“Great base for exploring Bali”

Best Western Resort Kuta
Ranked #119 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 7 February 2012

This was my first trip to Bali, and wanted a reasonably-priced hotel not too far from the airport as a base for exploring. Am pleased to say that the Best Western fitted the bill perfectly. The hotel is relatively compact, but the rooms are a good size, and mine had a good standard of cleanliness. They also come with all the amenities you'd expect, including a decent air conditioner. As some other reviews have mentioned, the rooms are showing a little bit of wear and tear on the walls and floor, but certainly nothing that detracts from the comfort. The hotel will give you a code for free hotel-wide WiFi access which is a real plus.
The hotel isn't in the middle of Kuta, but if you're reasonably active, it's perfectly walkable. (Tip - if you're going to explore on foot, print some road/satellite hybrid maps from Google Maps of the areas you'll be visiting. Most of Bali's roads are no more than narrow alleyways, are often poorly signed and difficult to identify on normal road maps - having the visual references on the satellite maps really helps locate where you are!)
In summary, if you're looking for mega-resort with a lagoon-sized pool where you can fall out of bed onto the beach, there are probably more suitable hotels for you. If though you want a reasonably-priced, clean base to simply lay your head every evening, then you could do a lot worse than the Best Western!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank AndyI2

Reviewed 28 January 2012

I stayed this resort twice .First time alone and next time with my family. Friendly staff. Swimming pool area is god with a cafe and restaurant in the same area. Has transport from airport .My family is happy in staying this property.

Room Tip: Don't choose in the ground floor .Better 1st floor
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We stayed for a week during the christmas period.We arrived at New year eve and it was no hot water in room.I asked the reception and nobody came up to see what's happenning.It was the worst one we expected after a long trip.The guy said it's a problem for whole the resort not just yours and our people are working on it!!!.We were waiting until next day's lunch time.Nothing at all!!
I went there and asked again angrily and they changed my room.I found it was just my problem not all the people.Very nice welcome with lying!!
Breakfast and dinner are terrible.Streets around this resort are so narrow,dark and scary in night and full of motorbikes.
Most of staffs are ok and internet is the only good thing.
Never recommend to any one.A terrible memory for me and my wife of Bali in first travelling.

Room Tip: "Fight for your Rights"
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank australia2012
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Hi guys,
As I promised in my previous review of this hotel, I have stayed here again and here is my new review:

Note: Upon arrival for check-in, you are greeted with a lovely orange fruit drink courtesy of Best Western. Only a small portion but beautiful gesture none the less.

The hotel is still perfect. We had absolutely no problems, we managed to lock our swipe card in our room so we informed staff, they resolved it immediately! the price was unbeatable, it was very tidy and hygienic, the staff were as friendly and helpful as ever, the pool was beautiful and the food was amazing! Believe it or not, I am returning in April this year (2012) and I will be staying once more in this hotel, I do not dare go anywhere else for this hotel has everything to suit my needs. If you are a first time go-er or returning to Bali for another vacation, look no further. This hotel is rated 4 star though I believe it should be 5.
Two visits now and both times perfect, can't go wrong. The circle K deli is directly across the road from the hotel entrance, the pool is always warm and clean, absolutely lovely!
Any questions, feel free to ask! and I hope you choose Best Western!

Room Tip: room 1120 or 1121 are the most convenient rooms for they are the first rooms you see as you exit rec...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Stayed here from 20th Dec - 24th Dec 2011. Hotel is located 10 minutes from the airport - but very far and out the way of the main resort of Kuta. You will need to get a taxi or a bike to get anywhere - as there is not much in walking distance from the hotel. Room was very clean and a decent size and the bed was comfy. The breakfast was ok as we were only expecting a continental breakfast but it included hot food buffett style - only be prepared to wait a while for your egg order! Breakfast service is not ver organised but the hotel was busy. I think we were the only English tourists staying there it was mainly Asian families and a few Australians. Pool was nice - prices are little expensive at the pool bar but its a hotel afterall. I probably wouldn't choose to stay here again but it was value for money.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends