“Good location on the beach in Seminyak”

Hotel Kumala Pantai
Ranked #31 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 26 March 2012

The hotel is located on the beach at Seminyak, is reasonably priced with exceptional garden grounds and the pool area is large & spacious. The balcony was large and I spend evenings out reading a book. Because of the gardens & water features, the mosquito population can get very frantic as the sun goes down. The breakfast was reasonable but not exceptional with the restaurant in the evening usually busy.
I would stay again at this hotel due to the location in Seminyak, the competitive pricing and spacious rooms.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank viatalium

Reviewed 23 March 2012

Well after going to Bali 3 years ago and staying at Kumala Pantai and having a wonderful holiday with my husband and kids, this was the worst time of my life. After arriving at the hotel to find it all seemed to be the same in appearance , accept for a few more statues in the front foyer, my first night there the airconditioning was not working, the hotel has major construction on both side which goes all day and into the night, I think it only stopped because of the rain, So no sleep night one, thought I would then go and enjoy a swim on the beach, only to be confronted by the horrible smell of sewerage and the beach covered in filth, rubbish in was disgusting the smell was so bad I returned to swim in the pool which was great. The groups of dogs on the beach were of great concerned as they have rabies. Night two no sleep again due to noise. After finally going and complaining , the staff we helpful and moved me to another room, but the airconditioning also did not work. They could not accomodate me to another room for a couple of days. Unfortunately that was not acceptable, so I moved to another hotel, down in Tuban where the water was clean, no smell of sewerage and the dogs were not a problem and the airconditioning worked fantastically. I was very dissappointed with Kumala Pantai the construction is going to be going on for a long time next door on either side of the hotel, if you want a relaxing holiday DONT GO TO KUMALA PANTAI im only glad my family did not come this time otherwise they would have never stopped complaining.The terrible thing was that I had to pay for this disgusting service as they would not refund any of my money, I could understand the non refundable deposit but the rest was a disgrace.

Room Tip: Dont stay there and it will be perfect, choose a less noisy hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
12  Thank kim c
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We only stayed for a very brief one night and had a good stay. The hotel is a lot larger than I thought it would be, but so well set out you felt you had plenty of privacy and not stuck in endless rows of same-same rooms. From the outside, all the buildings and rooms appear the same, with lots of green gardens between the blocks. We stayed in B block that was really nice. We overlooked the large pool, but with heaps of folage to screen off our balcony.
The room was OK - pretty much a standard hotel room. Good size room, good bathroom with separate shower and bath (not the all-in-one shower over bath that most have thankfully). Breakfast had a good selection and it was so nice to sit out near the beach with a coffee in the morning.
We had an afternoon dip in the pool to cool off, but didn't spend much time in the room at all. However, the bed was totally comfy, slept like a log, and I couldn't fault it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KGB_4
Reviewed 21 March 2012

This is now my 10th trip to bali and I try to stay somewhere different each time I go. In saying this I have stayed in 2 star hotels and also in 5 star hotels. The Kumala Pantai is one of my favourites. From the moment we arrived ( 3 mid thirty ladies) we were shown warmth and hospitable service. The checkin staff were lovely and it didnt take long until we were shown to our room. A little dissapointing that the third bed was not yet set up but this was done within the hour. The room was big enough for the three of us and the bathroom was one of the biggest I have seen in Bali with a seperate bath and shower.
The service at this hotel was faultless. Breaksfast was good with an assortment of pastries, indonesion and western food as well as eggs any way you like. Plates were cleaned from our table the moment we had finished with them and someone was always around to refill coffee and tea.
We ordered pool service one day and were surprised how quickly this arrived and that the price was reasonable and the fod hot and tasty. We ate at the restrauant one night by default. We had originally gone looking for somewhere else and being a sat night we wanted a band but nothing else along the beachfront had anything like this so we returned to the Italian restrauant at the hotel where a band was playing. We had a lovely meal of prawns and pizza for a reasonable cost and enjoyed every mouthful. The band was a little old fashioned playing alot of country and western but other than that we were extremly happy.

We would definatley travel here again and I am looking at rebooking in November. The only reason i wouldnt visit this hotel is that I am returning with my younger children next visit and the area of Legian is not an ideal area for them otherwise I would have booked these in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank jodie1977
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We keep returning to this hotel. We think this is our 6th or 7th time here. What's so good? Well the staff are just brilliant, everyone from the reception to the pool staff to the room staff are lovely. Nothing is too much trouble. They are friendly, polite and remember your name. The rooms and bathrooms are large and have a private balcony. The bathroom has a bath and seperate shower. There is a bar fridge (with mini bar) and a TV, which has at least the news in English, there may be more English speaking channels but we don't watch TV much. The bed is quite firm but we sleep well and the all rooms have AC. The hotel is about 10 or so years old and the rooms in the original block are beginning to look a little tired, maybe a cracked tile or some very obvious re-grouting, but nothing major that would put you off. We loved having a drink on the balcony before heading out for the evening, it is so peaceful and the view of the pool and gardens is gorgeous. Restaurant food is very good and very reasonably priced. Breakfast is buffet style and is included in the room rate and has a good selection. Eggs are cooked to order. Breakfast is taken on the restaurant terrace with a view of the beach, which is just a few steps away. The pool area is lovely with plenty of sun loungers and pool towels available. One of the pools has a swim up bar. The hotel also has a spa and hairdresser. There are plenty of shops and restaurants within walking distance and the fancier restaurants in Oberoi Street are only a short taxi ride away. I know that everyone says how the Balinese are a lovely friendly people, but we just feel a little bit more special when staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are good as you don't hear people above you moving balcony furniture around and...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank LePhews
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
0.1 km away
Kuta Paradiso Hotel
#41 of 251 in Kuta
0.2 km away
The Camakila Legian Bali

Been to Hotel Kumala Pantai? Share your experiences!