All reviews butler service cliff villa ayana resort rock bar ocean front villa guests private pool personal assistant our honeymoon bedroom oceanfront prior to our arrival dinner reservations direct view cliff top vip access a la carte breakfast absolute luxury
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Would never go to Ayana Villa again. Our villa was updated to Ocean View Villa but it was just next to the famous and busy Tresna Chapel. the wedding was everyday there so we had to listen to loud music, cheering and speech everyday... even in the evening, loud music still came from other wedding venues..
the worst part was the buttler service. First day when we arrived Ayana, we were sent to have the 30mins free spa because our villa was not ready. But when we finish our spa, we were waiting there over 20 mins for buttler to pick us up. During that time, we do not have our room number, room card, nor any information about this hotel. My husband called the villa manager once we were sent to our villa. However, at the second morning, when we called our buttler to pick us up to have our breakfast, he appeared after 30mins(the introduction of buttler service is 5-10mins waiting time) We met villa manager and complained again regarding service. Then the manager offer us the free late check out and car service to send us to the airport at the last day. probably it is because of the large area of the hotel, but such a poor service not meeting such a high price.
the cooking class and traditional market visit were highlighted. The lady who took us to the market introduce much culture and food of Bali to us. The chef was also a good teacher to help us made our first Bali food dishes. this experience was impressive and i highly recommend.

Room Tip: Some of ocean view villas have much noise from wedding venues
3  Thank Cristina C
AYANARESORT, General Manager at The Villas at AYANA Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Cristina C,

Firstly, thank you for choosing our fully integrated resort for your holiday destination. Guest satisfaction is at the heart of our resort’s experience and I appreciate the time you spent to share your thoughts with us.

I am delighted to read your wonderful comments about our cooking school at RIMBA. The visit to the local markets, plus the class itself is always a favorite highlight with our guests.

Having reviewed your comments on our butler service, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies. You will see from our other reviews that many of our guests comment on the exceptional level of service they receive from our butlers. All butlers at AYANA are trained and certified by the Guild of Professionals Butlers in the UK (the same association that trains butlers for the English Royal Family). We pride ourselves on offering a first-class service and this year The Villas at AYANA Resort, BALI is one of only 22 resorts to have obtained Forbes Travel Guide's 5-star award, joining an elite group of only 175 resorts in the entire world who hold this acclaimed award, and only 3 properties in Indonesia. I can only apologize, with sincerity, that you did not experience our usual level of service standards. We will address each of your comments with the urgency deserved and we will certainly review the timeliness of our pick-up service.

On a more positive note, I am pleased that our Villa Manager arranged for a late check out, as well as a complimentary car to escort you to the airport. Although this cannot make up for the disappointment you experienced, I do hope it has gone a little way towards showing that we do take such feedback seriously and will continue to strive for excellence.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write to us. I do hope you will reconsider our resort again in the future. Our team would also be more than happy to help you choose a villa spot more fitting for your requirements.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

An overall fantastic place! Loved and enjoyed everything the resort had to offer! Would definitely come back again one day. I would highly recommend anyone planning to have a relaxed getaway to bali to vist ayana.

Dear patelm164,

It was satisfying to read about the overall success of your recent visit to our resort, and we do thank you for taking the time to share your positive thoughts with us

I am delighted to learn that your stay with us has proved to be extremely memorable and that you appreciated all that our unique, 90-hectare integrated resort has to offer. We strive to provide fresh and rich experiences for every guest, even if you return year after year. Our extensive facilities invite guests to customize each day at AYANA to their liking. With new facilities opening throughout the year including Kubu Beach Club.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts with the TripAdvisor community and we look forward to welcoming you home for another unforgettable escape on the Island of the Gods.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

villa and entire hotel are awsome! Have a nice view in the villa and the h2o pool is excellent! Took lots of pictures around hotel. Especially the sunset and the ocean view. Definitely will recommend to my friends and family.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear 465weiweij,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us about how much you enjoyed your recent getaway at our resort.

It is truly a pleasure to know that you are thankful for everything during your stay, especially the luxury of having access to all of the shared facilities offered throughout AYANA and RIMBA's integrated resort concept. The resort’s complimentary shuttle makes it easy to plan several unforgettable activities in one day, including spa treatments, beach time, lunch by the pool, golf putting and quality kids programs.

I will make sure to share your positive comments with the team, as it is always satisfying to know how much our guests appreciate the effort that goes into creating the ultimate holiday in paradise.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

I highly recommend ayana. Expensive place to stay but absolutely worth it for a treat. Facilities, food, staff, service, location all 10/10! Cannot fault! We had our wedding there and it was completely perfect and unforgettable for our guests!

Reviewed 19 September 2017

I have stayed at Ayana a couple of times and I never get bored of the truely wonderful views and experiences that the resort provides. This is why I planned for a very special night with 5 girlfriends to celebrate our milestone birthday with the resorts VIP Rock Pool package which included accomodation in their villas. While I cannot fault the villas and views, the transfers and timing of our stay were not up to standard. While the staff are accomodating the experience was not luxurious nor did it match the price tag. I really am dissapointed that I have to review this particular experience negatively as every other time I have stayed there it has been nothing short of amazing. However, the VIP Rock Pool package is disappointing, over priced and not what it is advertised as.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends