“worst hotel ive ever been to”
Review of Simpang Inn

Simpang Inn
Ranked #190 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 20 March 2011

this place is terrible. i arrived late from airport, wanted to book 1st place. i got to this hotel, price was USD $40. room was so-so. i booked. the man told me they will charge me 400,000 rupias. i said how 400,000 is 40*9000 is 360,000? he said "oh my boss said we will exchange 10,000:1 and not 9,000:1". i told him this is not right but he insisted. the charge on my card is exactly $46.91, that means he cheated me for over 10%. room is terrible, sheets dirty, all marked with cigarettes, dirty, smelly, room full of mosquitos, you can never kill them all. at the middle of night some guests started singing, yelling, etc (2 AM) and no one cares. internet is not free in fact they charge 1000 rp per minute that means USD $7 per hour! WOW, crazy. breakfast is worst breakfast ive ever seen. its just 3 smelly local dishes all finished at 9.00 although breakfast is until 9.30. i just turned around and checked out. staff (man) is rude. avoid this place!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank sanditank

Reviewed 11 October 2010

The hotel is ok for the money however I found a much nicer cleaner generally 100% better hotel for the same price!
I hated it's location, despite it being tucked away , when you left the hotel you were immeadietly in the firing line of the "transport , transport - women , women " shouts of the hawkers who certainly in my opinion really begin to ruin your time in Bali!
It's near plenty however you can be anywhere in Kura and be a reasonably short walk from the main streets. the rooms are ok but a bit dark and the first bathroom was leaking in every bit. nothing major however you wouldn't let your shorts hit the floor when using the toilet as they'd be soaked. We didn't mention the bathroom to staff as we just assumed this is the quality to expect for the money. I took a seperate double room once my friend left to go home which was better however still no where near as good as another hotel on Poppies gang II I stayed at for a few nights for the same price! there's a tv in the room but the channels are local and a very bad signal as well. The other thing I found irritating was on a
number of occasions I asked for the wifi code from a number of the hotel staff, none of them apparently had it and only "the boss" had it who never seemed to be in. At the same time , they were still more than happy for you to use the highly overpriced Internet terminal in the hotel!
fyi - There is a much cheaper & faster Internet Cafe across the road..
overall the hotel is ok however I suggest you have a good look around before deciding to stick on this one !

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 11 July 2010

Arrived in Bali late at night and booked into this hotel for one night. I wanted to leave as soon as I saw the room - I couldn't believe this place existed. It's more like one star accommodation. The room and bathroom is old and disgusting and the towel provided was old and ratty, not even sure if it was clean. Would not recommend anyone stay here...way overpriced! Look elsewhere!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 May 2010

I have to say , we had a 'special tariff' on this one, not, this hotel was way too overpriced ! We stayed here for 2 nights and both evenings/nights the electricity went off and on. They wanted to give us another room, a little old rubbish room, and we asked them if they were 'crazy' comparing with our current room (newer) , we wanted to get a discount because of all the trouble but unfortunately they didn't. Those people don't understand how to be polite and run a hotel with which you can make come guests return.... if they had given us any compensations we would've writen a nice review.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 January 2009

Bali is known for its wonderful hospitality and friendly people. We went in a very high season (Christmas holidays) and as other places were already fully booked, we settled with a superior room at this hotel. Considering the price (USD 150 per night), we expected quality and service. Sadly there was lack of both. Our airconditioning did not work and when we reported this to the reception, they sent in different people who knew absolutely nothing about airconditionings (first the bell boy, then the security guard, then a waiter) and kept playing with the remote control. After two tiring hours and nothing fixed, we told the reception that we would like to change rooms. They were being very difficult about it and said that they were fully booked. They did not have any other vacant superior room and as such we were downgraded to another room. When I enquired for a possible reimbursement of my money, again they were being difficult and said that we needed to talk to the manager who had left already. The next morning we spoke to the manager who basically refused to return any money and moved us to another superior room, where the aircon did work but where water pressure was very low. I was enraged but there was nothing that we could do.

Breakfast came with the room but was again very basic and little. The whole place is totally overpriced and it's not worth the money you're paying for.

All in all, very bad impression. No friendlines, no apologies for making us paying customers wait for 2 hours (not even a complimentary drink or something for compensation), no extra service. We left the hotel one day earlier than planned and went to stay at another hotel called Puri Wisata Bungalows, which offered lower prices and so much better service.

I would never ever go back to Simpang Inn again and I would recommend other travellers to seek elsewhere. Kuta has plenty of other options. Being an Indonesian myself, I was disillusioned by this experience. These people need to get some hospitality courses.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)