“Amazing view, nice Tuna steak!”
Review of Bayang Cafe

Bayang Cafe
Ranked #38 of 304 Restaurants in Jimbaran
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: One of beach bars close to Intercontinental Hotel
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Awesome place to eat seafood, atmosphere is great, they have tables on beach and view is great, especially if you visit this place around sunset. I tried Tuna steak and it was really good, and this place is also very cheap, i was really satisfied in every way and i would recommend this place to anyone who wants to enjoy good food and nice atmosphere.

Sudarma I, Pemilik at Bayang Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

This warung was good, but not as good as an the warung bamboo Who is a little bit more expensive but have better fishes

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Jimbaran beach is famous for it's grilled seafood. I stayed for a couple of days in Jimbaran and my both of my dinners were at Bayang Cafe. There are few other restaurants as well but this particular restaurant was more crowded and I felt that I should try it. On the first day, I took a set menu (2 people) of Fish (you can select which fish you need like Tuna or King Fish or Red Snapper, I took King Fish), Prawns, Squid and clams (exchanged it for prawns). It was for 350,000 IDR (~28 USD). This includes seafood soup, salad, plain white rice, cooked vegetable (I think it was seaweed) and 2 colas. I did enjoy the grilled seafood, you can ask them to make it as per your taste.
The next day, I opted not to go for the set menu but individually instead. I got Grilled King Fish (120,000 IDR/kilo) which again comes with soup, veg, salad and plain rice, crunchy prawns + chips and Indonesian fried rice. The best was again the grilled fish.
If you're not aware of the fish tastes and worried, below are some tips.

King Fish and Tuna are always a safe bet, the taste is mild and if you're not used to have fishy taste, go for King Fish or Tuna

Red Snapper and Swordfish are great for grilling as well but might get that fishy taste and if aren't used to it then you may not enjoy the food.

If you have to select the fish yourself, then go for the ones which have the clearest/freshest eyes.

In and all both meals at Bayang Cafe were good and as you'll see, a busy restaurant is a good restaurant !

Sudarma I, Pemilik at Bayang Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Thank you very much, see you again.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

After we enjoyed our meal with a group of 6, we were horribly happy with the food. And then, we took a trip to the restrooms and it was the worst sight ever. The toilet was clogged, somebody puked and didn't clean up after himself... everything else was filthy in both restrooms. And the worst thing is that the staff did not care!
It makes you wonder how could anything they cook could have been decently prepared.
The resto next door didn't let us use their restrooms so we were led to the public restrooms, which was another kind of nightmare. I still cringe thinking about it.

Sudarma I, Manajer at Bayang Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Sorry for your inconvenience, we will further improve our service. We hope you will come back again. Thank you very much

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Fun eating as a family on the beach in the dark. Do bring a torch for the walk home.
Between us we had 6 massive king prawns, a large red snapper and a tuna steak along with rice, soup etc.
All were cooked perfectly.
Bottle of acceptable Chardonnay £18.
Nice evening.