4,245 results
All reviews rock bar ayana resort the cliff ocean beach pool kubu beach aquatonic pool club room padi restaurant damar terrace sami sami recommend ayana on the rocks ritz carlton hotel guests our honeymoon indian ocean seafood restaurant
Reviewed 10 February 2018

My husband I and stayed at Anaya Resort and Spa over the New Years period. We specifically choose this resort for a very relaxing holiday but also its variety of food offerings. We were not disappointed. The resort is huge, almost like 3 resorts in 1, with amazing gardens. Our daily routine involved 1 hr exercise first thing, Oka the Gym Manager and PD was fantastic, we was a lovely person and also helped me to get back into my much missed exercise regime. Much time was spent by us in the pools, all the pool side staff (in fact all the staff) were amazing, very polite, friendly and accommodating.

The drink and food offering was outstanding for a resort, traditional Indonesian, Italian, Mexican and a great and very fun Japanese teppanyaki restaurant, just to name a few. Kristina The Rock Bar mixologist was amazing, his cocktail making skill was fabulous.

Highlight for us was the local market and cooking school, it was so much fun and learning to good the local food was a great cultural experience. The cooking school team were outstanding.

We loved it so much we didn't leave the resort during our stay!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Dear TJT73,

Thank for reaching out to the TripAdvisor community with your insightful review. We appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts about our resort with fellow travellers, after your stay with us during the new years.

Our culinary team takes great pride in presenting guests with memorable dining experiences, and I will surely share your positive review with our staff members to further inspire them. With 18 in-house restaurants featuring the very best of Italian, Mexican, Indonesian and Japanese specialties, as well as healthy, post work-out bites at Spa Café, and premium cuts of grilled Wagyu at DAVA, our chefs work hard to please every palate, whim and age.

As you noticed, AYANA’s legendary hospitality is reflected in each and every guest interaction, with a commitment by each member of our team to provide the highest level of service at all times. Our expertly trained staff members are committed to creating lifelong memories for our guests, and it is very encouraging to hear about your positive experience with our team. The small details count, especially in the delivery of authentic five-star hospitality, and I thank you for bringing these to my attention.

Thank you again for your time, and we look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home in Bali.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Great views and relaxing atmosphere, especially at the villas and adults only Rimba pool. Service was amazing across the resort. The last night we stayed our air conditioning stopped working and although they didn't have any rooms nearby that were similar to our booking available, they offered to find us another room to stay in without moving luggage since it was already late at night. In addition, they gave us 4pm check out since our flight wasn't until much later in the evening along with a complimentary meal. One of the managers also went out of his way to ship belongings i forgot back to New York, which was not cheap, all complimentary.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jasperelizabeth

Dear jasperelizabeth,

On behalf of the AYANA family, thank you for choosing to stay with us on the Island of the Gods. Your review means a lot to us, and we are thankful that you took the time to reach out after your stay.

It is always the highlight of my day to read about the wonderful experiences guests have had while visiting one of our resorts. As a passionate service professional, I also enjoy learning about what may not have worked out perfectly during a guest’s stay, so thank you for your heartfelt comments. With a reputation for genuinely caring service that truly reflects Bali’s legendary hospitality, each member of our team works hard to anticipate guest needs and resolve issues as efficiently as possible. We appreciate your insight and will certainly share your feedback with the team.

Please keep in touch with us via social media for AYANA news, as well as AYANA Midplaza Jakarta, our newly launched lifestyle & business hotel, located in the heart of Jakarta’s commercial business district.

We look forward to welcoming you back home soon.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

An enchanting place to visit. Despite the rain which meant the bar had to be temporarily closed, the staff were so considerate. We encountered Richa, one of the bar staff, who totally enriched our experience by her warmth and care of us, felt like family not a mere customer.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Dear gaze2018,

First and foremost, thank you for selecting our resort as your holiday destination of choice in Bali.

I am glad to know that you had such a memorable time while staying with us. It is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed the RockBar as your preferred sipping pleasure destination, and that few of our team members including Richa, have provided you with the highest level of service to create lifelong memories.

Have a wonderful day and we do look forward to welcoming you back to the stunning natural beauty of Jimbaran’s ‘golden mile’.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

It is located on rock of sea. To reach there you have go by lift. Good experience. One has to take drink of indian currency RS. 1000 drink. Worth visiting.One has to enjoy evening h. Enjoy drink in front of sea. Veg items are also available.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 1954bipin

Dear 1954bipin,

On behalf of the AYANA family, thank you for your continued support of our resort, and for taking your valuable time to share this review with the TripAdvisor travel community.

I am glad to know that you had such a memorable time while staying with us. It is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed the RockBar as your preferred sipping pleasure destination.

All in all, we are glad to know that you had a great time during your stay with us. We do hope to welcome you again to explore more of the AYANA and RIMBA lifestyle.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

Just spent 1 night at Ayana Resort and Spa this early February 2018 with mixed experiences. We could enjoy the unforgettable moments hanging around the Ayana Resort, Rimba Jimbaran, and Villas Ayana. The ambience and sight of the environment deliver pure bliss.
Kudos to the Front Desk and Housekeeping team. They didn't let me wait for too long to be served and even offered me a room upgrade so that I could immediately let my body hit the bed for a rest (the room I reserved was not ready at the time of my early arrival).
Also my room had always been kept clean and tidy all the time. A truly 5-star service! These guys deserve the superlative.

What I regretted so much was the crowd. I expected a secluded resort with a few select guests, while what I met were bunches of people (from a certain country that I choose not to speak about) who didn't stay at the resort but they took pictures/selfies/wefies all over the sweet spots. This left me with no privacy at all.
To make it even more irritating, some of them were so uncivilized that they smoked anywhere they liked and I even saw one of them spitted on the garden!!
I learned from one of the bell boys that frequently outsiders come in group. Their primary objective is to visit the Rock Bar, whilst also roam over the resort.
As a Resort's guest, this is a big issue! Simply unacceptable, and it was not worth what I paid for. Ayana is not a cheap place to stay at and this situation had jeopardized my entire experience.
A huge homework for Ayana Resort Management Team to handle this issue.

I personally wish to return to Ayana Resort in my future vacation in Bali.
Again, this is an amazing place to spend your quality time with your spouse. Environment-wise, it is certainly one of the bests in Asia.
However, I'll make sure to double check whether this "external & uncivilized crowd" issue persist or not through my friends' and online reviews. I won't be willing to pay that much for ruined privacy and experience.

Date of stay: February 2018
6  Thank guntherleonhart

Dear guntherleonhart,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to write this wonderful review. Guest satisfaction is at the heart of AYANA’s signature lifestyle, and I appreciate the time you spent to share your thoughts with us.

Our team is extensively trained to deliver impeccable service, with a focus on anticipating guest needs and providing solutions when needed. We pride ourselves on providing the highest level of service at all times, with team members who are committed to creating lifelong memories for our guests. The small details count, especially in the delivery of authentic five-star hospitality, and I thank you for bringing these to my attention.

With a reputation for genuinely caring service that truly reflects Bali’s legendary hospitality, each member of our team works hard to anticipate guest needs and resolve issues as efficiently as possible. We make the greatest effort to satisfy individual tastes, catering to a wide spectrum of visitors. We regret to hear that not every AYANA experience met your expectations, however we are constantly striving for excellence and do appreciate your review.

AYANA caters to a global clientele, with visitors from across the region, as well as Europe, North & South America and India coming to enjoy AYANA’s signature lifestyle in Bali. With 90 hectares and 3 world-class resorts at our disposal, we strive to accommodate every guest with a personalized AYANA getaway that reflects our commitment to heartfelt Indonesian hospitality. In regards to your experience, we sincerely apologize for the disturbance caused to your holiday.
If you choose to give us another opportunity, we would love to welcome you back and do recommend our most tranquil accommodation at The Villas at AYANA. Each villa is appointed with a private pool and garden, with exclusive entry via a beautifully carved wooden gate.