“BE CAREFUL IF YOU BOOK HERE”
Review of Bali Rani Hotel

Bali Rani Hotel
Ranked #92 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 23 July 2017

We booked the Bali Rani as we were looking for a hotel in the heart of Kuta and friends always stay here and recommended it. The location was perfect and it is exactly what we wanted for that. Mini marts nearby, Waterbom just down the road, plenty of good restaurants and the Discovery mall nearby. However on checking in we were advised that they had overbooked and they instead had moved us to their sister hotel at a different location. I had previously read on Tripadvisor that this had happened to someone but felt it was probably some "one of" but obviously not!! We were holidaying with another family who were only coming to Bali as company for our my son who had checked in the day before (who had no problem) and because of this I demanded that we be allocated a room at the hotel we had booked and paid for over seven months before! It took getting my travel agent on the phone in Perth and a great deal of time before my request was finally accommodated. I have since found out it seems if you book the adjoining rooms when you have family etc. you don't seem to get a problem because they do not have this type of accommodation at their other facility but if you book just a regular room you are at risk of being moved to the sister hotel!!! (Both my friends who recommended the hotel and the friends who accompanied us this time had booked the family rooms). We ended up being put in one of the rooms that has the adjoining door so suitable for a family booking, which was near the pool. The view was great and the room had a queen and single bed in in and a couch. All the usual facilities such as bar, safe etc. You have a nice chair and table out the front to sit and look at the pool. Breakfast was ordinary (not the best choices I have had in Bali) but it did have an egg station and a variety of other dishes which were cooked well. The staff were friendly and helpful "most of the time". I would like to say I would stay here again as it was value for money and a great location but I don't think I would be prepared to take the risk unless I was booking a family room!

Room Tip: A family room by the pool
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Anton A, Manajer Hubungan Masyarakat at Bali Rani Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear Jenny J,
Thank you for staying at Bali Rani Hotel and keen to share your experience with other traveler.
Thank you for pointing out some of good factors about our hotel. However, on behalf of Bali Rani Hotel team, I would like to apologize for what happened during your check in time. We encourage you and other traveler to not be afraid with us. Sometimes in digital era, glitch still could happen but we are trying hard to avoid such things. Unfortunately, we had it before but now everything back to normal. We are not stopping and will keep making improvement for a better service.
We hope you would come back in the future, either staying in Superior Room or other types of room, you and every guests is special for us.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Have just returned from a week stay at Bali Rani. Unfortunately we booked a superior room facing the lotus pond. Room was small, dark and all linen that was once white had turned grey and was obviously old and overused. No ventilation in the bathroom, and entire room constantly smelt like sewerage. Superior Rooms very noisy as they are a direct thoroughfare for the entire hotel. We asked for a baby cot when booking & upon arrival and we never received it. Bed mattress so really hard & uncomfortable.
Light fitting fell out the roof. Breakfast was average with not a lot of variety.
Best thing about hotel was the breakfast and security staff whom were all lovely, and the location is great too. Unfortunately we won't be coming back to stay at Bali rani.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Katelyn K

Dear Katelyn K,
Thank you for staying with Bali Rani Hotel…

On behalf of the management, I would like to express our sincere apologize. It is never our intentions to make our guest feel dissatisfied with our hotel. I already brought this matter to our managers and team for a better improvement. We also still investigate your request over baby cot which didn’t go as it supposed to be, we will take serious actions to make sure that this won’t happen again in the future.
Again, we are truly sorry about what you had experience with us, we hope you could give us a chance to have you here again and let you see our better improvement in the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Bali Rani located at prime Kuta street where it's so easy to find food, restaurant, 24 hours mini mart,ATM,mall, Kuta beach and street shops.
As Bali somehow become traffic jam, we would like to make our trip as easy as it goes, by walking and relax to nearest places.
And Bali Rani is a great option here with spacious room, friendly staff and not crowded customers.

Room Tip: If you bring small baby, you better ask them to provide room not too close to swimming pool. It'...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank DeHeavenTour
Anton A, Manajer Hubungan Masyarakat at Bali Rani Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Dear DeHeavenTour,

Firstly, I would like to say thank you for sharing such a charming review of Bali Rani Hotel with the TripAdvisor users.
I am thrilled you had such a pleasant stay with us and found all the comforts you had expected. We are honored you choose our hotel to spend your time in Bali.
Also, it is really nice to see you highlighting some of the positive factors that made your stay much more enjoyable and I truly appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to thoroughly detail your experience and share your memories too.
I have shared your lovely review with my team and they were very much enthused to receive such positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back again to Bali Rani Hotel.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Excellent central located hotel with very friendly staff who went out of their way to find places we were looking for. Especialy Jackie Chan (Looks just like him ) Extremely busy area but if your looking for something exciting that's the place to be.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear JokeDek,

Thank you for staying with us and keen to share your experience with TripAdvisor user…. I was glad to hear that you found our location is close to the places that people like to go to.
Our ladies and gentlemen always committed to fulfill all the expressed and unexpressed wishes and needs of our most esteemed guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back for some good Bali time.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

This was our first time in Bali and after doing some research we decided on the Bali rani hotel. It was everything that we wanted, central location. When we arrived we were told that we had been upgraded to a deluxe family suite, which turned out to be right next to the pool. We had a great fortnight here and we were sad to leave. We met some great people.

Location of hotel

The location was just simply amazing, it was literally 5 mins from the airport. was right in the heart of the main area. There are some amazing restaurants all the way down the strip on both sides and down on the beach, especially boardwalk. We had one of the best meals I've ever had on holiday here. Also there are three shopping malls, which have all the shops that you would expect to see. My only gripe would be is the guys trying to sell the time share places. My advice would be to take one of their cards the first day and keep it with you all holiday. That way although they'll still try to give you one you can say" I got one from you yesterday". This seemed to work most days. If not just keep walking and tell them you're not interested. There are plenty of places to change money especially the convience store right next door to the hotel. We got the best rates here, so we used this all holiday. There are lots of things to do and see in kuta. Right down the road is the water bom water park. This is a bid draw for families.

Breakfast

was good although it could better, it was just little things that could be tweaked. I like mushrooms and they only seemed to have these once or twice. The egg station is good but sometimes people seemed to push in even though you were waiting patiently. The staff could treat everyone the same. As brits we were the odd ones out, the hotel has returning Aussie guests and they sometimes seem to get favoured.

Room

was great, big/comfy bed, great pillows, big bathroom. Plenty of space for bits and pieces.

Pool

Wasn't that big but big enough if you just wanted to cool off. There were enough beds when we were there but it was their low season, so might struggle in high season.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone, great for a first time trip to Bali.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank minstrel78

Dear Minstrel78,

Thank you for leaving a very nice review on out Trip Advisor page…
Your praise about our property and service is truly a charming one. I will share this review to the rest of the staff and they surely will be very happy. Please come again to spend nice Bali Holiday with us. Also, thank you for recommend us to the people around you, we are really appreciate it.

Again, thank you and we look forward to see you soon!