“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #104 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Margaret River, Australia
“Excellent Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

Stayed 7 Nights and the Rani was Excellent, would have given it a 5 rating but need room to move if we ever find something better.
Price was excellent, I have read a lot of reviews and a few seem to complain about poor quality breakfast, well we both found the breakfast excellent with something different each day, I would suggest the people complaining haven't stayed in many hotels elsewhere, we live in Country West Australia and stay regularly in Perth Hotels, the Rani would be 5 star compared to some of these.
Others complained about the drink prices, a Bintang Stubbie was around $AU3-50 compared with $AU8-00 in Perth bars, the best value for beer is the beach bars at Kuta where a beer, chair and use of a stubby holder was $AU2-00 and the best view of any bar in the world, you can buy a carton of 24 bintangs next door to the Rani for less than $AU30 and drink them on your balcony if you wish anyhow.
We had a couple of meals at the Rani Brassiere, excellent prices, I had a surf and turf one night, was big melt in your mouth steak and 4 big prawns with garlic sauce, chips and veggies (or salad) cost $AU14-00, wife had the best pork ribs ever tasted for around $11.
The hotel is right next door to the Kodak Shop which is the best and most trusted money exchanger around, they also sell Alcohol and Cigarettes and other Deli Items, Waterbom park is around 5 mins away and the Centro Discovery Mall directly across the road and plenty of restaurants nearby and at Centro, walk through Centro and down to beach and there is a great path walk to Kuta Beach and the Bars.
The Rani isn't perfect but for the price it's fantastic, friendly staff, nice size pool, the only small faults we could find, they need more pool chairs or at least police it better, people would put towels on chairs to reserve them at 8am and not use them until lunch time, rules are if not used within 30 mins towels can be removed, the only other complaint I have is no free WIFI, you can pay $5 for an hour though, I mainly wanted the net for 5 mins in the morning for emails, most cafe's at Centro have free access.
Our fridge didn't work properly for the first day but this was eventually swapped.
Did notice a few complained about roosters and chickens, this seems the norm around Kuta and the eggs taste alright at breakfast, I didn't notice the noise much, but we are from the country and early risers, was our first Bali trip and didn't want to stay in bed all morning anyhow.
Will stay again in August 2012, we are going to Bali again March 2012 and staying at the Vira, couldn't get into the Rani, will review the vira on return

Room Tip: Most ground floor rooms open into the pool area but a smaller, delaux rooms are on 2nd and 3rd floor...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Nocky-1961

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

My wife and I spent one night in the Kuta area at Bali Rani in mid-January. It was a nice, spacious room close to plenty of places to eat. We stayed in a deluxe room that had apparently been recently remodeled which had a safety deposit box (I only mention, because I have read from others that their room did not). The breakfast was decent, but nothing special. The only hassle we had was that our key card quit working and the staff didn't seem to understand, so we couldn't get it replaced. They let us in the room and we just decided to not worry about it, because we were leaving in the morning.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michael D
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

Initial did heard about some bad remarks on hotel Rani, but I'm a person who preferred to experience itself .
Environment good, breakfast satisfactory, staff quite friendly & room service is good , but the most amazing is , my birthday falls on the 22nd Jan 2012 and when I came back from outdoor shopping, I was so touch that , they actually send me a birthday cake, which took me & my families by surprised.
When my next Bali holiday , without hesitation Rani hotel my first choice, I even put up on my Facebook to recommend my friends.

Happy staying

Room Tip: Family with more then 4 , they auto upgrade for you without add charge, what I encounter.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank cooledix
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

We've been there for 5 nights. It was clean and located in main street of Kuta, so if you are looking for pub and restaurant you'll like the place. It's so close to water park (waterbom, which is so amazing) There wasn't any safety box in the room, but you can use the boxes at reception. The staff are so friendly but have some problem in speaking English. There is no A/C in the lobby and restaurant, they are located in open area, so there are many flies while you are having breakfast. I got the room at the reception so the price was a bit high in comparison to a 4-star hotel which doesn't have free wi-fi even in lobby.

Room Tip: There are 2 types of room, Pool view and a beautiful pond&garden view which both of them are nic...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BehnamBi
Melaka, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

This hotel is located in the main street of Kuta. There are many hotels along this street. The hotel exudes a BAli style charm with lots of greens and not one of those high rise hotel. - my rooms have a balcony with chairs that you can seat to enjoy the view overlooking the swimming pool. The rooms are clean and the service staff are very polite and courteous.
I loved the location as I was able to walk out of the hotel and onto the street are so many pubs, restaurants and shopping malls.
Breakfast was simple and though it is not a huge spread but overall it is ok.
The rooms are clean and have all the amenities with coffee and teas.
The only complaint that I would have is that the breakfast area is hot and stuffy with inadequate fans. I was there in December which was a rainy season and I can imagine the heat during the summer!
I would recommend this hotel for families due to its location and the style of the hotel.

Room Tip: If you have a family, choose a room on the ground floor that opens out onto the swimming pool. It is...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple