakfast.

We also had dinner once at the restaurant. For the service and the quality, I do not think it is too expensive. Naturally, a much cheaper meal can be had at nearby Nusa Dua but the experience was worth it. Staff addressed us by name and their service was discreet and polite and the presentation of the food was excellent. The food itself was very good.

On another day, we arranged for a candlelight dinner in our pavilion. We had tea at the restaurant and in the thirty minutes we were away, the staff had laid out all the candle lights and flowers for our dinner! Dinner itself was a delightful experience.

We also had massages every single day of our stay there as it came with the package. The spa is, like the rest of the hotel, beautiful. The rooms were big, some with bathtubs which can fit 3 people, and others with jacuzzis and steam rooms. The massages were also excellent, with the exception of the hot crystal therapy which we felt did not do much for our aching backs. The spa menu was very comprehensive, and even had options like hypnotherapy.

The Bale is rather conveniently located, about a few minutes' drive from the Nusa Dua shopping areas. They also provide free transfers to and from Nusa Dua.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in The Bale and would highly recommend it as a honeymoon destination or just a place to relax and unwind.

Date of stay: October 2007