“most stylish budget hotel; perfectly clean!”

Tanaya Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 282 Kuta B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 June 2010

we stayed in tanaya to get close to kuta beach on our honeymoon last may 2010. we needed a budget hotel since we'll be spending most of the time exploring kuta, anyway. tanaya looked great in the website and it's just the way it is in person. the rooms are quite roomy, very very clean and modern. The beddings are unexpectedly good. Even if it's right at the center of kuta, the outside noise was not really a bother when you are inside your room.

breakfast is quite light - some bread and fruits plus a choice of guava or apple juice but the breakfast area is cozy. tanaya looked like a small boutique hotel right at the center of kuta. only drawback is that there's no refrigerator in the room and they lack a bit of storage area in the form of cabinets but since you are only paying less than $50 USD for a night, i really didnt mind this.

Overall - excellent location, good value for your money and squeaky clean hotel. would gladly stay here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
dedaun, Guest Relations Manager at Tanaya Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2010

Dear Mr/s. Deannedalisay,

Warm greeting from Tanaya B&B . . . .

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Tanaya Bed & Breakfast during your trip to Bali.

We are delighted to know that you have experienced a beautiful honeymoon moment in our property. It is our great pleasure to provide you all the best services for your stay.

Thank you once again for your stay and we always welcoming you back at Tanaya B&B in the near future.

Warmest regards,
Tanaya Management

Reviewed 6 June 2010

We stayed there only two nights: one in the beginning of our trip and another in the end. Stayed in Deluxe room and really liked it - new and clean, good bathroom, nice design. The no-view window wasn't a surprise, cause we saw the pictures on their website :)

The staff is friendly, though it took some time to check in. They asked all the information and the photocopies of our passports (no other hotel did).

The breakfast is served at the nice open terrace. Unfortunately, the breakfast time starts at 7:30, so we ate it only once. Also there is good free wifi in the lobby, and one PC.

Well, the only thing I didn't like was taking +3% when paying by credit card, but it seems quite usual in Indonesia.

Legian street was really busy, but it took us 15-20 min to get to the airport in the morning. Beach is about 10 min walk. And there is good restaurant/bar just near the hotel it, but I don't remember it's name :)

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2010

location.price,clean rooms.amazing staff big clubs next door(bounty, sky garden and m bar go) mini markets, ATM shops,massages shops ...

MR: FAWAZ APRIL 2010

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 February 2010

Hiya Tavellers, I just want to share my holiday at Tanaya Bed&Breakfast Legian....

I stay here for 5 days start from february 4th, 2010a nd I took deluxe twin bed room

The Hotel just New and Totally Refurbished....Tat's why the name this hotel still unfamiliar for the people here, bcoz after refurbished the name changed from Bamboo to Tanaya

The Hotel Located Right on Legian street, not to far from the bombing monumen.

The Staff were nice, especially si "Mboh" at the receptionist desk, she is really nice and will keep ur belongings then put it into ur room perfectly in case u arrive before the check-in time at 2 PM, so we can bike around Kuta while wait for the room which available just in front of the hotel for only 50.000 IDR perday.

About the Room was Great, The bed just absolutely comfortable and u will get LCD TV with international channel in ur room

The Breakfast was Good. U will get Continental Breakfast with a galss of juice, tea/coffee, plate of fruit, and 3 kinds of breads. Just Im Hopin it was a buffe...but it's oke compare to the low price...

About the price is absolutely reasonable, around 400.000 IDR per nite for the deluxe room.

For additional info : they always clean ur room everyday...they also change the towel with the new one everyday also with the linen....It's refreshing after gettin back from the outside then when u get back ur room is clean and fresh again...

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank cenditravelover
Reviewed 29 January 2010

I generally travel solo and tend to look for hotels in around the $40 - $50 price range while in SE Asia. For that price, I know that I won't get 5-star facilities, but I know it's a reasonable amount to spend on a place here. At the very least, I expect a CLEAN, NO-FRILLS kind of place...if I get extras, then that's just a great bonus.

With that in mind, I booked Tanaya based on the rave reviews I read on Trip Advisor. While the hotel certainly has its advantages, it also has some other important drawbacks, and my experience was not exactly what I had hoped for.

GOOD THINGS?

The location is good, if you like staying in the Kuta/Legian area and you don't hear the noise from the street once in the room.
The front office staff and especially the breakfast staff are quite friendly and sweet.
The hotel is relatively new - there are not many to match it in its price range.
The breakfasts are continental, which I enjoyed, and I liked the way that they changed it up a little every day, to keep it interesting. The fresh fruit and pastries are nice, and try the guava juice, as it's really nice.
Internet is free (computer works most of the time).
Excellent selection of channels if you want to watch television while in the room - best I have seen yet.

NOT-SO-GOOD THINGS

I made my reservation online and I arrived in Bali from Bangkok. When I got to the hotel, they didn't have my booking and said they had no rooms left, regardless of the fact that I had a computer printout with the details and that I had paid a deposit. They wanted to move me to another hotel. It took two hours, some determination, and having to talk with the manager, but finally, they 'found' me a room.

The price of the room: I felt very ripped off by them in relation to the cost. On the internet, the rate was advertised as 42 USD per night, rather than in the local Rupiah currency. However, when they bill you, they charge you in Rupiah at their own hotel rate, which worked out to be about $46 USD a night. I found this to be really deceitful. If you decide to stay there, get the price in Rupiahs right from the start, so you know what you are really paying.

The CLEANLINESS. At first glance, when you walk into the lobby and into the rooms, they look really nice. However, if cleanliness is important to you and you are observant, you will see that the cleaning that they do is 'surface cleaning'. Plus, I speak this with some experience, because due to the whole room mix-up, they asked me to change my room 3 times during a 5-night stay, and I noticed the lack of proper cleanliness throughout all three rooms I stayed in.
Examples?? Peanuts and potato chip crumbles on the floor, toilets not properly cleaned (the underside of the bowl and the back of the base of the toilet, when you lower the lid, plus, behind the toilets). Bright red blood stains on one of the immaculately pressed white bed sheets. Remnants of a cockroach in the shower (they have a sort of window base at the top, that is obviously never cleaned). An army of ants in one of the rooms. Faucets in sink and shower with watermarks in each room (clearly never wiped down).

For the semi-effort at cleaning and the price gouging alone, I will not stay at this hotel again. Which is a shame, because it is a lovely place with a lot of potential, and with some extra care and attention, could be really great.

Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank TanyaM212
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
0.1 km away
The ONE Legian
#36 of 88 in Legian
0.9 km away
Samsara Inn by Lingga Murti

Been to Tanaya Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!