All reviews outdoor shower beach club pool suite discreet service everyone knows your name cold towels small pond bali national golf airport pick beautiful hotel breakfast and dinner welcome drink huge pool beach area other resorts indonesia villa
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I can't say anything bad about this resort/ hotel except for a larger athletic facility and a bigger massage area. The food was very good with lemon grass flavors even breakfast was excellent. Go to bali for the hotels not the beach. Best beach is in Boracay Philippines very affordable !!!

Room Tip: go on a low season from 3rd week of january to may you will have a room upgrade
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Denmayer
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Having stayed and visited Amansara, Amandari, Amankila and Amanusa, and more Aman resorts in the planning, I shall say, Amanusa is the least advantage, in term of breathtaking view and surrounding, but the best in term of architecture and servise. Kerry Hill is doing a good job in term of designing Amanusa 20 years ago and it is still looking good and up to date now.

Although Amanusa do not have a beach front advantage, but they have a private beach bale opposite the road, across the golf course, it is quite convenient to reach there by car. The huge swimming pool surrounded by the main building is very relaxing. At night, the traditional Balinese musician will play at the swimming pool elevated platform, while you could swim with the music. That is amazing. The Thai food is so, so only, maybe I am a serious fan of Thai food, but the Indonesian food, especially the Mee Goreng and Nasi Goreng is delicious. Something, a simple dish is what you need when you could have everything you like.

I would suggest those who want to hop around among the 3 amans in Bali should put Amanusa last, since it is very close to the Airport and Bali is getting very very congested now’s a day.

I personally feel that Amandari is a pretty shy lady in Ubud, Amankila is an arrogant youngster in Manggis (I will tell u why in the next review) and Amanusa is a humble gentleman in Nusa Dua. It is not fair to compare among the amans, as each amans have their own character and unique. I have to admit they all are the best in term of servise and everything. For me, going to amans is just like going to a place to treat your soul. I could sit around the bale, laze around the pool deck or even relax in the sofa , doing nothing for the whole days. Time always pass by quickly in Amanusa. Maybe I just have to come back soon.

It is a privilege to be an amanjunkie, even my kids want to be one.

Room Tip: If you have kids who like play in the pool, take a pool suite. It is worth it and the whole family could spend the whole day in the suite. Take advantage of the complimentary child care for 4 hours, while you could have a private moments with ur partner.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank RickCheng
Reviewed 12 August 2011

You mostly can't go wrong with the Amans; having stayed at some of their other properties. They know the magic to making your stay as relaxing and as stress free as possible. It is not the OTT glam vacation. The property is pristine and the pool is fantastic. The beach club is 10 mins away and is worth the inconvenience. Having said that we had a coupe of unscripted incidents that marred our stay. We found mold in our breakfast and the staff really didn't know how to react. Which was frustrating we ended up cancelling the order but was charged upon check out. Not classy at all. Throughout this no manager came to discuss this with us at all. The food and massage us okay. Unless you a regular Aman junkie. You may be better off at the many other lux resorts.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Amazing hotel. I went with my family for a long weekend and we stayed in a villa with pool. This is not a cheap hotel, nor is it a large one, but it is excellent. The service is very good, the food is excellent. There is no signing of bills which is nice until the end when you get the big bill. The villas are excellent, I heartily recommend the pool villas as they give you the chance to relax in private. The beach is a little drive away (there a great little car that acts as a shuttle). The beach is small but immaculate for Bali, with the same great service that pervades the hotel - you get two sunloungers, a day bed and table and chairs, which is great for a family. In fact for our 1 year old we found it to be a great hotel with beach toys and a selection of games in the library.

The spa has good staff but is set in a slightly converted villa, which is a little disappointing. The food is a good mixture of Italian and local and there is a reasonable selection of wine. The villas are well appointed but the front entrance can be a little un-inspiring. They do have a calm view over the adjacent golf course. On the downside there are a few steps in the resort and an occasional plane flying out over the hotel (although it felt like only one or two a day). Despite being relatively busy for a small hotel the hotel felt quite empty as it has a very low density of villas. However because this is also a relatively small hotel it does mean it is missing some of the features that a large hotel might have - but if you want a great room, good food, service and a fantastic beach then it's great. There was a construction site next door but this could only really be heard at breakfast and in the reception. This is a great hotel and very well run - one of the best I have stayed in, but it's not cheap!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2011

We just returned from a vacation which included 1 night at Amanusa and 4 nights at their fabulous sister resort, Amankila. Originally we had planned to spend 2 nights at Amanusa and 3 nights at Amankila, but after arriving at Amankila and reading the TripAdvisor reviews, we decided to extend our stay at Amankila by 1 night. While we absolutely LOVED Amankila, after arriving at Amanusa and seeing the room, meeting the staff, touring the resort, we were a little bummed we didn't stay with our original plan as we loved this resort just as much as Amankila.

The rooms at Amanusa are sleeker and not as rustic as Amankila. The beach has white sand instead of black like Amankila. Both resorts have top notch staff who are eager to assist in anyway they can.

We had dinner at the Italian restaurant which was DELICIOUS! We ended with sharing tiramisu which was some of the best tiramisu I have ever had. Everything about our dinner experience was wonderful.

The only bummer is a new resort is being constructed next door so it's kind of loud while eating lunch on the terrace. Other than that, you do not hear it as they have closed off the resort rooms that are next to the construction.

The golf course is breathaking and the beach, oh my goodness, the beach!! I could live forever on that beach, enjoying the service provided by the phenomenal Amanusa staff, listening to the waves...truly paradise.

We will be back to Bali Aman resorts, but we will not make the same mistake twice... We will split our time between Amankila and Amanusa to get the best of both worlds.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple