See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 August 2015

There are a lot of budget places to stay in Kuta. Stay somewhere else. We were desperate for a cheap place to stay after the volcanic ash cloud delayed us a further 3 weeks in Bali, so we found this place, and initially booked in for 10 day. The pool looks ok from the outside, but is dirty, and the decking around it is rotting and I'm surprised none of us fell through it. There is a huge gaping hole next to it down to some industrial looking tanks that I was sure my young children would fall in to. And the coconut trees leaden with coconuts also caused us some concern. The room was relatively clean, but the bed spread was littered with cigarette burns, the bathroom was awful and the toilet ran constantly but wouldn't flush, and there was an army of ants living in it. We asked for a fridge in the room and were told they didn't have any. We then pointed out that the people next door had just had one delivered and suddenly they did have one. It leaked, and didn't work at all. The tv also didn't work. We felt completely unsafe the one night we stayed, and put furniture up against the door - just in case. The breakfast was dreadful, and the straws were filled with goo. The whole experience was dreadful, and I am so thankful we found rooms at the Serela Legian Kuta the next day after one awful night here.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank lemongirl77
Reviewed 19 August 2015

We found ourselves and another family in a jam with accommodation due to volcanic ash and flight cancellations so we checked in here (original plan was for a week) in a pinch trying to keep our costs down.

Gentleman at the front desk was pleasant but the communication was not great. The first room we were given the air conditioner didn't work so they moved us to another room but we had to wait for them to clean after another guest checked out. It wasn't until the next morning that we realised that the bed linen had not been changed from the previous guest!

Our bedroom door had holes in it that instead of being repaired, toilet paper was just stuffed into it. The bin was so filthy that we refused to touch it. The decking around the pool is rotting and at the end with the massage hut/gazebo, it is actually quite a long drop below the deck, with a very large open gap right beside the stairs that we didn't allow our children to go near.

The sad part is that the hotel is in a great location, and the bones of the hotel are good, but the staff are lazy. We ended up staying for just over 24 hours as there was no way we were tolerating this filth for longer and there a lots of staff, but they spend their time sitting and talking. There is so much potential in this hotel and it is being wasted and let to rot, whereas if the staff actually got up and worked they could have a very nice place.

I just need to point out that I am by no means a fusspot, I don't need 5 star. But I do want clean linen, a door that isn't bogged up with toilet paper and to feel safe and Puri Tanah Lot did not give me any of those feelings.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Lenni P
Reviewed 4 July 2015 via mobile

I stayed for a week and the place was quiet. Clean for Bali ( if your expecting 5* cleanliness you won't be happy) the breakfast were good (2eggs, toast, fruit, coffee or tea). Nice pool and accommodation for the price, the staff was helpful. I was alone and sick when I got there. The room service was quick and ok for the cheap prices. I felt safe and would recommend it for low budget traveler.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 January 2015

I stayed here for 12 nights in January 2015.The hotel is located in a little side street of Jalan Melasti, so its about 5 mins walk to the beach.
We paid $35 per night which was for a deluxe room by the pool, this included breakfast, either Nasi Goreng, fruit juice,tea/coffee & fruit or Eggs& Bacon,toast etc.
The room was large & had air conditioning & fridge, a king size bed & flat screen tv.I didn't like the quilt that was on the bed, I put it in the cupboard & asked for an extra sheet. The bathroom was older style with a shower over the bath, there was a bit of mould in the tiles around the shower but nothing too gross.
They cleaned the room every day,fresh sheets & towels.Ok , the towels aren't thick Sheridan qualitybut,the staff were happy to give me extra ones.
The pool is clean,quiet, & surrounded by greenery & there was always a spare sunlounge.
What impressed me about this place is that there weren't any loud bogan Aussies hangin by the pool. The staff were honest, friendly & helpful , we hired scooters from Made for a cheap price.
There is a restaurant, the staff had adequate English &the food was good.
This is a great budget place to stay for $35 a night including breakfas& wifi .A pleasant surprise !

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mel68lovesgili
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stay at home! Cheap, noisy location, no views. Sheets clean but old, dirty quilt on bed yuk! No fridge or tea/coffee facilities in room. Very dated, view from restaurant of noisy, dirty street. Restaurant staff have very poor English, so what you get is a surprise.

Room Tip: Near pool, not on top floor
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family