“In Kuta, but quiet”
Review of Ida Hotel

Ida Hotel
Ranked #80 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 15 January 2012

For my first trip to Bali, I decided to stay in Kuta at the beginning of my trip, before visiting the rest of the island. However, I also wanted to stay in a quiet place. I did enjoy Ida hotel because it's located in a very quiet area. It's a 10' walk to the beach and 5' to shops and restaurants. The front staff was ok and there is a nice small pool. The breakfast buffet is just acceptable. Overall, I would recommand this hotel that I found simple, but convenient.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank paco_474

Reviewed 7 January 2012

We stayed at Ida Hotel for two nights. The rooms were spacious and clean but the bathroom was dark and smelled like sewage. The room had a balcony overlooking the pool, which was nice. Our room's AC was acting up but the staff were friendly and helpful, even if the language barrier did make it very difficult to communicate.

Food at Ida is ok but I would recommend trying to eat out. Breakfast was ok, where they served eggs and bacon and bread. Restaurant's staff was very friendly.

My only complaint about this hotel is their front desk staff. They are very unwelcoming and almost rude. When I asked them for help regarding wifi and rebooking another stay, it almost felt like they didn't want me to be there. This made us change our minds about returning.

Also, I made a mistake and left my camera at the hotel. I called back about it but they denied having my camera. There was nowhere else my camera could have been except in their room or on their counter at the front desk. I can't prove they have it but it wasn't left anywhere else.

Room Tip: Rooms at the top floor was much better as it over looked the pool and got more light and breeze.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaiMaiLim
Reviewed 12 November 2011

I stayed at the Ida hotel over new years 2010. Paid very little for the 8 nights stay and got my moneys worth. Ideal for anyone going to kuta to be out for most of the day/night and just be at the hotel to sleep. Don't touch the food they are cooking as it is horrible and un hygenic! We saw a cat in the kitchen towards the end of our stay. Great pool and good bar service in the pool. Overall a cheap place for people to stay. Highly recommend for schoolies goers!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Kuta might be the worst city i visited in Bali, too crowded, too noisy and touristic but the hotel was hidden in the small street without any noise from the street. Nice swimming pool, room quite basic but ok. the only problem was the" so many" mosquitoes and the bathroom's window were made not to close. bathroom not very clean too. the good point is they offer us a welcome drink as our room was not ready. In overall, i find this hotel expensive

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Me and my husband stayed at The Ida for 4 nights and it wasn’t an enjoyable stay. We stayed in a poolside room, the room was very dark and basic, the facilities included a fridge and TV. The bathroom felt dirty, it had a very small sink and the windows were made not to close, which meant lots of mosquitoes could come in the room and as there was no mosquito provided it meant we had to cover ourselves in repellent before bed. The pool area was nice and there was a poolside spa with very cheap massages, manicures and pedicures. Although on our first day the hotel did have karaoke in the restaurant which wasn’t very nice to listen to whilst relaxing by the pool, I think if they are going to hold karaoke that it should be later on in the day, perhaps early evening. The food in the restaurant was ok but a little overpriced. The location was good it was about a 5 minute walk to the beach and Jalan Legian, however the hotel is situated down some dark alleys which don’t feel very safe at night.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple