Lovely place. We went on our honeymoon for two weeks. In hindsight, perhaps it would have been interesting to do one week in Ubud at the sister hotel (Hanging Gardens), but we were more than happy to spend the full trip at this hotel.
Some complaints in other reviews I have seen (if at all people complained about anything) about the cleanliness of the beach. Perhaps this depends on wind directions / weather conditions, time of the year etc... we were there in August (2008.... I am writing to a few years later, to be honest) and it was fine. It's true that it isn't a private beach, but there is plenty of space and I personally prefer it to be public and thoroughly enjoyed having my evening cocktail with a view of locals playing football on the beach in the distance. Also, the pool is very beautiful, so an excellent alternative.
We have fun memories of walking down the beach towards the Four Seasons, where you can find great restaurants lined-up on the beach right up to the waterfront with really tasty catch of the day fish, done Bali style with wonderful flavors. You pay VERY little for the food there. Walking back on the beach at night made my wife jump because there were quite a few little crabs (if you went close to the water), but perhaps this formed a good indicator of cleanliness... the marine life is flourishing :-)
In any case, the hotel itself offers wonderful food and an amazing setting (very romantic) and great service etc. Although we stayed long, the options of on the beach, at the bar, in the garden, at the pool side, western or Indonesian food, kept us more than happy. And of course a short cab ride and you can find lots of other interesting places to eat. We also had nice pizza at the Four Seasons for example.
My wife went to the spa all the time. Became friends with one of the girls there.
The hotel organized a day-trip sailing and snorkelling for us, also very recommendable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Jimbaran Puri is a luxury resort hotel in Jimbaran, Bali with a authentic, unpretentious and supremely romantic style. Located at the beachfront of Jimbaran Bay, one of the most beautiful beaches in Bali, the resort promises uninterrupted breathtaking sea views and is perfect for those looking for a private space to relax and unwind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Belmond, TravelUp, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Jimbaran Puri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jimbaran Puri Bali By Orient-Express Hotel Jimbaran
- Puri Bali Hotel Jimbaran
- Jimbaran Puri Bali Hotel
- Belmond Jimbaran Puri Bali