I stayed for 4 nights as a solo traveler in September 2017. A few incidents put me off from this hotel:
- For starters, the hotel did not reply back on time for my request for an airport pick up (around over 24 hours before landing time) and i had to take a taxi to the hotel.
- Upon arrival, the receptionist was trying to charge my card (4 times!) with the machine saying it is not working but i checked with my bank and it turned out the money was taken the four times. He insisted the problem was with the card not the machine (i used this card for 3 weeks in Asia with zero problems) until i got him the transaction approval codes from my bank. I asked him to resolve the issue with his bank to not withdraw the money and i will be paying in cash. Given the accounting team were on their lunch break, the issue took a couple of hours during which he was reluctant to give me my room and insisted on taking my passport hostage, when i insisted to check in, as if I will run away!!
- The language barrier from the staff is the worst i have seen in both Nepal and Bali over 3 weeks. Their English is not good at all to the extent that you can ask them a "what do i do in ...?" and their reply is "yes"!! After several times trying to communicate over different things, it got me so frustrated that i completely avoided speaking to the staff.
- I wanted to book a boat from Kuta to Gili and i read online it is cheaper to book when you get there. I asked the receptionist when i was checking in and he was like "no it will be much more expensive if we book it for you. it is better you book online" with a very dismissive attitude as if he does not want to help. I did book online but later i figured i booked it much more expensive than i would have if i booked in kuta
- You are always warned to take an authentic Bluebird metered taxi and there are others that try to imitate how it looks. The first day i asked the security guy of the hotel to stop me a bluebird. He stopped a Bali Taxi and tried to convince me it is an authentic bluebird. Luckily i knew the difference and refused to get it. Afterwards i stopped by own taxis.
Apart from those incidences, and more, here is some more feedback:
- I was in a double room. It is quite small with the bathroom opened in the room (not separated area with a door). There is no wardrobe. A small shelf i used to put my stuff. The bed was clean and comfortable though
- The walls are so thin i would be hearing everything in the next room (as in when he/she unzipped his/her bag i heard that!)
- breakfast is very good with a variety to choose from. the terrace in which you have breakfast is nice.
- the overall decor of the hotel is modern and i liked it
The location: the reason i booked this hotel was the location. I was mistaken. It is not the best in this area. It is extremely crowded to go from/to the hotel to any other place (half hour additional at least). I thought Legian street was where the nice nightlife is and hence wanted to stay close. I went to the bars on the street once and did not like it. It is as if it is the dodgy side of Bali. Seminyak is much much better and i ended up going there every night for clubs and bars there.
The only reason i did not move out from the hotel from the first night was they charged me in full upon check in. I would not recommend. I am sure there are better hotels for less or same price.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tanaya Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanaya Bed And Breakfast
- Tanaya Hotel Kuta
- Tanaya Bed & Breakfast Bali/Kuta