“Great food & service - exquisite mix of ingredients ”
Review of Kayuputi

Kayuputi
Reserve with Chope
Kayuputi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 242 Restaurants in Nusa Dua
Price range: US$20 - US$220
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our 7-time Wine Spectator Award-winning Kayuputi restaurant offers guests an unforgettable dining experience. Serving Asian-influenced haute cuisine backed by a stellar wine list, it is unquestionably Nusa Dua’s most iconic fine dining venue. With magnificent views over the pristine beach and the Indian Ocean, its design seamlessly blends comfort, luxury and intimacy with the indigenous sophistication expected of the St. Regis brand.
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

We loved this place, truly wonderful degustation menu and I would say go for the full experience with wine. The dishes are all uniquely flavored with attention to detail. Favorite was the Tasmanian salmon. The passion fruit dessert was also amazing. Wines matched well overall and service was like clockwork. The breeze outside is great on the water under the stars, recommend to sit out. I would say for the full experience go for it it’s worth it compared to what you get in major cities for the same price. Recommend to reserve a booth outside, it’s the nicest place to
Sit.

BaliStRegis, Director, Food & Beverage at Kayuputi, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear nycsammy,

Thank you so much for sharing an amazing review of our Kayuputi restaurant!

I am so happy that you enjoyed the cuisine we are preparing and that your expectations are met.

We strive every day to present the premium products and services to our esteemed guest like yourself and your appreciation is gratifying.

Thank you once again and we hope to have you return soon.

Director, Food & Beverage

Reviewed 30 April 2018

A near perfect experience, I didn't realize that the entire sunday brunch experience here would be completed seated!

We literally only have one complaint which was that the air conditioning was barely cool. I was in a state of a constant slight sweat the entire time although the space of the restaurant was very small. It did have very high ceilings but this definitely needs to be improved upon as I was patting away constantly at my forehead with tissue from the moment we arrived till we left.

From 11am-12pm you can get a cocktail or wines from a selection from the small bar that's part of the restaurant. The cocktails we ordered were lovely, all very well made, balanced and robust in flavor.

So basically you get a dish of everything from the appetizer menu and a selection of mains which will be served table side but there's a selection of other mains and appetizers that can be ordered as part of brunch.

Our most favorite dishes were the trio of oysters, trio of soups, short rib (most melt in your mouth and rich demi glace), the roast pork belly (fat that melted like warm butter and you barely had to chew), the foie gras brulee, the home made pasta and the chocolate souffle which was stunning.

Things that I didn't enjoy as much were the dragon fruit shorbet, not one component was sweet at all, surprising given how red dragon fruit is usually much sweeter and so the sour cream on top didn't help. The foie gras as lovely as it was and as browned as it looked was not even the slightest bit crisp when it's so easy to make foie gras crispy. Lastly the gorgeous fresh poached crab meat with served with a line of balsamic but this does nothing for the crab. It's so fresh, sweet, light, the balsamic doesn't complement the dish at all and serves purely as a decoration. It could be replaced with something like a lobster bisque reduce or some kind of oil that would go well with the light and sweet crab meat.

Staff overall were extremely knowledgeable, friendly and made pleasant small talk throughout the experience.

This is definitely one of the most expensive sunday brunches in Bali but it was a very worthy experience.

1  Thank Blackmentos94
BaliStRegis, Manager, Food & Beverage at Kayuputi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Dear Blackmentos94,

We are delighted to read your feedback that you enjoyed your dining experience at Kayuputi restaurant and that you were impressed with our staff performance.

Thank you as well for your feedback in reference to the Air conditioning issue and food quality and allow me to assure you that I have personally shared your feedback to our respective department head to further improve on our product and facilities.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Aris Kurniawan Manager,
Food & Beverage

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Located in St.Regis Bali is the best dining experience you can find at least in Nusa Dua!Nothing less than excellent Michelin star like quality Asian/International cuisine! We tried the Baramundi,the crab salad,the prawns risotto,flavours are exploding in your mouth!Excellent wine list,chocolate dessert to die for and overall ambience like a tropical heaven.A dream night coupled by the most professional waiter, Agung to really make your night.Don’t miss the opportunity if you are in Nusa Dua!

Dear Dimitrios G,

Thank you for sharing such an inspiring review of your recent dining experience at our Kayuputi Restaurant.

I am pleased to hear that we have exceeded your expectations in reference with the cuisine, the atmosphere and most importantly our St. Regis signature services we offer.

I will surely share your stunning feedback with the entire team especially Agung as we take pride in our mission to always deliver exceptional services to each of our guest.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back for another mesmerizing dining experience in the future.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

This is the second time I've ever written a negative review. The only other negative review I've ever posted online was back in 2013.

Basically, they ran out of half of the items on the menu from the start. They recommended the set menu, which we quickly decided to choose and then they told us this was also not available. We ordered a beef carpaccio, which later turned out also to not be available.

Comically they said that certain items were available except for the main ingredient: "Oh yes, we have the risotto with octopus, but we ran out of octopus. We also have the assortment of sushi but we ran out everything except salmon, do you like salmon?"

So we made a selection of the remaining half dozen items that were still available. Then we ordered some wine that they recommended, which wasn't corked but tasted like motor oil. We then changed our wine to something a bit more pricey, which also tasted like motor oil (and I'll generally drink anything). Everything on the wine list comes from the beverage cart of coach class on the airlines. You can't even pay extra for something potable. I settled for a simple cocktail that they couldn't possibly screw up. I should add that the waiter very rudely tried to argue with us when we sent back the wine/motor oil.

At this point I should have just left, but I soldiered on. Everything can be excused is the food is decent. Unfortunately the food tastes exactly like the meal that Singapore Airlines serves in business class. That's not really a knock on SQ -- after all it's not easy preparing food at 30,000 ft. But food on land should probably taste better. Between the soggy and tasteless, there were only two edible items (duck dumplings and wagyu beef -- but only the actual slab of beef that's impossible to screw up).

Despite voicing our complaints to the manager, we basically paid in full for everything except a tasteless egg appetizer and the cocktail. What a mess. Wouldn't eat here again and certainly would never stay at the St. Regis despite some of the positive feedback I've had from friends and family who have been to this property.

This place deserves two stars and not one because the experience is so horrible that it's memorable and actually so bad it's hilarious.

3  Thank South_Taro

Dear South_Taro,

Thank you for your review.

Firstly, on behalf of the Management and the entire team of The St. Regis Bali Resort, allow me to express my sincerest regret and apologies for the inconvenience you encountered at our Kayuputi Restaurant.

Please rest assured that I have personally shared your feedback to our Chef and the entire team to further improve our product and services and to ensure this type of issue will not be repeated in the future.

Guest satisfaction is our main concern and by sharing your observations with us, you have helped us stay in touch with the needs of our guests and allowed us the opportunity to look into the areas where we have not delivered the standards we try so hard to maintain.

I hope that this experience will not tarnish your impression of our property and I wish for another chance to welcome you back to the resort to somehow restore your faith on us.

Please do not hesitate to contact me anytime directly as I will be delighted to personally oversee your future visit.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

I never write reviews but this time I have to say!!!! The worst experience ever in my life!!! This place ruined my birthday celebration. Food was average, nothing special, could be much better. Unprofessional and bad customer service, very bad!!! I would not recommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank helenA9956UN
BaliStRegis, Manager, Food & Beverage at Kayuputi, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Dear helenA9956UN,

Thank you for your review.

First of all, I would like to express my sincerest regret and apology for the inconvenience that you encountered during your special day.

Please rest assured that I have personally shared your feedback to the entire team to further improve on our product and services.