All reviews club room swim up bar pool area would stay again cleaned daily mini bar deluxe rooms egg station the hustle and bustle nice pool discovery mall kbc pools bali matahari brekky wayan
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Very disappointing new rooms were not available after being told all finished. Requested bottom room due to family member having broken foot. Got rooms people still in them. Then were put upstairs. Desk manager did not care about mix up at all said nothing he could do. The same thing happened to about 4 other guests we spoke to. Breakfast was not good either first morning nothing there and very poor qualtity.Pool bar drinks were warm and some of staff had know idea what they were doing. Using dirty glasses to serve cocktails and watering them down. Alot more training needed by Resort owner. Very disappointing as resort had good reviews and photos nothing like what we experienced

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank kbrowne2018
Reviewed 15 May 2018

Where do I start, the worst htel I have ever stayed! Worst experience for check in we were given a room only to find people where already in the room so they offered my husband and I a room with single beds not what we booked, they then proceeded to give us a room upstairs which I specifically asked for ground room due to broken foot. The rooms upstairs are spacious and the bathroom was nice except for some mould in the bathroom tiles otherwise comfortable. The fridge leaks and nothing stays cold and the air con only has one setting, the manager was rude and really did not care if we got what we paid for or the difficulty of having to go up and down stairs. The pool is nice but don't order drinks from the pool bar as they water everything down and beers are warm, some of the staff don't know how to make drinks from their very limited cocktail list and we watched one of them put a drink in a dirty glass and the other tasted the drink before hading it over to the customer. The breakfast well don't bother, complaints are everyday and the talk around the pool. The hotel is conveniently located to Kuta and the beach and the rooms are clean. Some renovations still going on and the hotel will be known as Sol in the future, the new section is nice but rooms appear small and I suspect will be very noisy. I travel to Bali a lot and stay in different hotels but this one I don't recommend and I certainly will not be returning. Do yourself a favour and skip this hotel as we have spoken to many of the people staying here and they all have something to complain about with this hotel.

Room tip: Recommend you book a club room but you're not guaranteed you will get what you booked.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Sigi R
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

We went to Bali just last week and we booked our room like one month ago before our arrival date. The price is very budget friendly and the place is like a 4 star hotel for me. I am also impressed that the receptionist at the hotel is very good in eglish and he is really accomodating too. The staffs were also friendly and always greets you every time they see you. Some of the staffs can’t speak english but u can see that they are really trying just to accomodate your questions and they are always smiling. You can see that the hotel is new or more likely being renovated and also when we arrive at the hotel the main entrance of the lobby is under renovation, i guess they are putting up like cafes or bars, but when after our stay of 5 days when we left the hotel it is already finished so the hotel is much interesting now. And the food, we have free daily breakfast buffet and they served american and locals dishes too. I would say it is decent enough and it tastes also good. And lastly their pool is very calming it’s not cold but not too warm. It’s very clean as well and very spacious especially if a lot of guests will take a swim. I would just suggest to put up more lights because it’s kinda dark when we swim at night and it’s very nice to swim after a whole day bali tour. Overall I will give the hotel 4.5 out of 5.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Kathleen O
Reviewed 11 May 2018

My husband and I travelled to Bali for our anniversary, we have travelled many times now however this was the first time staying at Kuta Beach Club, soon to be known as Sol. Great location as it is walking distance to everything you need and hope for. With buzzing renovation and preparation for the ceremony (that we sadly missed by one night) the noise was not an issue and all involved were very respectful to guest as they minimised any inconvenience to your stay, so please do not be worried how this will effect your stay, as it won’t. On my first day I managed to have a fall, all the staff were absolutely amazing and displayed what beautiful human compassion they have. Danny the project manager was the first to respond as he was right there, what a kind caring man he is even checking how I was going each time he saw us. Fernando the hotel manager is an absolute genuine, beautiful, compassionate, kind and caring man that had time to check in with how I was traveling after my fall and continued to make sure I was okay. His engagement skills and willingness to sit chat and tell us all about the plans and renovations occurring is a asset to the business, what a win for Kuta Beach Club (Sol) in securing Fernando as he gets the big things and little things people remember. I could not fault the staff as they all acknowledged you everyday with a smile and verbal greeting, even when waiting for your driver the security staff were all amazing as they made sure you were okay getting you a seat if need and having a laugh and smile with you. Our room was clean and comfortable and house keeping staff accomodating to there cleaning routine as they moved to the next room and the next room as we organised ourselves for our day out. We had the most beautiful anniversary dinner that Fernando and staff organised and prepared for us, this was set up right beside the pool with candles all around and beautiful flowers with even our very own amazing waiter Addy. What a beautiful young man he is, he made us feel very special as he took care of us. Addy is engaging, willing to have a conversation and a laugh, making sure our special moment was captured and he has a real sense of professionalism, pride and care for guests and his profession, thank you for allowing us the privilege to meet and experience the wonderful Addy and just like Fernando what a win for Kuta Beach Club (Sol) securing Addy and what a bright future Addy has ahead with his professionalism, friendliness, compassion, care and engagement skills. You will not be disappointed if you book your experience here and have the privilege of meeting the wonderful people mentioned. I look forward to our next stay with Kuta Beach Club (Sol) and seeing all the progress with the renovations and seeing all the wonderful amazing people we met on this stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Family3-2000
Reviewed 11 May 2018

highly recommend this hotel service was excellent special thanks to Wania who's service was great, rooms were good, both swimming pools were great, only down side is there was no assistance with baggage when we got there and when we checked out, which was a bit hard when i was travelling with my mum who is 76, Also need to improve on their cocktail making.

1  Thank Julie S