“There are not enough words in the English language. ”
Review of Johnny Tacos

Johnny Tacos
Ranked #7 of 1,156 Restaurants in Kuta
Description: Welcome to Johnny Tacos, a funky taco bar in Tuban, Bali, where the mood is laid back, the food is fresh and the drinks are strong. We offer dips, chips, snacks, fresh juices, drinks and, of course, our famous Tacos! Take-Out available and delivery via gojek also possible. Open late :) So come by and check out what everyone's been talking about~ Instagram: johnny_tacos_bali
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

If you like tacos, you are going to love Johnny’s, and if you don’t like tacos - these may just change your mind.

Tacos so decadent you will forget your skin is melting off in the humidity.

Salsa so rich it will send you to college.

Guacamole so thick it gave my thighs some competition.

...

In all honesty this place is amazing. There is enough variation in the menu that everyone should find something to suit their needs (they also offer tacos for vegetarians and vegans).

Every one of the staff members is kind and friendly and easy to chat with (so please be nice to them).

Affordable prices, and a variety of “combos” to get what you like. With incredibly generous servings.

I like to get combo “A” - two tacos, chips, salsa, and a drink of your choice all for 100,000 IDR. You might think this is a lot compared to other places you can eat in Bali, but trust me my friend - you get what you pay for here.

The fish taco (mahi mahi) is phenomenal, the sauce is exquisite. The vegetarian taco is so huge and so full of vegetables that it alone is enough to fill me up - but why would I stop there? I haven’t even bothered to venture out yet because both of these are so good. The salsas are amazing (yes, you get two types). Let me tell you now, the guacamole is well worth the 15,000 IDR ($1.50) “splurge”. I personally enjoy mixing the three together.

My only complaint (as I write this review on a Monday before dinner time) is that they are closed on Mondays - but everyone deserves a day off.

I will likely return here every day until I leave Bali, and then I will miss it dearly.

P.S. I’m sorry there are no photos for me to share - the food is too good to wait for a photo shoot.

3  Thank Ren1211
JohnnyBali1, Owner at Johnny Tacos, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

There might not be enough words, but you seem to have found the right ones and put them together beautifully. We all really enjoyed your company, as well as the thorough feedback. Thank you for bringing a smile to our faces more than once. We all sincerely look forward to welcoming you'll back again~

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Ben traveling for a month, and this is has ben the best meal so fare! The tuna tacos, are amazing and very generous, you would expect a small live of tuna in it. But no. There was a giant perfect tuna steak in there and it was Devine!

JohnnyBali1, Owner at Johnny Tacos, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

thanks for the visit and feedback! Hope to have the chance to welcome you back again soon~

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

We ordered tacos, pineapple juice and banana juice. It ended up with terrible flavour. I thought all juice in Bali would be ok, but juice here are not good at all. It tasted like 10% juice and 90% water being mixed up. My boy ordered a bacon and egg taco and did not like it at all. We wasted 11.5 Australian dollars for this breakfast.

Thanks for your visit and taking the time to leave your feedback. I am sorry that your experience was anything less than positive. I have looked into your ticket and I made sure to thank the staff for cooking food on the lunch menu for you, even though it was still breakfast hours. It seems both of your drinks were completely finished, as was your chicken taco. The bacon egg and cheese was not eaten and I'm sorry your son did not enjoy it, but sometimes children can be fussy eaters (especially when not eating something not familiar), but it's pretty clear what to expect...bacon..egg..and cheese, in a taco. The toppings, diced onion and cilantro, are listed in the menu (also in Chinese which was the menu you read).

Our pineapple juice includes almost half of a fresh pineapple, ice, water and a little homemade seasoned syrup. The banana 'juice' is actually a milkshake, no water at all and includes one and a half bananas. For the life of me, I cannot see any problem with this. Sorry you didn't like it, but you did finish them both without any comment. Had you told the staff of your concerns prior to finishing, we would have happily removed the items from your bill or replaced them with something else. Our job is to make sure that each and every guest enjoys their meal with us. If you are unhappy and do not inform us, then how can we help you.

Hope you and your son enjoy your holiday here in Bali paradise~

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

I had chicken and pork soft tacos and chips/salsa. Tacos were stuffed with a lot of meat that had good seasoning and had fresh veggies on top. Salsa and guacamole were fresh and delicious. Chips were average but salsa made up for it. Owner is friendly and driven to make his little restaurant #1 on TripAdvisor

JohnnyBali1, Owner at Johnny Tacos, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review here Andrew! Hope to have the chance to serve you again soon~

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Nice small place with the spirit of surfing and mexico! Tacos was amazing and guacamole super tasty!

Thanks for taking the time to rate us here! Happy that you enjoyed :)